How can I add accounts with the same email address to one family group?

Discus and support How can I add accounts with the same email address to one family group? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; How can I add accounts with the same email address to one family group? And if not, how can I get around this? I want to game share with a family... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by FAT YAM ., Oct 28, 2022.

1. FAT YAM .
    FAT YAM . Guest

How can I add accounts with the same email address to one family group? And if not, how can I get around this? I want to game share with a family member but every time I try and add said family members account, a message comes up saying that the email address is already in use.

:)

FAT YAM ., Oct 28, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

Each account should have their own email address. It's not possible to have multiple accounts on 1 email.

In order to share games, you actually need the Home setting. They do not have to be in your family to share games. The person who purchases the games needs to set the console as their Home and any one else who signs into that console can access the games. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox
  3. Wil Mohr Win User

Changing a Child's email address in a family group.

Hi Brad, thanks for the reply. child has an existing email address on family group with an associated gamertag. He has a new email address, and i need to add it to the family group and change the gamertag over to it. the new address is not attached to anything
    at the moment - brand new.

any ideas how i get it onto the family group with the gamer info?
  4. AridLizard Win User

cant get onto game account

unfortunately, unless your ex-partner can and is willing change the email address on the account (only possible if it isn't a microsoft email address) then that account is gone.

as you will have to start a new account for your son I recommend that you give him his own email address and set up the account as a child account then create an adult account for yourself (unless you already have one) then create a family group and add
    your son to it.

this link has all the information on how to set up your Family Group and manage the Parental Controls for Child accounts

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12413/microsoft-account-what-is-family-group

this will make life easier in the future as you will be able to set up privacy and online safety for him as well as controlling what types of games he plays and for how long.

it will also mean that when he's older his Xbox account will be on his email account and not yours
  5. KhajiBower34 Win User

Parental supervisión.

Hello, my name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

In this case, you must sign in to an adult account (the one you want to designate as the organizer for your family group) and then add their account to the family group from the organizer account. All organizers in a family group have the authority to manage member accounts, such as setting content limits, approving time extension requests, and adding new members to the group. You can do this from the web or by using the Microsoft Family Safety app. Web:

1. Open the Parental Controls panel. https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=2172864

2. Select + Add family member.

3. Enter your email address.

4. Select your role in the family group: Member or Organizer.

5. Select Invite. Mobile app:

1. Download the Microsoft Family Safety app from Google Play or Apple App Store.

2. Tap Start to log in.

3. In Your Family view, select List.

4. Scroll down to select Add Family Member.

5. Enter your email address.

6. Select your role in the family group: Member or Organizer.

7. Select Next.

8. Choose the addition method and select Send invitation. Please note that members can only be part of one family group.

A member must leave the current family group to join a new one. Guest will receive a link to register via email. They will be asked to sign in to their Microsoft account to accept and join the family group. If they are minors, they will also be asked to request adult consent.

Best regards, Khaji
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

Family accounts/permissions and xbox

Add members to your family group
    Applies to: Microsoft account

You can add someone to your family group on your PC or on
    Xbox One. To learn more about the benefits of a family group and how to set one up, see What is a Microsoft family group?

Note

Your family group is a way to manage how members of your family use their Microsoft accounts. If you're just trying to add an account to your own PC, see Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Add a family member on your PC
    We'll email or text an invitation to each person you want to add and they'll need to accept to join the family group. If you're adding an account for a young child, you can set up an email address and monitor it.

To add a member to your family group:

1. Go to family.microsoft.com.
    2. Sign in with your Microsoft account, then select Add a family member.
    3. Select Member or Organizer.
    4. Enter an email address or phone number for the person you want to add, then select Send invite.

Note

If the person you're adding is already part of another family group, they'll first need to be removed from that family group, or they'll need a new Microsoft account for your family group.
    5. Have the person you invited accept your invitation from the email or text message they receive. Or, in the Notifications section, select Accept now next to Pending member.
      You'll be signed out so the person you're trying to add can sign in to their account and accept the invitation.
    6. For someone that's an adult, you're done. For someone that's a child, they'll need to select My parent can sign in now. Then sign back in to your account, accept the legal terms, choose whether your child can sign in to third-party apps,
      and select Continue. Now you can set up parental controls in the family group (learn how to set up parental controls).
    Add a family member on Xbox One
    The way you add someone to your family group on Xbox One depends on whether they’re new to Xbox Live or already have an Xbox Live account. For kids who are new to Xbox Live, add them to your family group on the console, then manage their family settings
    on family.microsoft.com. Otherwise, they may not appear in your list of family members on the console.

If your family member doesn’t have an Xbox Live account

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then select Sign in and sign in with your account.
    2. Press the Xbox button again and select System > Settings > Account > Family settings > Manage family members > Add to family > Add new.
    3. When the person you want to add is prompted to sign in using their Microsoft account email address, press B on your controller, then move the left stick down to select Get a new account, and have them follow the steps to create
      a Microsoft account.
    4. When you’re prompted, select Add to family.

If your family member has an Xbox Live account on your console

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then select Sign in and sign in with your account.
    2. Press the Xbox button again and select System > Settings > Account > Family settings > Manage family members > Add to family.
    3. Select the profile for the person you want to add, then press the A button on your controller.

If your family member has an Xbox Live account that’s not on your console

2. Press the Xbox button again and select System > Settings > Account > Family settings > Manage family members > Add to family > Add new.
    3. Have the person you want to add sign in with their Microsoft account email address and password, and when you’re prompted, select Add to family.
    Managing accounts for kids
    For more information on the managing a member account when they're a child, see:

Thema:

1. How can I add accounts with the same email address to one family group? - Similar Threads - add accounts same

2. Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?: Under rewards it added phone verification and it won't let me put my number in. Never had to do this before usually just got points and redeemed them. cab72864-61a6-4845-b498-d45fe2990133
  3. Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?: I recently had to factory reset my Xbox. After doing so I had to start from scratch and add an account to play on. Whenever I select the “add new” account option it sits on this grey loading...
  4. Is there a way to add my Xbox Game Pass on PC to my Steam account (i.e, having my xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to add my Xbox Game Pass on PC to my Steam account (i.e, having my xbox...: Is there a way to add my Xbox Game Pass on PC to my Steam account (i.e, having my xbox games show up in my Steam Library) ? Using a new HP Omen 16 gaming laptop b2b56295-7dc7-47d0-9f82-811c8bad3300
  5. HOW TO ADD DEBIT CARD DETAILES TO XBOX ACCOUNT?

in XBoX on Windows
    HOW TO ADD DEBIT CARD DETAILES TO XBOX ACCOUNT?: HI MICROSOFT MANAGEMENT. MY SELF RAKESH AND MY QUERY IS AM UNABLE TO ADD MY DEBIT CARD (VISA) DETAILES AND AM UNABLE TO REDEEM MY GAME PASS PLEASE DO THE NEEDFUL . THANK YOU....
  6. Are there any recent plans to add local co-op or account sharing to Xcloud?

in XboX Insiders
    Are there any recent plans to add local co-op or account sharing to Xcloud?: Regarding local coop, I was thinking about adding compatibility for 2 controls in a single game, for example, FIFA 23, where I believe that many players would like to play 1v1 with friends....
  7. Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX: Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX When my son try to buy the xbox will say it will need to send the parent request to approve that (Me) than i get the...
  8. When I add friends, why are other accounts on same console adding friends

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I add friends, why are other accounts on same console adding friends: So I add friends on my own account but another account on the same console randomly adds the same person ( this person is not adding them , it’s the console ! Also I’ve noticed if I have 2...
  9. Hey everyone How do you add another microsoft account to the same playstation network account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey everyone How do you add another microsoft account to the same playstation network account?: I play Minecraft on my ps5. When I was younger my friend decided it would be funny to make a Microsoft account and not tell me the password. And I can't add another Microsoft account to the same...
  10. how to add a player with the same Microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to add a player with the same Microsoft account: Hi, We would like to know how we can add another player that is not a guest player since we have two kids at home that would like to play together on the xBox one we have. if they use a guest...