How are you supposed to properly report people who use tricks to bypass the swear filter?

Discus and support How are you supposed to properly report people who use tricks to bypass the swear filter? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I'm hoping this is the right place to post this. I don't typically do this sort of thing, but I've been getting all sorts of confused about how... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by EvanMicrosoft, Jul 21, 2022.

1. How are you supposed to properly report people who use tricks to bypass the swear filter?

Hello,

I'm hoping this is the right place to post this. I don't typically do this sort of thing, but I've been getting all sorts of confused about how I'm supposed to deal with this situation accordingly.

So bit of context behind the post. I play a fighting game called Dragon Ball Fighterz (DBFZ) a lot and I often play ranked mode where you fight others to gain/lose arbitrary ranking points. One individual I have played against on many occasions quits on me right before I get a win almost every time, which denies me points and allows him to keep his points. I honestly don't mind that too awfully much, I mean I could always just not fight him and all that stuff but he sends me messages very frequently afterwards and he uses some QUESTIONABLE profanity sometimes. The issue is I have no idea how I'm supposed to report this type of behavior and I've even tried calling Microsoft support but got no real answer out of it. I can report individual letters and try to explain the context but I'm certain I've done this a few times now and nothing seems to happen, meanwhile other people can get banned simply for dropping F bombs. To provide an example of said harassment and bypassing of the filter I'll post an imgur link with the offenders name and profile picture edited out to keep their anonymity.

[mod removed] warning may contain offensive language

So, with this out of the way, what am I supposed to do here? I could simply block him but I'm fairly certain he does this a lot considering he knows how to bypass the report system, and he's breaking all sorts of policies, but absolutely nothing is being done. Is there something I'm missing here? I know for a fact you can get banned for simply cursing, context doesn't matter, but people can evidently get away with calling others slurs through this method, never mind their other offences in games themselves.

I'm at my wits end, if anybody knows what on earth people are supposed to do to combat this type of behaviour please let me know, because reporting doesn't seem to do anything unless the report contains a word that gets tagged by bots.

Thanks

:)

EvanMicrosoft, Jul 21, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

How are you supposed to properly report people who use tricks to bypass the swear filter?

Like you've done before, report one of the messages and explain more in the comment box. The enforcement team will investigate from there and take the appropriate action. You won't be told when they do though. So even though it seems as if nothing happens, it does.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Xbox live gold - Free downloadable games problem.

Vpns arent supposed to be used in illegal ways like bypassing your countries content filters
  4. ngocphi Win User

If i have someone being openly racist in messages but the automatic system will not pick it up how do i report them?

You just report the word filter can be bypassed
  5. Arkham99 Win User

Multiplayer is broken... For returning/new players.

So you know ACrules7, bypassing the swear filter (however clever you choose to do it) is a suspendable offence, but you don't seem to care anyway, do you?...:)
  6. ngocphi Win User

so how are we supposed to properly report people?

For one thing throwing a game isnt a enforcement issue

You.can file.a report.ingame

You.can.file.feedback for.the reputation system

Throwing a game is upto.the developers

And yes you have use the.ingame tools.for.that

Because throwing a game is just bad sportmanship not cheating unless you got text of him telling the other team hes throwing the game for them in which case you file.it on the report button

People can quit the game

But that affects their.reputation

Early quiters isnt cheating but again it is upto the developers moderators to enforce their own rules
Thema:

1. How are you supposed to properly report people who use tricks to bypass the swear filter? - Similar Threads - are supposed properly

2. I just bought a controller and it is supposed to be able to get the combatability tobe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a controller and it is supposed to be able to get the combatability tobe...: This controller iss supposed to be able too work on. All. Consoles but I can't seem to get it to. Itis anintendo switch 321529b7-3fa0-4ab5-8608-80077ac2daab
  3. My suspension was supposed to lift today at 4:22 but it didn't restarted my console...

in XBoX on Windows
    My suspension was supposed to lift today at 4:22 but it didn't restarted my console...: My suspension was supposed to lift today at 4:22 but it still isn't working I have unplugged my console also restarted it can someone sort it out or help me im desperate really....
  4. Expired warranty before it was supposed to expire

in XBoX on Consoles
    Expired warranty before it was supposed to expire: I bought the Elite 2 controller by microsoft store on September 26, 2022 and should therefore have a warranty until September 26, 2024. This was now terminated on February 17, 2024, within the...
  5. Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...: When I go to transfer clips to an external drive, it will function for a while and then will all of a sudden close without any indication of it continuing the process. is this supposed too happen...
  6. Why is my communication ban not lifted a week after it was supposed to end

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my communication ban not lifted a week after it was supposed to end: I got banned on january 9 until the 24 from communication and a week later i still cant start a party or join any along with not being able to add people on certain games and voice chat being...
  7. Wh what is the email address of the gentleman of Microsoft I am supposed to email about...

in XBoX on Windows
    Wh what is the email address of the gentleman of Microsoft I am supposed to email about...: When I put in the code for the gift card it told me could not find code or code cannot be found 8bf70964-4a5e-4da6-9cdb-207921cb8d3f
  8. Is Minecraft and Fortnite supposed to be eating up 100% of my i5-11400f and still run on 50...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Minecraft and Fortnite supposed to be eating up 100% of my i5-11400f and still run on 50...: I'm pretty sure i just started having problems with my CPU performance a few weeks ago. Whenever i started up more CPU intensive games like Fortnite or Minecraft, my FPS just tops out at roughly...
  9. What am I supposed to do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What am I supposed to do?: Hi, I've been wanting to redeem a reward but I can'tcause I need a phone number to do so...but the problemis, is that I don't have a number. I cant afford service and therefore don't have a phone...
  10. Is it supposed to take 15 hours to install Grand theft Auto on Xbox s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it supposed to take 15 hours to install Grand theft Auto on Xbox s: Is it supposed to take 15 hours to install Grand theft Auto on Xbox s and do I have to delete everything to make enough space for one simple game 1936c148-70dc-4a5c-b19c-0b52b4af8742