how are xbox one sales?

Discus and support how are xbox one sales? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; OP, I suggest joining Forza Rewards, they offer lots of free credits that should help lessen the P2P feelings. I know I don't feel that way due to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MachineDizeez, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Judge
    Judge Guest

how are xbox one sales?

OP, I suggest joining Forza Rewards, they offer lots of free credits that should help lessen the P2P feelings. I know I don't feel that way due to credits there, and them patching the economy a bit since launch. Also, you should have picked up a different
    game than BF4, it's a mess right now on both platforms. Might I recommend Ryse or DR3, for more bang for the buck.

Judge, Jan 5, 2014
  2. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest
    I got an xbox one at launch, and 90% of the people on my friends list are still on 360, all the people that have asked if they should get one, I have said wait until either:

The headset adaptors come out (most play call of duty and soundwhore but also play in parties)

Titan Falls comes out

Or

In 12 months when there is more progress with the issues, more games and more apps.

The is a marathon no a sprint, but I don't care about sales, I do care about the XO progression though.

EnenDaveyBoy, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    [quote user="MachineDizeez"]

I'm not real happy with mine but its not MS fault. forza's pay-to-win really sucks and matchmaking is not working on BF4 atm so im playing wow lol.

[/quote]

BF 4 was buggy before the patch but how do you "Pay To Win" on "Forza 5"?

That's simply not accurate at all.

Azrael008uk, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest

how are xbox one sales?

[quote user="Galactic Geek"]

[quote user=""]

There have been a few rumours over the last few weeks that Microsoft will announce early in 2014 a standalone cheaper Xbox One without Kinect... ...than it honestly wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft announce it, we shall see.

[/quote]I just want to clarify that said rumors have been around for months (since the announcement of the Xbox One all the way back in May) & are largely unfounded, especially since Microsoft has already gone on record saying that they will not sell the
    Xbox One without the Kinect sensor because of how essential it is to the console.

[/quote]

Yep I 100% agree there has been ALOT of rumours and until we are told officially then they remain just that.

I just have this gut feeling lets say that an announcement won't be too far off if in the months to come other shops report like my local GAME how much more interest there is in PS4 than Xbox One because of the price difference. Again it's only one store but
    I popped in there today, they said they had more stock of Xbox One ( 20 consoles ) and 20 PS4 on Friday just gone, up until I went in about 2pm today they sold 8 Xbox Ones, PS4 were gone by midday yesterday. My friend who works there said again, most people
    are not coming in saying ... "Oh we must have a PS4 because it's so much more powerful" .... it's not the stupid fanboy argument but it's all about the price and in this day and age especially so soon after Christmas, a console that's £80 cheaper is a major
    factor.

They even mentioned they have heard "whispers" through Head Office that Microsoft could announce a Kinect-less version but with a 1TB hard drive but match the PS4 price? again only a rumour but who knows.

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next 6 months or so sales wise but I have no doubt Microsoft will do something if PS4 still shows to be the more popular because of the price.

Lofty Who, Jan 5, 2014
  5. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest
    IMO £80 is only an issue if your not buying the console for yourself.

EnenDaveyBoy, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Goth Vampirella Win User

how are xbox one sales?

I just want to clarify that said rumors have been around for months (since the announcement of the Xbox One all the way back in May) & are largely unfounded, especially since Microsoft has already gone on record saying that they will not sell the Xbox One
    without the Kinect sensor because of how essential it is to the console.

[/quote]

I have an Xbox One. I don't use my Kinect. It's not really that "essential" in my eyes considering
    I can do anything on my One I want without it. :p I find that "most" people who proclaim how great the Kinect is are using it for voice commands to navigate their way through UI's that confuse them, etc... You could use a
    mic for voice commands as far as I'm concerned. In "my opinion" the Kinect could be eliminated for those who don't want it. I could see it becoming an "option" one day, although I imagine that day will be far away. I can't imagine Microsoft being in a hurry
    to reduce the price of a new console. lol All this is just "my" opinion. We're all allowed to have one. (I think) :)
  7. Sunburst Univox Win User

how are xbox one sales?

To be fair...they also said they couldn't remove DRM.
  8. MachineDizeez Win User

how are xbox one sales?

I'm not real happy with mine but its not MS fault. forza's pay-to-win really sucks and matchmaking is not working on BF4 atm so im playing wow lol.
  9. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

how are xbox one sales?

IMO £80 is only an issue if your not buying the console for yourself.
  10. Lofty Who Win User

how are xbox one sales?

[quote user=""]

There have been a few rumours over the last few weeks that Microsoft will announce early in 2014 a standalone cheaper Xbox One without Kinect... ...than it honestly wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft announce it, we shall see.

[/quote]I just want to clarify that said rumors have been around for months (since the announcement of the Xbox One all the way back in May) & are largely unfounded, especially since Microsoft has already gone on record saying that they will not sell the
    Xbox One without the Kinect sensor because of how essential it is to the console.

[/quote]

Yep I 100% agree there has been ALOT of rumours and until we are told officially then they remain just that.

I just have this gut feeling lets say that an announcement won't be too far off if in the months to come other shops report like my local GAME how much more interest there is in PS4 than Xbox One because of the price difference. Again it's only one store but
    I popped in there today, they said they had more stock of Xbox One ( 20 consoles ) and 20 PS4 on Friday just gone, up until I went in about 2pm today they sold 8 Xbox Ones, PS4 were gone by midday yesterday. My friend who works there said again, most people
    are not coming in saying ... "Oh we must have a PS4 because it's so much more powerful" .... it's not the stupid fanboy argument but it's all about the price and in this day and age especially so soon after Christmas, a console that's £80 cheaper is a major
    factor.

They even mentioned they have heard "whispers" through Head Office that Microsoft could announce a Kinect-less version but with a 1TB hard drive but match the PS4 price? again only a rumour but who knows.

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next 6 months or so sales wise but I have no doubt Microsoft will do something if PS4 still shows to be the more popular because of the price.
Thema:

how are xbox one sales?

1. how are xbox one sales? - Similar Threads - are sales

2. Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again?: Does anybody know when the Xbox X will go on sale again? I just missed the $50 off that was going on leading up to Fathers Day. With the new consoles coming out in the winter, I would expect more...
  3. Why is the sales tax different between accounts on the same system?

in XboX Insiders
    Why is the sales tax different between accounts on the same system?: My husband and I both have xbox accounts, his account is under my 2nd email but he pays for gamepass, his account has cheaper sales tax, both emails were created in the same house, both xbox...
  4. I bought Yugioh on sale and want to watch it on my phone. I downloaded the movies anywhere...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought Yugioh on sale and want to watch it on my phone. I downloaded the movies anywhere...: I bought Yugioh on sale and want to watch it on my phone. I downloaded the movies anywhere app and it only shows a couple movies (not all) and no yugioh? Any help?...
  5. Wish we'd get the full list of discounted games & add-ons for the upcoming spring sale.

in XboX Insiders
    Wish we'd get the full list of discounted games & add-ons for the upcoming spring sale.: I hope the sneak preview ultimate members are getting isn't the entire sale because in my opinion it kinda sucks. You'd think people in the insider program would get to see the list early....
  6. Predict if Xbox Games will go on Sale?

in XboX Insiders
    Predict if Xbox Games will go on Sale?: Hey everyone! I'm new to xbox. I want to buy lots of games but it will be very expensive. Is there a platform that we can use to predict if and when certain games will go on sale? submitted by...
  7. Assassin's Creed Mirage Sale Error

in XBoX on Windows
    Assassin's Creed Mirage Sale Error: I was thinking about getting Assassins Creed Mirage yesterday night. It was 6 PM Pacific Standard Time, the sale was 30% off, and only $35. It showed that it was a "Just for You" sale. Below the...
  8. Any way I can get the sales per region for xbox consoles for a thesis project?

in XBoX on Windows
    Any way I can get the sales per region for xbox consoles for a thesis project?: I am at the beginning of a long, extensive thesis project for my doctorate degree. Excited to tie a 20+ year passion into such project, gaming, it would help my progress tremendously if I can...
  9. Elite layouts for sale on the Xbox store with the elite v3

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite layouts for sale on the Xbox store with the elite v3: I’ve been using the elite ever since it arrived but outside of the horse armor/ skins you’ve been leaving money on the table because I can’t upload my creations to be sold on the Xbox store and...
  10. If I buy the game (Dirt Rally 2.0, now on sale for 11.25 GBP) and stop EA Play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I buy the game (Dirt Rally 2.0, now on sale for 11.25 GBP) and stop EA Play...: while using EA Play subscription I downloaded Dirt Rally 2.0 for free, after that I bought many extra cars, tracks a.o. (with subscription discounts). What happens if I buy the game (Dirt Rally...