How are people able to hack your microsoft account just through knowing your email

Discus and support How are people able to hack your microsoft account just through knowing your email in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; There's a scam where the scammer tries to get you to tell them your email and it somehow ends up In you getting hacked... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ryker Thomas, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Ryker Thomas
    Ryker Thomas Guest

How are people able to hack your microsoft account just through knowing your email

There's a scam where the scammer tries to get you to tell them your email and it somehow ends up In you getting hacked

:)

Ryker Thomas, Jan 29, 2023
  2. Yoitsfloyd Win User

Cyber analysts here I don’t work for MS

They can’t really however they can PHISH for your code that is sent to your email and many people fall for it and it up losing there accounts permanently here is how people do it more info:

Brute forcing the email through common used passwords

Data breaches: you ever signed for something years ago and the website has a data breach? your password is exposed and hackers try it everywhere to see if they can get into anything.

No 2fa: it’s not perfect but it can infuriate hackers into moving on to an account that doesn’t have it, and they try to brute force the password.

Sim swapping: I question Microsoft 2fa security about how insecure it is to have a phone number on it when it code is sent to phone it’s not encrypted therefore someone from miles away can intercept your code and put it in. That’s why you use 2 emails that have high tier security.

Rambler.ru and Mcmfa take overs

This is a big thing right now happening with many Microsoft accounts and Microsoft unfortunately won’t help on these situations.

There is an underground forum that is sending workers to steal Microsoft accounts regardless of any 2fa accounts

this only happens when the victim is tricked or promised something games affected by this but not limited to Minecraft, genshin, Roblox, valor ant and other high demand games the malware that is used is;

Bloody stealer and titan stealer

This malware can instantly can change your normal email domain to a rambler.ru making it useless to recover your account at all.

I know this is long if you have any question let me know
  3. XBF Esteban R Win User

Preciso entrar na minha conta Xbox porém o email foi excluído [Translation-I need to sign in to my Xbox account but the email has been deleted]

Hey there Eric,

You should still be able to access your account, even if the email no longer exists.

You just might have to go through a little more of a process.

I would recommend trying to access your account via account.microsoft.com, and then seeing if you can change your primary email following the steps here on

How to change the email address associated with your Microsoft account.

If your email was deleted by the publisher, then another thing you can do is try to recreate the email by going to that domain, and making a new email with the same address.

Give those steps a try and let us know how this information helps

Thanks!
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Account got hacked and Microsoft says contact ISP

Hello OwenXJ,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We're sorry to hear that your account got hacked and you're having trouble recovering it. We know how important it is for you to access this account as it keeps all your games and progress for years. Just to set your expectations, your Microsoft account is managed by a fully automated server and we don't have manual access to it. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. We are committed to protecting your personal information, and the careful account recovery process is designed to protect you from potential malicious activity. Please allow me to do the best I can to help you recover your account.

It's possible that your Microsoft account is linked to your ISP email address, which is why you were directing to contact your ISP for assistance. Your ISP may be able to help you recover your email account, which in turn will help you recover your Microsoft account. However, to ensure we can assist you, we would like to know who have provide you with this information:

Unfortunately, we are not able to assist you with your request. Your Microsoft account appears to be provided by an Internet Service Provider (ISP). Please contact your ISP to assist you with your account recovery.

Before we suggest contacting your ISP's customer support team and explaining the situation to them. May we know if you can access to your email account, accessing your account should be the first step for you to reset your Microsoft account password and regain access to your account.

Security information such as alternate contact email address or phone number is relevant in recovering the account, without security information you will have slim chance of recovering the account. To ensure that you can recover your hacked account. We can only suggest that you click the link below and read the information on the website. Your hacked or compromised Microsoft account can only be recovered in this manner.

Link: How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Account recovery is in your hands, we hope you will be able to access it back.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Kathy A. Win User

My account was stolen

Hello Zachweb,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I know how critical it is for you to be able to access your account as it has been hacked and stolen from you. Just to set your expectations, the Microsoft account is managed by a fully automated server, and we don't have manual access to it. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously. We are committed to protecting your personal information, and the careful account recovery process is designed to protect you from possible malicious activity.

An account secured with two-step verification should not be accessed by the hacker. Unless the hacker knows the code/s from your security information that is sent real time.

You may try the only recovery we have for hacked account - sign in helper tool. This can be accessed through this link: How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account - Microsoft Support.

We can suggest you try that and reach out to our live support through that page too. Your hacked or compromised Microsoft account can only be recovered in this manner.

We encourage you to strengthen the access to your devices and regularly change/update your password for the accounts.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

I don't know if im unpantient or Microsoft is just greedy.

If you already created another Microsoft account with the same email as the hacked Microsoft account, the hacked account will not be able to be recovered. You can try to use the recovery form but it will find your new account with the email address, not the old account. I'm really sorry about this, my friend.
Thema:

1. How are people able to hack your microsoft account just through knowing your email - Similar Threads - are able hack

2. Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game tag since bc is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game tag since bc is...: Im not able to login on the x box or Microsoft.Com i e been hacked, my game Name since the start is Xaywer, dont get it....... Pls tips 0fc9e936-32dd-42f6-83ee-579d1c03e71e
  3. Not able to see all friends

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not able to see all friends: On my profile it says I have 7 following but I only follow 5 people and it won’t let me see the other 2 people that I apparently follow. Any fix of this would be great...
  4. How do I use a second wireless controller on my xbox one for my 6 yr old twins to be able...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I use a second wireless controller on my xbox one for my 6 yr old twins to be able...: My boys are trying to play 2 player on Paw Patrol World on Game Pass. I got a new controller so that they could do this but cant figure out how to get the second co troller off of player one...
  5. Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x: I want to be able to hook my Xbox series up to the 2 monitors and watch as I kick a ball on screen 1 and it'll appear on screen 2.. I don't want to duplicate/mirror the same image....
  6. We have two xboxes in our home and want to be able to play online with the kids at the same...

in XBoX Accessibility
    We have two xboxes in our home and want to be able to play online with the kids at the same...: We have two Xboxes in our home and only one gold subscription. is there a way that my kids can play on one of the consoles while i play on the other on the same online game at the same time? i am...
  7. My account has been hacked and deleted. When i try do recover I am not able to because I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account has been hacked and deleted. When i try do recover I am not able to because I...: When I tried to sign in it didn't work. Then when I checked my Gmail it said "Your security info was deleted." c6dbde92-2f85-4249-b5a5-1a733d55c430
  8. am i able to get my microsoft account back after it has been hacked and my email address...

in XBoX Accessibility
    am i able to get my microsoft account back after it has been hacked and my email address...: My gmail was used without my knowledge by a random person who switched my microsoft account email and password, i have no way of getting into the account anymore, anytime i try to use my email...
  9. I got my xbox account hacked by a rumbler.ru account and i wasnt able to recover it

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got my xbox account hacked by a rumbler.ru account and i wasnt able to recover it: I had gone through many attempts and still wasnt able to i need some extra help as this is an account ive had for years a514ea89-752b-4a77-ab77-02bf12834209
  10. My Minecraft account was hacked. I was able to recover my password but it takes me to a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft account was hacked. I was able to recover my password but it takes me to a...: It says I was offline for 7 hours, But I don't usually play at 5-6 AM. I am able to log in with the "recovered" user which is not the one I use to play with. Everyone keeps saying to change your...