How are PC-focused requests supposed to be seen on the weekly request posts?

Discus and support How are PC-focused requests supposed to be seen on the weekly request posts? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So, I'm someone who's backlogged a year of PC gamepass through Bing's reward point program. I found my way here through an errant link in the Xbox... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Dinjoralo, Oct 22, 2022.

1. /u/Dinjoralo
    /u/Dinjoralo Guest

So, I'm someone who's backlogged a year of PC gamepass through Bing's reward point program. I found my way here through an errant link in the Xbox Insider hub and have been observing things between the occasional posts I make. And after a few months, I don't understand how any feedback about the PC side is supposed to be seen here.

Going by the list of highlighted requests since the weekly threads began in April (https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/xboxrequests/), there has never been a single feature request for any aspect of Xbox's PC service in the top three highlighted. Granted, there have never been many requests for the PC services made. But why do feature requests for two very different platforms, presumably handled by different teams, have to compete for air? Assuming the process of choosing highlighted requests is just picking the three with the most upvotes, how is a PC request supposed to be seen when the majority of Xbox users are on console? Why should a request for the PC service being at the top come at expense of a console service request not being seen?

Obviously, there is basically nobody else on this subreddit enduring the Xbox PC experience. I count about four other people, tops. Nobody engages with the PC insider update posts, which aren't even flaired correctly, and there are scant few user posts with the PC Gaming flair. It makes sense that Xbox naturally has a much larger audience on consoles, and there's nothing leading PC users into here besides an icon in an app that PC users aren't given incentive to look at more than once. The only place PC users are told to go is the Feedback Hub, where feedback goes to die unless it's about something causing bluescreens. That then begs the question of why the PC side of things is even mentioned here. Is feedback about the PC service meant to be for console users that treat it as a companion to their console, and don't actively play games on it? Why are there sporadic posts by developers asking for feedback on the PC service here, and not in the one communication channel PC Xbox users are funneled to?

The only reason I'm here at all is because every single other avenue of providing feedback on the xbox PC service feels like I'm just shouting into a black hole. The only other options besides the Feedback Fub are faceless forms that I've filled out plenty and have never seen any response to. This basically feels like the only vector where maybe, a developer might see what I say and possibly even reply. And on the surface, putting requests here seems like it might be the best answer, but it's obvious at closer inspection that it's just another black hole for me to fruitlessly shout into while the big headlining feature updates are random junk that I can guarantee nobody asked for.

Just let me fricking remote play games from my PC to another device already. C'mon. That's been a thing on Xbox consoles for ages, am I not supposed to expect feature parity between platforms with the same name?

submitted by /u/Dinjoralo
    [link] [comments]

/u/Dinjoralo, Oct 22, 2022
  2. SmashinMuffinz-[xbox Win User

Is cosmic rescue just a scam?

Oh I'd also like to ad, the last year of weekly sets has not had a single preorder request in any set. I've done almost all of them or have come close and not seen a preorder for completion on a weekly set
  3. schnurren Win User

Xbox one series X Frame Interpolation

Hello N4ILGUN,

For that request, please post in this reddit thread : https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas

The developers take a look in a weekly basis, so that is the good place all this suggestions and requests should go.

Hope they take your request into account and gets in the console soon!
  4. blueamcat Win User

xbox one updates

5. XBF Zineb F Win User

Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass

It would be best to reach out or post on the developer of the game's page for your request to be seen.
  6. Ryan Alley Win User

How to get in to contact with Xbox support about refund issues when Xbox support didn’t send me an email?

Microsoft support told me that I was already supposed to receive one as soon as the request denied and I even waited until today and still nothing, so how am I supposed to get into contact with Xbox support about this if I can’t redo the refund request and am not receiving an email I was already supposed to have?
Thema:

1. How are PC-focused requests supposed to be seen on the weekly request posts? - Similar Threads - are focused requests

2. XBOX Play your way - should Xbox shift their focus

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Play your way - should Xbox shift their focus: Should Xbox’s mid generational focus should be on user customisability and flexibility with their focus on being able to take your library cross gen with full library cloud streaming and being on...
  3. XBOX Controller issues when app in not "on focus"

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Controller issues when app in not "on focus": Hi, Did someone find solution for issue described in that article - it is really enoying :( I'm using "Mjoy control panel" as well as a "Fergo JoystickMIDI" and issue is the same. So it is not...
  4. Can I connect a poly focus 2 on an Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I connect a poly focus 2 on an Xbox One: It's not a series S or X it's just an Xbox One S. I got this headset for Christmas and it's not connecting with my Xbox. Like I got it to connect with my phone and laptop, but can I connect it to...
  5. Can Microsoft Focus on Xbox rewards giving Customers a real answer about the Points Nerfing...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can Microsoft Focus on Xbox rewards giving Customers a real answer about the Points Nerfing...: For the Last 6 Months Xbox Rewards has been reduced and Nerfed constantly. Bonuses gone ,Cuts,Reductions Everything. No Comment or Response from Microsoft Rewards. Almost Every Gaming site has...
  6. Tanking Frames while Xbox or Insider is in Focus - Windows 10

in XboX Insiders
    Tanking Frames while Xbox or Insider is in Focus - Windows 10: Currently running windows 10 pro 19045.3208 on a 9900k/3080/32GB RAM and an Acer Predator XB271HU running G-Sync and I am having my framerate on desktop, with nothing significant running, tank...
  7. Why Game Developer focus on Mobile?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Game Developer focus on Mobile?: [img] The mobile market is growing so rapidly, while the development costs are typically much lower than they are for console or PC games. Professional game development is a business based on...
  8. Focus issue when relaunching the UWP app from installed apps.

in XBoX on Windows
    Focus issue when relaunching the UWP app from installed apps.: Hi I'm trying to develop an UWP app for XBOX using the Webview. But I'm currently facing an issue when i relaunch the application from the Games and Apps tab. Issue: When I launch the app from...
  9. Forza Horizon 5 (PC) closes after focusing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 (PC) closes after focusing: Ive been trying to play Forza for the past few weeks and at first i was getting an issue where my cloud save wouldnt sync, after some troubleshooting and patience i was able to fix that and get...
  10. Microsoft Store Updates Nothing. Focus Gaming Services and XIP for GP

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store Updates Nothing. Focus Gaming Services and XIP for GP: Hey. Have spent the last couple of weeks attempting to use all forms of troubleshooting I've seen around the web to get this issue fixed so I can play games on PC Xbox App with Gamepass. This is...