How am I supposed to find details about why I received a communication ban? It was for an...

Discus and support How am I supposed to find details about why I received a communication ban? It was for an... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Nothing on the enforcement website gives me any details on what exactly in my post warranted the ban. There is no option for an appeal or anything,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by IAmTheGodkiller, May 11, 2023.

1. How am I supposed to find details about why I received a communication ban? It was for an...

Nothing on the enforcement website gives me any details on what exactly in my post warranted the ban. There is no option for an appeal or anything, nobody in customer support can help me, and i don't have any idea what else I could do besides post here.

The only thing in the post that might be considered "offensive" is that I start it off with saying "Gay girl host" to keep away bigots and guys trying to hit on me, which I had to deal with constantly before making that change to my posts.

If that is the case, I would like to know so that I'm not getting randomly comms banned right before 2 days off I planned to spend gaming, and tbh I think it's kind of ridiculous that I CAN get banned, without warning, just for saying I'm gay.

Like I said, I don't know what else to do. I feel like I'm being punished despite not doing anything wrong and there's nothing I can do to even find out why, much less have it fixed.

:)

IAmTheGodkiller, May 11, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

How am I supposed to find details about why I received a communication ban? It was for an LFG post I've been using slight variations of for a long time.

Hi there!

I am sorry to hear about what happened. This is clearly not the situation I want you to be in. I know how frustrating that must be and I would feel the same way if I were on your situation. Please be advised that Xbox Enforcement actions or suspensions are being handled only by the Xbox Enforcement Team who work offline. We can only reach them out if we report a player or file an appeal. Here in community and even Microsoft Support won't be able to assist us regarding Xbox suspensions. We do not have access to any details in regard to your suspension due to confidentiality. As much as we would love to help, we can only do so much about it.

I advise you instead to refer to the email they’ve sent you for details.

Learn more about Enforcement action FAQ here https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-saf...

If you have feedback on Xbox, please share it on http://feedback.xbox.com/
  3. Rostom L Win User

How am I supposed to find details about why I received a communication ban? It was for an LFG post I've been using slight variations of for a long time.

I understand your point there. I cannot really say about your case because I am not in the position to tell you about it.

You may instead review the Xbox Community Standards for more details especially on the section “IV. Keep your content clean” where it matters how people interpret your content.
    - https://www.xbox.com/legal/community-standards#iv
  4. IAmTheGodkiller Win User

While I appreciate the response, this is my last resort and it's incredibly disappointing that it's still leading to nothing.

The email I was sent was cookie cutter and had no specific information regarding my ban, only a link to the enforcement website. The only info given on the site regarding the ban ("Details" is the post I was banned for):

Reason for Action: This account violated community standards and was subjected to enforcement action.

Impact: While the current suspension remains active, this account cannot communicate with others, join multiplayer games, or upload media to the Xbox Network.

Details: Read the post •Gay girl host 800+wins •No Build No Kids •Stick w team, use comms & pings •Say you read post for inv

No information on what part of the post "violated community standards", but I have to assume it was the part where I said I'm gay.

But I'm not being told one way or the other, and there doesn't seem to be any way to get in touch with anyone who can even just give me any info about it. If I am being banned for saying I'm gay, then why is it not on the list of banned words, and why not let me know so I'm not posting it and getting banned again in the future?

I try my best to be a good, kind person, even online, and it feels wrong to be getting punished for attempting to avoid the exact kind of people that actually deserve it.
  5. LimeLemon31 Win User

Console Ban

Just curious, how did you find out all the details about your ban? No one at support can seem to tell me anything at all about why my son can't communicate with his friends. They keep guessing it may be a ban, but have no detail. And the enforcement page
    says he has a perfect record with no bans listed.
  6. JECONAH100 Win User

How can I get unbanned and why was I banned?

Yea I already checked that it doesn’t say the details on to why I was banned and they denied my ban request so what am I suppose to do and why’d they ban me instead of a suspension
Thema:

How am I supposed to find details about why I received a communication ban? It was for an...

1. How am I supposed to find details about why I received a communication ban? It was for an... - Similar Threads - supposed find details

2. I just bought a controller and it is supposed to be able to get the combatability tobe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a controller and it is supposed to be able to get the combatability tobe...: This controller iss supposed to be able too work on. All. Consoles but I can't seem to get it to. Itis anintendo switch 321529b7-3fa0-4ab5-8608-80077ac2daab
  3. My suspension was supposed to lift today at 4:22 but it didn't restarted my console...

in XBoX on Windows
    My suspension was supposed to lift today at 4:22 but it didn't restarted my console...: My suspension was supposed to lift today at 4:22 but it still isn't working I have unplugged my console also restarted it can someone sort it out or help me im desperate really....
  4. Expired warranty before it was supposed to expire

in XBoX on Consoles
    Expired warranty before it was supposed to expire: I bought the Elite 2 controller by microsoft store on September 26, 2022 and should therefore have a warranty until September 26, 2024. This was now terminated on February 17, 2024, within the...
  5. Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the interface that comes up when transferring clips to an external hard drive supposed...: When I go to transfer clips to an external drive, it will function for a while and then will all of a sudden close without any indication of it continuing the process. is this supposed too happen...
  6. Why is my communication ban not lifted a week after it was supposed to end

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my communication ban not lifted a week after it was supposed to end: I got banned on january 9 until the 24 from communication and a week later i still cant start a party or join any along with not being able to add people on certain games and voice chat being...
  7. Wh what is the email address of the gentleman of Microsoft I am supposed to email about...

in XBoX on Windows
    Wh what is the email address of the gentleman of Microsoft I am supposed to email about...: When I put in the code for the gift card it told me could not find code or code cannot be found 8bf70964-4a5e-4da6-9cdb-207921cb8d3f
  8. Is Minecraft and Fortnite supposed to be eating up 100% of my i5-11400f and still run on 50...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Minecraft and Fortnite supposed to be eating up 100% of my i5-11400f and still run on 50...: I'm pretty sure i just started having problems with my CPU performance a few weeks ago. Whenever i started up more CPU intensive games like Fortnite or Minecraft, my FPS just tops out at roughly...
  9. What am I supposed to do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What am I supposed to do?: Hi, I've been wanting to redeem a reward but I can'tcause I need a phone number to do so...but the problemis, is that I don't have a number. I cant afford service and therefore don't have a phone...
  10. Is it supposed to take 15 hours to install Grand theft Auto on Xbox s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it supposed to take 15 hours to install Grand theft Auto on Xbox s: Is it supposed to take 15 hours to install Grand theft Auto on Xbox s and do I have to delete everything to make enough space for one simple game 1936c148-70dc-4a5c-b19c-0b52b4af8742