hotmail address associated with old xbox gamertag was removed from old microsoft account....

Discus and support hotmail address associated with old xbox gamertag was removed from old microsoft account.... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I haven't played on my old xbox gamertag for years, but thought to sign into it to try out Halo infinite. I wanted to remove my old hotmail address... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by C_L_M, Dec 28, 2021.

1. C_L_M
    C_L_M Guest

hotmail address associated with old xbox gamertag was removed from old microsoft account....

I haven't played on my old xbox gamertag for years, but thought to sign into it to try out Halo infinite. I wanted to remove my old hotmail address from the microsoft account associated with my gamertag's microsoft account, so i added my current gmail address as the primary email for the MS account, and removed my old hotmail address.
    The issue is, when i sign into microsoft with my gmail account, it's not the same account as the one associated with my gamertag. When i go to to https://www.xbox.com/ and sign in with my gmail, it's a brand new gamertag with 1 halo infinite achievement unlocked, which is from me playing on that auto-generated account before realising it wasn't my old gamertag.

Now if i try to sign into the old hotmail address it says it doesn't exist, but if i try to create a new hotmail address with that same name, it says it already exists.

I don't actually care about the hotmail account; i just want my gamertag / xbox account. Is this something microsoft / xbox support will be able to sort out? I assume my mobile number is still associated with that account, since it wasn't changed.

:)

C_L_M, Dec 28, 2021
  2. C_L_M Win User

hotmail address associated with old xbox gamertag was removed from old microsoft account. Need help recovering gamertag.

I signed into the gamertag/xbox account earlier today, realised it was linked to an old hotmail address, and was trying to change the associated MS account's email from that hotmail address to my gmail address.
  3. Georges C. Win User

hotmail address associated with old xbox gamertag was removed from old microsoft account. Need help recovering gamertag.

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello C_L_M, by your description you added a new Alias to your account, but it was not necessary to delete the old one just leave it as secondary and not delete from your account.

When the Gamertag cannot catch the same Gamertag it had before, if you want it it will come with the suffixes: exemple (#66642)
  4. Farscape247 Win User

if you have not used the account for years, how many exactly as the xbox account may have been closed.
  5. dizZzanE Win User

Incorrect email address

the actual email address associate with my gamertag , the one i use to sign into hotmail and recover my gamertag with is [REMOVED - DO NOT POST EMAIL OR MICROSOFT ACCOUNT]
  6. redtropper82 Win User

Want to change email on this gamertag, but it's associated with another gamertag?

Say I want to use Gamertag B and Microsoft account 2 but wanted to keep all the stuff associated with Gamertag A, i.e. gamerscore, downloads, purchases , ect. How could I do that. Kinda same situation got a Nokia Lumia 635 and it gave me a new outlook email
    address and gamertag. old email was hotmail and old gamertag didnt like it.
Thema:

1. hotmail address associated with old xbox gamertag was removed from old microsoft account.... - Similar Threads - hotmail address associated

2. Trying to access my minecraft account with old hotmail account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to access my minecraft account with old hotmail account: Dear support team, I am trying to access my minecraft account, but now they made it microsoft log in or something. Anyway, my email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen...
  3. When i try to sign in with gmail it takes me to my old hotmail that i dont use for gamepass

in XBoX Accessibility
    When i try to sign in with gmail it takes me to my old hotmail that i dont use for gamepass: Hi i recently changed my pc and when i was setting it up it merged my Gmail and Hotmail and now i can't access my main game pass account and it takes me to my 2018 game pass account which I don't...
  4. Lost Hotmail Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost Hotmail Account: Heya. I lost my Hotmail account linked to my xbox account like three years ago, and have put in like 20 recoveries trying to reobtain it but none have gone through. I've been getting a strong urge...
  5. Locked out of hotmail, help? Tried requesting through microsoft, did not verify

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Locked out of hotmail, help? Tried requesting through microsoft, did not verify: I am locked out of hotmail, my son tried to reset the xbox and I got kicked out of email. I cannot reset password as it has a non existing email address to send to and the phone number I have on...
  6. Locked out of Hotmail and, as a result, out of xbox. All recovery options lead to dead ends

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked out of Hotmail and, as a result, out of xbox. All recovery options lead to dead ends: I have a hotmail account that has been in use since the mid 90's. This is tied into a 13 year old xbox account with an untold amount of purchased content. I had an issue a few months back that...
  7. How do I recover my Hotmail and Microsoft accounts when the email address alias got deleted...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover my Hotmail and Microsoft accounts when the email address alias got deleted...: My son's email account was linked to my Microsoft/Hotmail account. He somehow deleted my alias from the account and it has made my Hotmail account disappear with it. So not only do I not have the...
  8. microsoft killed my hotmail email address.how can i recover an account without my email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    microsoft killed my hotmail email address.how can i recover an account without my email address: Hello peeps. last wednesday i opend outlook to check my 20 year old hotmail address inbox. i was greeted with the varifie your account.once compleated i was told this could take upto 24...
  9. I changed my hotmail email address for my alias, and now It won't let me get it back

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my hotmail email address for my alias, and now It won't let me get it back: I changed my hotmail email address for my alias, and now It won't let me get it back as it either says it doesn't exist, or this account already exist. First it says it exists [mod removed -...
  10. Is there anyway of recovering an very old email address (hotmail)/Xbox Live account without...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway of recovering an very old email address (hotmail)/Xbox Live account without...: So I recently bought an Xbox 360 just because I wanted to enjoy playing the old games. I signed in with my current account and noticed that I hardly have any achievements and that they're all on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you recover an old hotmail account for xbox live