Hostname case locked

Discus and support Hostname case locked in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can't seem to have my Xbox One hostname in lowercase anymore. It's not big issue, it stands out in my DNS list which is quite annoying. Were there any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zac Madden, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Zac Madden
    Zac Madden Guest

Hostname case locked

Can't seem to have my Xbox One hostname in lowercase anymore. It's not big issue, it stands out in my DNS list which is quite annoying.

Were there any changes to this in a recent update?

:)

Zac Madden, Oct 17, 2017
  2. peequi
    peequi Guest
    "Add Guest" skips guest #1

On Xbox one, either during a game or dashboard, when the 2nd controller signs in as a guest, the profile is hostname(2), not hostname (1). If I use a 3rd controller it goes to hostname(3).

How can I get a controller to sign in as the first guest, hostname(1)?

The reason why it matters is we are trying to continue a game.

peequi, Oct 17, 2017
  3. jmcode
    jmcode Guest
    Strange Networking..

1) The IP addresses OP posted are private class (non-routable) IPs, so there are no privacy or security concerns with posting those. I would not post the full MAC address, but it is not a major issue either.

2) Your phone is likely seeing the Xbox hostname because your Xbox is connected to it through the PC, which is acting as a bridge. It is showing your PC's MAC address with your Xbox hostname due to the way the bridging is being done (it is not a transparent
    bridge).

IOW, normal and expected with your setup, which BTW is not ideal for gaming as I'm sure you know.

jmcode, Oct 17, 2017
  4. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest

Hostname case locked

Hey AlmightyZacPac! If you would like to see a change to the hostname display, you will need to submit that
    here. Thanks!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Cizl, Oct 18, 2017
  5. Mister Cizl Win User

Hostname case locked

Hey AlmightyZacPac! If you would like to see a change to the hostname display, you will need to submit that
    here. Thanks!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  6. iHaveHobbitFeet Win User

Changing NAT type from Moderate to Open

In the settings for the Pace Gateway you will want to put the dlink into DMZ+ mode from the pace gateway. Should be Settings>Firewall>Apllications,Pinholes,and DMZ.

from there you should have an option where it has you select which device that you want to set a firewall rule for.

( NOTE: this will be by device name/ Hostname of the device.which sometimes might be something like 'UnknownCE774' or something similar... This is if the gateway cannot detect a hostname. So it replaces it with a hostname of unknown<device mac address>)

So choose whichever that device is for you and the you should have a 'bubble' that you can select which says 'Allow all applications (DMZ+).

Then hit save.

This will essentially bypass all the traffic going to your dlink from hitting the Pace Gateways firewall.

From their on your dlink you would just set up whatever settings you need in the dlink such as port forwarding or UpNp
  7. jmcode Win User

Strange Networking..

1) The IP addresses OP posted are private class (non-routable) IPs, so there are no privacy or security concerns with posting those. I would not post the full MAC address, but it is not a major issue either.

2) Your phone is likely seeing the Xbox hostname because your Xbox is connected to it through the PC, which is acting as a bridge. It is showing your PC's MAC address with your Xbox hostname due to the way the bridging is being done (it is not a transparent
    bridge).

IOW, normal and expected with your setup, which BTW is not ideal for gaming as I'm sure you know.
  8. tupawk Win User

Error 80072741 since xbox update

T0byTheTerr1ble - Thanks that worked for me as well! What is the hostname that needs to resolve properly for the marketplace to work? Would like to be able to test this out further and report the issue with ATT.

Can't believe it is a stupid dns update error. Anyway thanks again!!
  9. peequi Win User

"Add Guest" skips guest #1

Heya!

If you sign out of all accounts,
    power cycle the console
    , and then try to sign back in do you see the same thing happen?

To be sure we understand is this happening with a specific game? Which games are you running into issues with?

Post back and let us know!
    Power cycling the console worked, thank you.

For those who find this in the future,

Simply turn on Xbox, then using the actual Xbox power button, hold it down for 10 seconds. Then turn Xbox back on, anyway you like. Then try signing in a guest. For me it automatically went to hostname(1) instead of skipping it and going to hostname(2).
Thema:

Hostname case locked

1. Hostname case locked - Similar Threads - Hostname case locked

2. Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke: Microphone plastic casing broke and I have seen an insane amount of people with the same issue. Is microsoft doing anything about this? I tried going through the site for warranty but it says my...
  3. Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?: I was playing Siege and got invited to a party by my team. I did not respond due to my 9 month old son being asleep and not wanting to talk. Skip forward and we lost a round and I received 15...
  4. Persistent Notifications Regarding Old Refund Cases

in XBoX on Windows
    Persistent Notifications Regarding Old Refund Cases: I am deeply concerned about the relentless barrage of notifications flooding my inbox regarding old refund cases that have already been resolved. Despite my repeated requests to cease these...
  5. Xbox Wireless Headset Microphone Casing Damaged

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset Microphone Casing Damaged: I was gifted the Xbox Wireless Headset as a gift for Christmas 2023. Only about a month after the gift, I'm plugging in my headset and feel a piece of plastic in my hand. I look down and a...
  6. How do I reply in CDOC Case Management?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I reply in CDOC Case Management?: Hello, So I got an email from CDOC Case Management about my account and they asked me to confirm if I have access to some emails, I replied to the email because there is no other way or link to...
  7. My cousin got me suspened and I want to get unsuspected and I already put a case review in...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My cousin got me suspened and I want to get unsuspected and I already put a case review in...: I just want to get un suspened 864e3ad9-3f79-4de8-99fa-4d9c66a980e1
  8. How to file a case review

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to file a case review: Hey I was suspended today because of my gamerpic leaving me at 8/8 strikes I feel like the series of suspensions I received were injust bias and overall unfair someone please help me how do I...
  9. How to I raise a case ? As all correspondence with a real person never work seems to push...

in XBoX on Windows
    How to I raise a case ? As all correspondence with a real person never work seems to push...: Having an issue with retaining a case number or ID 34d157a1-e874-4c10-857b-2667699fd930
  10. Elite Controller case not returned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller case not returned: I returned an Xbox Elite Controller for repair without any accessories but in the case provided as the original packaging is designed to hold this and the controller. I received it back bubble...