Horrible sidebar menu with the latest 2017 Console Update

Discus and support Horrible sidebar menu with the latest 2017 Console Update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The new 2017 dashboard is atrocious and makes the side bar difficult to use I'm not really sure what you guys were thinking with this new console... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XxSAVAG3CHICKxX, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Horrible sidebar menu with the latest 2017 Console Update

The new 2017 dashboard is atrocious and makes the side bar difficult to use
    I'm not really sure what you guys were thinking with this new console update. The appearance of the home screen may look sleeker and work better for people who don't really use their sidebar but let's be realistic here...i think the minority of the Xbox
    user's game online and the new update completely ruined the easy access to the side bar menu! Not only is it more difficult and time consuming for myself to use but it also made it way more difficult for the youngsters to access. So as I don't mind that the
    side bar is gone from my home screen I do think that when you hit the Xbox button on the controller it should pull up the side bar exactly the way it used to be...now I can't just scroll down to my friends list to see who's online I actually have to click
    the link for it to even pull anyone's gamertags up...the new feature is atrocious when it comes to the changes made to the side bar. You guys could at least make it so that your buyers have an option of what they would like their home screen to look like.
    Some people may like this new update but I personally think it was a really bad idea and we should be given the option to change it back or at least have the old sidebar pop up when hitting the Xbox button.

:)

XxSAVAG3CHICKxX, Oct 19, 2017
  2. DarkMoofey
    DarkMoofey Guest
    Receiving this error code 0x80070102.

So far, the only solution seems to be to do a factory reset of your console.

Before doing this, I would suggest doing a power cycle of your console first. Shut down your console by holding the power button for 10 seconds, then unplug your console. Wait five minutes, plug your console in again, turn it on, and try accessing the sidebar
    again.

If this doesn't work and you need to resort to a factory reset, you can do so from the settings menu by selecting "System," then "Console info and updates," then "Restore factory defaults." Note that this will erase all data on the console and that any saves
    not synced to the cloud will be lost.

Since settings under the NXOE is on the sidebar, I would also suggest you try signing out of your account and seeing if it works then. I also believe you can still access settings via the menu button on the controller. If all else fails, you can use the
    Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool, which you can load into a USB stick from
    here.

If you find yourself unable to access the settings menu because you cannot access the sidebar. (Try signing out of your account as what I've found is that this issue is account related. I also believe you can still access settings from the menu button on
    the controller)

DarkMoofey, Oct 19, 2017
  3. Xbox One Elite Controller connection issue

Have you updated your controller's software? If you haven't connect your controller with the USB cable, press Menu on your controller (or go to the quick sidebar) and select Settings. Go to the System sub-menu. Select Controller Update. It will take a
    couple of minutes and then this should solve your problem. Please let me know if you still have the problems afterwards.

Kung Fu Spoon, Oct 19, 2017
  4. Horrible sidebar menu with the latest 2017 Console Update

Unable to respond to post because they are locked. That's ok cause I canceled my account because of the Dashboard changes.

RocketBallz59, Oct 20, 2017
  5. RocketBallz59 Win User

Unable to respond to post because they are locked. That's ok cause I canceled my account because of the Dashboard changes.
  6. Matt Catarnichi Win User

Did the update do this??

Same issue on the X1X console. The dashboard doesnt show up and is just a black screen. Wont boot games up from home button sidebar menu, just says something like "update needed but cant update now" for all games.
  7. DarkMoofey Win User

Receiving this error code 0x80070102.

So far, the only solution seems to be to do a factory reset of your console.

Before doing this, I would suggest doing a power cycle of your console first. Shut down your console by holding the power button for 10 seconds, then unplug your console. Wait five minutes, plug your console in again, turn it on, and try accessing the sidebar
    again.

If this doesn't work and you need to resort to a factory reset, you can do so from the settings menu by selecting "System," then "Console info and updates," then "Restore factory defaults." Note that this will erase all data on the console and that any saves
    not synced to the cloud will be lost.

Since settings under the NXOE is on the sidebar, I would also suggest you try signing out of your account and seeing if it works then. I also believe you can still access settings via the menu button on the controller. If all else fails, you can use the
    Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool, which you can load into a USB stick from
    here.

If you find yourself unable to access the settings menu because you cannot access the sidebar. (Try signing out of your account as what I've found is that this issue is account related. I also believe you can still access settings from the menu button on
    the controller)
  8. Kung Fu Spoon Win User

Xbox One Elite Controller connection issue

Have you updated your controller's software? If you haven't connect your controller with the USB cable, press Menu on your controller (or go to the quick sidebar) and select Settings. Go to the System sub-menu. Select Controller Update. It will take a
    couple of minutes and then this should solve your problem. Please let me know if you still have the problems afterwards.
  9. GiulianBu78 Win User

Frame Rate Issue

Microsoft stop it to fool us, the problem is the latest update, go to the games shots with the modem disconnected from the console, what a genius to understand the problem? just go back to the previous update !! I spent 70 € for pes 2017 and I want to play
    Jesus Christ!!!!
Thema:

1. Horrible sidebar menu with the latest 2017 Console Update - Similar Threads - Horrible sidebar menu

2. Xbox lagging horribly nothing works

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox lagging horribly nothing works: Has anyone else been dealing with this ? Restarting doesn’t work and my boyfriend is having the issues with his , it’s becoming impossible to play games submitted by /u/JeromeBigCock [link]...
  3. Detailed Network Statistics rapidly changing causing horrible lag, never consistent, any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Detailed Network Statistics rapidly changing causing horrible lag, never consistent, any...: My network speed and statistics are rapidly changing, I can’t get consistent results. I test it several times in a row and it never stays the same. One minute it’s great, the next minute it’s...
  4. WiFi speeds are horrible when gaming but great for everything else on my new PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    WiFi speeds are horrible when gaming but great for everything else on my new PC: Hi all, I hope anyone can help me resolve my issue. I just built my own PC with a MSI PRO Z790-P WiFi MotherBoard with a high level GPU and CPU. Hardware is not the issue here. I am able to...
  5. Horrible xbox family settings menu and website

in XboX Insiders
    Horrible xbox family settings menu and website: Why is it so hard to log in and change my kids settings on xbox family??!! Google and Microsoft give me sooooooooooo many options that lead to nowhere! Crapiest not user friendly menu ever! All I...
  6. Xbox Gamebar recordings have a horrible 'buzzing' sound.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Gamebar recordings have a horrible 'buzzing' sound.: Hiya, whenever I use the recording features of Xbox Game Bar within games, a loud buzzing sound is recorded. This doesn't occur with non-Steam games, as far as I know. I've seen other threads from...
  7. Xbox New Dashboard = horrible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox New Dashboard = horrible: Does anyone know if there is going to be an option to remove the junk tiles/feeds from the new Xbox Series S dashboard? I had all of my games grouped, categorised and sorted but this new update...
  8. The new Xbox menu is horrible to navigate and he’s missing several key factors that...

in XBoX Accessibility
    The new Xbox menu is horrible to navigate and he’s missing several key factors that...: Why does your new menu have to be so hard to navigate hiding all the necessities to where we can’t find them easily your old menu worked just fine. This new menu is straight garbage. Where is game...
  9. my audio in sea of thieves sounds horrible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my audio in sea of thieves sounds horrible: every time I open sea of thieves the audio will start off sounding normal but a few seconds later it will cut out for about five seconds, but when it comes back it 0sound all crackly and bad and...
  10. Another horrible XBOX enforcement.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Another horrible XBOX enforcement.: my friend got suspended by saying "L Bozo".. worse than roblox moderation. 4fe9768f-7b25-48b6-9f9b-66aaa37fbf96