Horrible Dashboard Update !!!!! Fix Now !!!!

Discus and support Horrible Dashboard Update !!!!! Fix Now !!!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Crappy doesn't describe this ( is there a worst word for it? ) the interface totally sucks you can not find what you want. it removes all of your own... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by halomw2, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Blu Zanth
    Blu Zanth Guest

Crappy doesn't describe this ( is there a worst word for it? ) the interface totally sucks you can not find what you want. it removes all of your own personalization that you did to make it look good. Gives you only what they want you to see. the home page
    that had my wallpaper on it gone and stuck with a grey background until you go thru every left button and right button 5 times before it shows up ( at least on mine. ) I have yet to find a way to search for content. Can not rollback this junk. All of this
    reminds me of the way windows 1.0 looked back in the day. and they call this the new. give us a choice on this junk or the old comfortable shoe that we all like. I know for one thing that I won't be doing is anything on xbox but play a game like on the original
    xbox. That is all this version is good for,that is unless you want to stream and not everybody streams but you have made it a main focus. this kind of junk makes me seriously considering buying the PlayStation 4.

Blu Zanth, Oct 21, 2017
  2. An Old Freak
    An Old Freak Guest
    Agree 100%.

I also find it mildly amusing that some people that will push controller buttons a gazillion times an hour playing games will also complain about one more button push on a dashboard. Horrible Dashboard Update !!!!! Fix Now !!!! :)

An Old Freak, Oct 21, 2017
  3. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest
    My original point stands, if you read it. The “employees” moderating this specific forum barely keep up with moderating. They aren’t looking for feedback on the new dashboard here. That would fall under, you know....the feedback part of the forum. Words
    do matter.

Burnin TODI, Oct 21, 2017
  4. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest

A LOT of people are complaining about the new update. To those who imply there's no problem with it, put yourself in our shoes. Imagine if you use a phone or computer and you didn't like a UI update. It upsets the whole user's experience. The operating system
    is THE MOST IMPORTANT piece of software running on your device. YOU CAN'T avoid it! Sure you got games, but how do you GET to those games? THROUGH the operating system.

Thankfully we have VOICE COMMANDS. I think I'll be using it A LOT more now until whatever tweaks they'll be adding next month. While it looks like the older adults on here don't have a hissy about the update, it's not a breeze for the younger crowd like
    me. You can't expect a UI which looks like it's meant for corporate business middle aged people and expect the younger age group to like it. You have to press more buttons to load friends and messages and the UI spams us with ANOTHER box pane. Their approach
    to boxes on the XB1 Dash is far too excessive. Even Windows 10 PC version isn't this bad!!

smileskybird, Oct 21, 2017
  5. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest
    More age discrimination from smiles....big surprise. Is your favorite movie Logan’s Run per chance?

Burnin TODI, Oct 21, 2017
  6. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Smileskybird, don’t worry, when you eventually reach the age of 14 or 15 you’ll be able to figure things out easier. An extra button press here and there won’t stump you.

brandiesel1, Oct 21, 2017
  7. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    lol,that cracked me up.

Daft Badger, Oct 22, 2017
  8. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest

In terms of the way it looks, I definitely think it's a step back compared to any of the previous Xbox One dashboards and the current 360 dashboard. It has a sort of "prototype" look to it.

Some aspects of it look zoomed in too, compared to the previous dashboard. The smallest tiles in "My games & apps" are bigger than they were. If you sort your games by A-Z, the blank space between each group of tiles is bigger than it was. I do wonder whether
    this is something to do with the Xbox One X being designed for 4K screens, but not having a 4K version of the dashboard. I dunno. Either way, bits of it look like they were made with Mr. Magoo in mind, lol.

As for the layout, I do think gripes about extra button presses to do certain tasks are warranted. Saying "but you press way more buttons when playing games" isn't a valid argument. The tasks that users do the most should be made as quick to access as possible.
    Some settings have been moved to inconvenient places, such as the option to use Kinect as a mic for voice chat - there used to be a toggle for that in the guide, but they removed it.

Kinect is even more useless than it was. You used to be able to do literally everything with your voice. Now you can say "Xbox go to settings", for example, and it will open Settings, but then you can't do anything further from there - you can't dig deeper
    into Settings with your voice.

In terms of speed and performance, bits of it are improved over previous dashboards. The friends list scrolls much more smoothly than it did in the last dashboard, for instance. The guide is responsive. However, some apps seem to really chug along for some
    reason, as if they're being starved of resources. Open the EA Access app and navigate around and it's like trying to run Crysis on a 486.

The content blocks are basically useless, outside of the one for pins. If the home screen was truly customisable, with content blocks working like widgets on Android, it could be really cool, but all you get is a handful of full screen Mr. Magoo blocks that
    don't really give you any info that benefits you.

They talk about customisability and making the console your own, but there's actually very little customisability available. The PS4 has more, with animated themes and the ability to both decide what's displayed in the quick menu and re-order it.

I like the "friends in games" feature a lot, and I also like that if you're in a party, you can quickly access it from the guide without having to navigate to the party section manually. There's also some useful new additions, such as being able to copy/move
    everything from one hard drive to another, instead of having to tediously queue things up one by one, and the ability to copy things from one Xbox to another over your network. However, there are still noticeable omissions, such as no "update all" button when
    you check for updates in "My games & apps" - you still have to click on each item in turn and choose to update it. Unlike the PS4, there's no option to calibrate and adjust your mic volume. There's a few things that I would have thought they'd have added by
    now, but they haven't.

I find it odd that when I turn the console on and it takes me to my home screen, there's no indication of how many friends are online, how many messages I have or what not. I have to press multiple buttons and go into sub-menus to see that info. Seems like
    a weird design choice to me.

This is the first Xbox One dashboard where I would happily go back to the previous one if I could. I've been in the preview program for over 3½ years and in the alpha ring from the beginning, so I've had plenty of time to use this dashboard before it hit
    the public release.

Oh, and as for the 360 dashboard being slower, well, of course it's gonna be slower. The hardware is much weaker, plus when the console was launched it had a very barebones feature set compared to later in its life, when we started getting installable apps
    and stuff. I found the performance kinda poor on the 360 when it came to using apps, but I thought "this will be fixed when the Xbox One comes out" because the One is being designed with that stuff in mind, yet the performance still makes me feel like I'm
    using a decade-old computer that's struggling to keep up.

Still, give it a few months and we'll be watching a YouTube video where Major Nelson tries to sell us on the next complete dashboard redesign, lol.

SigmaTheDJ, Oct 22, 2017
  9. I don't like the new dash either but. What can you do?

My fault with this whole console update thing is its forced on ya, and always at the worst time. I was JUST minutes ago right in the middle of outlasting Master Gee in Borderlands 2 and... "Time to update" which came at such a shock that I hit A before realizing
    it.

A whole hour of my gaming time lost simply bc MS is unable to trigger console etc updates during the next console startup cycle.

Just imagine if it had been an online session of Halo 5. Such acts would constitute a quit that 343i WOULD count against you or rather. Your Rep. Not good, not good at all... !!!!

ElectroFlying, Oct 23, 2017
  10. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    I'm of the generation that played games on the Spectrum 48k, where games took roughly 7 - 10 minutes to load.

For a me a couple of more button presses is nothing to complain about.

Shaggy2000, Oct 23, 2017
  11. There are basically two ways to go for MS on this:

#1. Massive ability to customize every aspect so you always have few steps to navigate to what you use the most.

#2. Make controller custom assignments as shortcuts to target any part you use.

I would like both - but least amount of developer time might be to start with #2 - and just about everybody could be happy.

Some complained about more steps to get to Friends - make DPAD UP assigned to Friends then - done.

These previous/next selection navigation in all directions has it's limitations - I see controller custom shortcuts as the quickest solution.

Write "custom shortcuts" in uservoice and vote for suggestions you like.

BookishFlunky90, Oct 23, 2017
  12. Burnin TODI, you are a complete idiot. This update sucks, and as much as for whatever reason you would like to troll this poor guy spitting the honest truth, you can't. Because everyone knows he is right, and everyone knows every time they push an update
    it breaks the xbox. It's actually hilarious really. They try to hard to add relevance to their mixer app so they include shortcut buttons in their party menu. Of which I constantly hit while trying to invite people to my game, due to the fact that the menu
    does not respond fast enough to my button pressing... because it sucks. Like dude, grow up. For some of us we use the xbox allot and would prefer to voice our opinions about it.

Or perhaps you just can't handle that. Do you want a safe space to crawl into? Did this guys words assault you in some way?

Lol

NV Urban Ninja, Oct 23, 2017
  13. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest

Cool, then I will repeat to you what I originally wrote (and you included it in the quote you copied)....complain in the proper forum. Look at the top of this page for the words FEEDBACK, enter there, try to be constructive and specific in your particular
    issues. Whining in this particular forum is akin to shouting into an empty forest.

Burnin TODI, Oct 23, 2017
  14. So... it takes a long time to get to those 3 friends huh? That's kwazy!

Goth Vampirella, Oct 23, 2017
  15. BluSwirl
    BluSwirl Guest
    Judging by that pic, I'd be more concerned that you and *all* of your friends were neglecting their health! Are stick figures the new black these days? Note: regardless of platform, character customization is defined by its sliders. Learn 'em, use 'em, love
    'em!

BluSwirl, Oct 24, 2017
Thema:

1. Horrible Dashboard Update !!!!! Fix Now !!!! - Similar Threads - Horrible Dashboard Update

2. Xbox lagging horribly nothing works

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox lagging horribly nothing works: Has anyone else been dealing with this ? Restarting doesn’t work and my boyfriend is having the issues with his , it’s becoming impossible to play games submitted by /u/JeromeBigCock [link]...
  3. Detailed Network Statistics rapidly changing causing horrible lag, never consistent, any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Detailed Network Statistics rapidly changing causing horrible lag, never consistent, any...: My network speed and statistics are rapidly changing, I can’t get consistent results. I test it several times in a row and it never stays the same. One minute it’s great, the next minute it’s...
  4. WiFi speeds are horrible when gaming but great for everything else on my new PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    WiFi speeds are horrible when gaming but great for everything else on my new PC: Hi all, I hope anyone can help me resolve my issue. I just built my own PC with a MSI PRO Z790-P WiFi MotherBoard with a high level GPU and CPU. Hardware is not the issue here. I am able to...
  5. Horrible xbox family settings menu and website

in XboX Insiders
    Horrible xbox family settings menu and website: Why is it so hard to log in and change my kids settings on xbox family??!! Google and Microsoft give me sooooooooooo many options that lead to nowhere! Crapiest not user friendly menu ever! All I...
  6. Xbox Gamebar recordings have a horrible 'buzzing' sound.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Gamebar recordings have a horrible 'buzzing' sound.: Hiya, whenever I use the recording features of Xbox Game Bar within games, a loud buzzing sound is recorded. This doesn't occur with non-Steam games, as far as I know. I've seen other threads from...
  7. Xbox New Dashboard = horrible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox New Dashboard = horrible: Does anyone know if there is going to be an option to remove the junk tiles/feeds from the new Xbox Series S dashboard? I had all of my games grouped, categorised and sorted but this new update...
  8. The new Xbox menu is horrible to navigate and he’s missing several key factors that...

in XBoX Accessibility
    The new Xbox menu is horrible to navigate and he’s missing several key factors that...: Why does your new menu have to be so hard to navigate hiding all the necessities to where we can’t find them easily your old menu worked just fine. This new menu is straight garbage. Where is game...
  9. my audio in sea of thieves sounds horrible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my audio in sea of thieves sounds horrible: every time I open sea of thieves the audio will start off sounding normal but a few seconds later it will cut out for about five seconds, but when it comes back it 0sound all crackly and bad and...
  10. Another horrible XBOX enforcement.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Another horrible XBOX enforcement.: my friend got suspended by saying "L Bozo".. worse than roblox moderation. 4fe9768f-7b25-48b6-9f9b-66aaa37fbf96