Hooking up Xbox One without HDMI

Discus and support Hooking up Xbox One without HDMI in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Our current setup has sound coming from the TV only but I'd like to hook up our Xbox One to surround sound. We have a Yamaha HTR-5930 receiver and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by aylaeron, Feb 14, 2021.

1. aylaeron
    aylaeron Guest

Our current setup has sound coming from the TV only but I'd like to hook up our Xbox One to surround sound. We have a Yamaha HTR-5930 receiver and according to the manual it doesn't have an HDMI port but does have an optical port as well as A/V ports. How would I go about hooking this up?

:)

aylaeron, Feb 14, 2021
  2. Archaic-F0FC12B2-51A Win User

All Xbox one problems here

How do you have it hooked up? I have my hooked up as the following

TV/Satellite Receiver HDMI Out > Xbox One Satellite In

Xbox One HDMI Out > Receiver HDMI Port

Receiver Out > TV

Does your receiver support HDMI sound, not just video?
  3. RCblackbelt24 Win User

HDMI pass-through when Xbox One is OFF

I was surprised my self that they didnt offer a complete passthrough on or off. @Shattering force... can you hook up both the hdmi through the Xbox from the cable box and then hook up some component cables from the cable box to the tv so she can watch on
    the separate input without the xbox one?
  4. Customgamer18 Win User

XBONE connecting to monitor and television?

I am a bit confused on what you are asking.

The xbox one has 1 HDMI out to be hooked up to any monitor or TV that supports HDMI. It also has an optical audio out to hook up to an audio receiver in case you don't have audio on your monitor or you want to hook it up to a home audio receiver.

The other HDMI port is an HDMI IN and that is for your cable/sat box to be hooked up to. So the xbox will show whatever is on through that cable box.

Unless you have an HDMI splitter there will be no way to get the Xbox to show on your monitor and your TV. A splitter is not all that expensive. It would be hooked up to your HDMI out on the xbox. 3 hdmi cables would be needed.
  5. T1Search Win User

Setting up Xbox One without HDMI

there is actually 2 different ways you can hook this up with rca or component cables, I do have a projector and a tv without hdmi, that I have hooked up successful. the first was with hdmi /rca cable and the second was with a hdmi component cable with sound,
    if you have issues depending with sound you can use a hdmi converter pick up around 15 at walmart
  6. duerrs Win User

HDMI Auto Switch Problem... any advice appreciated

I had the same problem with my switch box at launch. what I wound up doing is: Since my Reciever has 4 hdmi ports, I put the xbox one directly into one of the receiver hdmi's. I hooked my hdmi switch box up to hdmi 4 on the receiver and hooked up my ps4,
    ps3, and wii u to the auto switch. 8 hdmi ports is enough for me (barely).
Thema:

1. Hooking up Xbox One without HDMI - Similar Threads - Hooking without HDMI

2. Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox...: Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox one, or do I need a PC. 278eed54-f2cf-41f9-a49d-bfa117f463bd
  3. How do i get my monitor to hook up to my xbox without it saying out of range

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i get my monitor to hook up to my xbox without it saying out of range: How to get my xbox to hook up to my monitor without saying out of range 2322cf21-144f-41c8-a428-2a0a1edba417
  4. Xbox series X pairing button on consul will not work to hook up controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X pairing button on consul will not work to hook up controller: My son has an Xbox series X, the controllers used to work fine now the only way to play is have it hardwired to consul they will not pair light on Xbox will not go to blink mode after hitting...
  5. Xbox won’t play sound keeps saying tv is set to dvi when clearly im hooked up with hdmi and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won’t play sound keeps saying tv is set to dvi when clearly im hooked up with hdmi and...: Xbox won’t play sound keeps saying tv is set to dvi when clearly im hooked up with hdmi and Xbox won’t play sounds how do I fix this 77d1367c-ecd8-43cd-8997-7655e0b22aa9
  6. So i have my playstation account hooked up to my Microsoft account already. Im wondering if...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So i have my playstation account hooked up to my Microsoft account already. Im wondering if...: I have my kids account hooked up to my playstation family account, am i am i able to hook their microsoft account up to their playstation sub account if i already have my Microsoft account hooked...
  7. Should I hook an Ethernet cable which is connected to my Xbox to my modem or my router?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I hook an Ethernet cable which is connected to my Xbox to my modem or my router?: I was just wondering on whether I should hook up an Ethernet - which is connected to my Xbox - to my router or modem. I recently got a new modem which is supposedly to be a lot better than the...
  8. My Xbox is hooked up to my university’s Ethernet and at seemingly random intervals turns my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is hooked up to my university’s Ethernet and at seemingly random intervals turns my...: My Xbox is hooked up to my university’s Ethernet and at seemingly random intervals turns my internet connection of but generally happens between the hours of 5-12....
  9. what do i need 2 do to hook up my xbox to the monitor on my hp laptop,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    what do i need 2 do to hook up my xbox to the monitor on my hp laptop,: im trying to connect my sons xbox1 to my hp laptop so he can use the monitor for gaming . cant seem to figure out how to use monitor for this purpose , if it can be done at all...
  10. How do I hook up my turtle beach headset without having to go thru the controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I hook up my turtle beach headset without having to go thru the controller?: My after market controller does not have the plug in at the bottom for it. c400656a-cc13-47ae-95d7-f92889d2f6a0