Home Xbox won't let me play games offline. Fix?

Discus and support Home Xbox won't let me play games offline. Fix? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; We have spotty internet here. My home Xbox won't let us log in to our accounts, play games we've got discs for, play downloaded movies, anything. In... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ChloeWright3, Jan 6, 2023.

1. ChloeWright3
    ChloeWright3 Guest

We have spotty internet here. My home Xbox won't let us log in to our accounts, play games we've got discs for, play downloaded movies, anything. In order to play games we have to sign in. Sign in doesn't work it always says there's no internet. Playing games on disc doesn't work it says it can't read them even tho it read them just fine a week ago. It won't read ANY game disc. The only thing we can do is watch movies we bought cds of. And even then half the time the blue ray player doesn't work.

What's the point of an Xbox that doesn't play games? I spent hundreds on a crappy dvd player. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

:)

ChloeWright3, Jan 6, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your Xbox. There could be a few different issues causing the problems you're experiencing.

One possibility is that there is a problem with your internet connection. You mentioned that your internet is spotty, so it's possible that the Xbox is having trouble connecting to the internet. If this is the case, try troubleshooting your internet connection to see if that helps.

Another possibility is that there is a problem with your Xbox itself. This could be due to a hardware issue or a software issue. If you think this might be the case, you could try resetting your Xbox to see if that helps. To reset your Xbox, go to the "Settings" menu, then select "System," then "Console info & updates," and then select "reset console."
  3. Mr420QuIcKsCoPs Win User

Home xbox won't let me play offline

Yeah its pretty [Mod Removed Profanity] stupid to say "you can play games offline on your 'home xbox'" ive set my home xbox countless times and even tried setting it to a different xbox and back again but still cant play my games offline.
    Disc games work fine but any game ive bought off the store tells me i cant play it offline unless im on my home xbox, which i always am. Never used to have this problem either like 2 months ago so theyve just released some sort of update that has broken the
    store (big surprise, yet again)

Would be nice if literally one of the features microsoft showboats about actually functioned in the slightest. Literally been ripped off like $300 at least unless i have permanent internet connection. What is the point of the home xbox feature if it just
    means you dont get to use anything you own
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Mr420quickscops,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. This thread is a bit old, so it will be locked due to its age. If you haven’t already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing this issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve
    tried so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically to you. We will be happy to help you there!
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Actually like StuartATrueRed said in his post and according to this support article.

Playing games offline

There are 2 requirements to play offline.

1. System has to be your home xbox.

2. While internet is working you have to put your console into offline mode by going into the network settings.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

To play offline on the Xbox One, you have to go into network settings and select the option go offline. That should then let you play the games offline. You have to make sure you have the Xbox set as your home xbox to do this. You also have to be online
    first to put the console in offline mode.
Thema:

1. Home Xbox won't let me play games offline. Fix? - Similar Threads - Home won't let

2. When I try to change my home xbox it won't let me and says, "Too many people have made this...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try to change my home xbox it won't let me and says, "Too many people have made this...: The account that is currently using my xbox as their home xbox I have no access to or any way to contact. ea7e0592-d16d-44e5-80b1-92bf14f03e7b
  3. Xbox App (Windows 11 Home Insider Preview) won't let me choose a drive to install games on

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App (Windows 11 Home Insider Preview) won't let me choose a drive to install games on: Hi, I recently got interested in Game Pass for PC since I have a Game Pass Ultimate subscription for both Xbox and PC. My laptop's internal SSD being too small, I bought a bigger external SSD...
  4. Home Xbox won't let me play one game online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Home Xbox won't let me play one game online: I have my Series X set as my Home Xbox. I have launched Halo MCC while online several times. I own it through Game Pass. However, when I hit the button to "Go Offline" in the Network Settings tab...
  5. Home xbox won't let me play offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Home xbox won't let me play offline: So my internet went down for a couple days and wouldn't let me play my games without telling me i needed to be online to play any game and to make sure my Xbox was set as home xbox. Keep in mind...
  6. Won't let me change home xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won't let me change home xbox: hey everyone I'm having an issue with my xbox one and my home xbox. Recently I couldn't share xbox live with my family so I looked and saw that my home xbox wasn't my home xbox and when I decided...
  7. Won't let me make this my home xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won't let me make this my home xbox: My friend gave me his Xbox account and I tried making it my home Xbox so we could game share , but it won't let me because it says he has already switched it 5 times this year and it say that he...
  8. Won't let me set my Xbox one as my home xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won't let me set my Xbox one as my home xbox: basically my Xbox is not letting me play any game unless i set it to not my home Xbox when it is my home Xbox, any suggestions? 8a028aee-7016-4543-823b-a70ac7d4ead1
  9. Won't let me play my Xbox home games saying it's not my home anymore 0x803f9006 can't change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won't let me play my Xbox home games saying it's not my home anymore 0x803f9006 can't change it: I have never hanged my Xbox since I made my friend my home Xbox and now it's not letting me play his games that I've been playing for a while now and I was just playing the other night and somehow...
  10. Won't let me set my home Xbox on another account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won't let me set my home Xbox on another account: So my friend and I decided to game share for the first time, but when I tried to set my home Xbox on his account, it wouldn't let me. I'm only able to play the game when he's off and I signed into...