Home wifi won't work on Xbox Series X but other wifis will...

Discus and support Home wifi won't work on Xbox Series X but other wifis will... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! Having an issue that I can't quite wrap my head around. We have wifi from Xfinity and are paying for the highest speed. After about two weeks of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nathan Adams2, May 16, 2023.

1. Home wifi won't work on Xbox Series X but other wifis will...

Hi! Having an issue that I can't quite wrap my head around. We have wifi from Xfinity and are paying for the highest speed. After about two weeks of playing games on my new Xbox Series X, the wifi will no longer connect. Every time, it just says "can't connect to this wifi" and has me reenter the password.

I would think this is an issue with the Xbox Series X, but the Xbox is able to connect to other wifis such as our neighbor's (open) or any hotspot around my apartment.

I've already done/tested the following:

1. Factory reset on xbox
    2. Clearing cache to manual
    3. Resetting wifi
    4. unplugging / plugging back in

All to no avail. Seems like the issue is solely how the Xbox connects to THIS specific wifi but curious if anyone has had this issue before / has a fix?

:)

Nathan Adams2, May 16, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello Nathan, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I think that the fact that you're able to connect to any wifi except your own may suggest an issue with your ISP itself. Especially since you've already tried resetting.

If you're using a router then I'd recommend trying a connection directly to the modem if possible. If it's not possible then I would definitely recommend contacting your ISP first to see if there's anything they can recommend as the steps you've already tried are the standard steps that we would have already recommended.
  3. StaceyQR. Win User

Xbox One won't connect to WiFi network with correct password

It's my wifi won't connect to my xbox everything else works fine on the wifi but the wifi won't connect to my xbox one x
  4. Dan Peden Win User

I cant load into battlefield 2042 games on my specific wifi

I’m playing on the Xbox series X and yes the game is installed completely. It’s a problem with my wifi because the game works when I’m on my iPhone hotspot. All my other games work completely fine on my wifi just not battlefield 2042.
  5. Chipdiggity Win User

Xbox Series X / Xfinity Hotspot / Stopped Working

This problem is absolutely just an xbox series x problem. I have 2 other xbox consoles hooked to xfinity wifi. I have a one and one x hooked to it with no issues but fpr whatever reason the series x will not load the login page.
  6. kgudhfagkh Win User

Lag spikes

And it still lags but my wifi works with other devices including a different xbox series s
Thema:

1. Home wifi won't work on Xbox Series X but other wifis will... - Similar Threads - Home wifi won't

2. Xbox wont start updates on my home wifi unless I wait several hours for it start but works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont start updates on my home wifi unless I wait several hours for it start but works...: My Xbox series X wont update any games on my home wifi network unless I wait several hours then it may finally start updating and not sit at 0% but if I switch to my hotspot it starts updating...
  3. Series S won’t connect to home WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S won’t connect to home WiFi: Before a couple days ago my Xbox ran normally for the past 3 years but then it just disconnected from my home WiFi and won’t connect again but all my other devices such as my phone are connected...
  4. Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X makes home wifi slow: This is one of the weirdest problems I've ever seen. My friend brought over his Xbox Series X to download some games as his internet isn't good. I have 1gbps speeds and also own a Series X which...
  5. Xbox one has slow WiFi speed. I have 500 at home other devices test over 300 Xbox test at 47

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one has slow WiFi speed. I have 500 at home other devices test over 300 Xbox test at 47: Xbox one has slow WiFi speed. I have 500 at home other devices test over 300 Xbox test at 47 d63eb2ac-cc9a-455e-8085-c6c37e6a93ba
  6. Remote play working only on home Wifi network

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play working only on home Wifi network: Hi. I haven't been able to get remote play to work on networks away from home. It works great on my home wifi networks but anywhere else I get the following message: "Check your network...
  7. Xbox Series X Disconnecting home Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Disconnecting home Wifi: My Xbox Series X, as soon as I turn it on, will randomly disconnect my whole home Wifi network. It does not happen all the time. I can go weeks without any problems, then randomly, this issue will...
  8. I am not able to access the remote play feature from any wifi other than my home wifi network

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am not able to access the remote play feature from any wifi other than my home wifi network: I am not able to access the remote play feature from any wifi other than my home wifi network All my remote play settings are correct This feature worked well 4 months back but doesn't work...
  9. Xbox remote play not working only on home wifi.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox remote play not working only on home wifi.: Morning, when i try to connect to my xbox via the xbox phone app at home it all works fine. Then when i try to do it through 5g i can turn it on 5minutes after switching from wifi to 5g but if i...
  10. Xbox Series Won't Connect To Home WiFi. Any solutions?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series Won't Connect To Home WiFi. Any solutions?: My Xbox Series S is having connection issues. I can connect to the internet via my mobile phone's hotspot, but I cannot connect to my main (Xfinity) wifi. On the Xbox app it tells me the password...