Home screen ads: "Show less like this" does nothing. Any fixes?

Discus and support Home screen ads: "Show less like this" does nothing. Any fixes? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am not a fan of video game streaming. I have never enjoyed it. Sitting and watching other people do the same thing for hours on end is not appealing... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GuitarHeroAero, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Home screen ads: "Show less like this" does nothing. Any fixes?

I am not a fan of video game streaming. I have never enjoyed it. Sitting and watching other people do the same thing for hours on end is not appealing to me in any way. I understand there's a market for it, but it's not for me. I feel the same way about
    battle royale. I find it boring and a waste of time to run around for a half hour picking up gear and lose all that progress instantly because some other person found better stuff than you. Again, I get that people like it, but it's not for me.

Given this bit of information about me, you can see that watching streams of people playing battle royale is probably one of the last things I would ever spend my time doing. Conveniently enough, popular battle royale streamers Ninja and Shoud recently signed
    deals to stream exclusively on Mixer, and since Mixer is Microsoft's streaming service, they are promoting the hell out of these people whenever they go live. This promotion includes notifying me on my home screen whenever they are live.

Like I said, watching these people stream is just about one of the last things I would ever spend my time doing. And when I load up my Xbox, I generally like my home screen to notify me of things that I would enjoy taking part in, such as letting me know
    that my friends are playing Siege, or letting me know about a new update in a game I play or something.

However, whenever I load it up I have two notifications waiting for me letting me know that Ninja and Shoud are live right now. Every time I see these notifications, I hit start and click "Show less like this", because I don't want to see these notifications.
    This works on most platforms. If, for example, I'm catching up on The Walking Dead, and YouTube decides it's a good idea to spoil it for me by putting a video of the next biggest death in my recommended, I can say "Hey YouTube, stop recommending videos about
    The Walking Dead" and I'll never see them again. However, on Xbox, even though I tell them to stop notifying me about these streamers being live, I have those two notifications waiting for me on my home screen every time I load it up.

I have hit "Show less like this" on these notifications every single time, pretty much ever since they started when Ninja moved to Mixer. However, I receive just as many of these notifications now as I did then. Am I doing it wrong? How do I get rid of them
    from my home screen for good?

Thanks.

:)

GuitarHeroAero, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Leemur60 Win User

Hi. Like you say, they are Microsoft's new signings so are being pushed. They will fade over time and be forgotten about just like others in the past.
  3. lee1987xz Win User

Im 32, the last thing i want to do is watch a blue-haired adult play fortnight. That's really selfish Microsoft forcing him down our throats, considering we pay for consoles...games...films...gold...gamepass...And then to give us the option of "show less
    like this" just for it to be ignored is insulting.
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi GuitarHeroAero,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with seeing advertisements on your home screen. Unfortunately, there is no way to completely prevent Mixer advertisements on the home screen, its likely the console is finding different streamers
    that are related to games you play to better suit your interests.

If you have any suggestions towards how advertisements could be displayed on the console, please check out our

Xbox Requests
    page.

I hope this helps.
  5. brandiesel1 Win User

It doesnt annoy me because I ignore them, but you should have the ability to block it. You pay for the service and you should be able to customize it. Hopefully we can one day. They've probably paid them a lot so they need to get their faces out there.
  6. Frathos Win User

I wish I had a solution for you however I am experiencing the same thing. It annoys me when I have selected "Show less like this" every time the Mixer Ninja promo is shown in left tile (you can't use that on right Ad tile) because I have NO interest in following
    him on Mixer and I feel like my opinion/preference is simply being ignored.
Thema:

1. Home screen ads: "Show less like this" does nothing. Any fixes? - Similar Threads - Home screen ads

2. Xbox X crashing to Home Screen!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X crashing to Home Screen!: So I’ve had my Xbox X for just over a year now, since I tried to play starfield my Xbox started crashing to Home Screen. I gave up trying to play starfield tried all steps in posts I’ve seen even...
  3. Question: Home screen display ...........

in XboX Insiders
    Question: Home screen display ...........: Given I am already a Game Pass Ultimate subcriber (and have been for 3+ years), how exactly, is this useful to me? Your post editor wouldn't allow me to actually attach them(the "Image & Video",...
  4. Custom background for home screen on xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Custom background for home screen on xbox: I thought i would be really cool to have a background system where you could download something from the web. Bc i have seen awesome backgrounds/moving backgrounds that i would love to have on my...
  5. How do you removed the added groups on your home screen. Before the update I had my home...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you removed the added groups on your home screen. Before the update I had my home...: How do you removed the added groups on your home screen. Before the update I had my home screen set up with two groups and now it has all this stuff I don’t want on it...
  6. How do I remove all the new junk that was added to my xbox home screen. I only want to see...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I remove all the new junk that was added to my xbox home screen. I only want to see...: How can I remove all the new junk that was added to my dashboard with this new update?? c4c3ea4f-0187-4415-843f-1b8136bd9bab
  7. Ads on Home Screen of Xbox 1.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ads on Home Screen of Xbox 1.: So our family uses our Xbox to access all kinds of apps including apps that we pay for such as Disney plus, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. We can’t avoid seeing the Home Screen to get to these other...
  8. Food ad on xbox home screen Legit?

in XboX Insiders
    Food ad on xbox home screen Legit?: Guys, seriously?, another non-gaming ad on the Xbox home screen! Wtf But this time it caught my attention. They want us to order fucking food on Xbox! Does it work Irl or is that like a dumb game...
  9. Xbox refer a friend and get rewarded Xbox home screen Xbox sponsored ad error

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox refer a friend and get rewarded Xbox home screen Xbox sponsored ad error: OK i was told to come here by another user because this supposedly not a Xbox live rewards error. anyways the error so i logged in to my Xbox One before i clicked resume watch_dogs i saw an Xbox...
  10. How do I disable sponsored ad tiles on home screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I disable sponsored ad tiles on home screen?: On my Xbox console home screen, the apps and games tab has 2 tiles to the right taken by ads and a banner above them as well. How do I opt out or disable this content?...