Home button won’t work, but controller is properly connected to Xbox.

Discus and support Home button won’t work, but controller is properly connected to Xbox. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Ive been using my current controller for about a year now, but all of a sudden it decides to give me some trouble. One night, before i went to bed, i... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by EdenFrostfire, May 2, 2020.

1. Home button won’t work, but controller is properly connected to Xbox.

Ive been using my current controller for about a year now, but all of a sudden it decides to give me some trouble. One night, before i went to bed, i tried to turn off my xbox with my controller, but the home button doesnt wok. Every other button works
    but that one. I decided it was no biggie, and that i could find a fix, I’ve dealt with faulty controllers before, but the next day i couldnt even turn on the controller because the home button wont work. Is there a way to fix it, another way to turn on the
    controller, or is the controller unfixable?

:)

EdenFrostfire, May 2, 2020
  2. JoelAlves1987 Win User

Eu te aconselho a levar em alguma assistencia de confianca , mas caso voce saiba abrir e entenda do assunto abre o controle possa ser que seja coisa simples.
  3. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there EdenFrostfire,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice eon how to deal with this issue. The only thing I can recommend is using the controller while connected to through a USB cable. You can try also what we have on our

Wireless Controller Solution

Also, Microsoft does not support self repair of any of their accessories and any discussion of self repair

is prohibited
    , so heads up.

Thanks for reading!
  4. EdenFrostfire Win User

Hey there ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice eon how to deal with this issue. The only thing I can recommend is using the controller while connected to through a USB cable. You can try also what we have on our

Wireless Controller Solution

Also, Microsoft does not support self repair of any of their accessories and any discussion of self repair

is prohibited
    , so heads up.

Thanks for replying! I have been using USB to power my controller for a while, i was using it when i tried to power on the controller. Im going to try using batteries, but if that doesnt work either then I’ll look
    into the link you sent me.
  5. Doum2002 Win User

Controller connected wireless, buttons do not work

I have the same problem with 1 of my controller. Only the home button works in wireless and have to connect the usb capable for it to work properly. Right after febuary controller update.
  6. wwkingms Win User

xbox controller home button issue wont resolve

OK strange new development/observation

it appears if i plug the controller into the xbox via usb, than still the home button doesn't work, HOWEVER if i remove the batteries making the controller dependent on the xbox for power then the HOME BUTTON WORKS IMMEDIATELY! while plugged into the xbox
    with a working home button if i put the batteries back into the controller, without hitting anything, the home button stops working again.

and remember the controller will turn the xbox on via home button even while not connected by USB...

what in the world is up with this controller?!
Thema:

1. Home button won’t work, but controller is properly connected to Xbox. - Similar Threads - Home button won’t

2. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  3. My Xbox home button does not work anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox home button does not work anymore: I ordered one of those black and gold Xbox series controllers when they first released and from day one. I had issues with it at first the home button led would flicker when I was playing a game....
  4. Home button and other options unavailable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home button and other options unavailable.: My son can play a game but the home button does not work. He can not go to his account or settings. System keeps saying unavailable. We have performed a hard reset and then unplugged the power...
  5. A button not working on Home screen/Guide

in XboX Insiders
    A button not working on Home screen/Guide: Just started happening a few days ago, randomly my A button won't do anything, works in apps and in games but won't work on the Home screen or the guide (friends list, party, etc.). On screen when...
  6. Hi overtime I am in a game and I press the home button the press b to go back to the game I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi overtime I am in a game and I press the home button the press b to go back to the game I...: Hi overtime I am in a game and I press the home button the press b to go back to the game I get a black screen for like 10 seconds a88fdc63-0175-4e35-bf04-7a806d6f52db
  7. My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...: I tried everything like resetting my console and unplugging it but nothing works 8c9e7e91-d0e3-4051-b1f8-62d163855ebf
  8. My Home button(The big X) won’t work at All.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Home button(The big X) won’t work at All.: Hello, My problem is regarding my Xbox elite series two controller. My problem is I splilled a little drink on it and it didn’t work at all for a bit, now it works when I plugged it in. The...
  9. Xbox home menu button won’t work correctly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox home menu button won’t work correctly: Xbox turns on fine with the xbox button in controller. And if i hold the button on the controller, it vibrates and gives me the power options screen. Issue is when i tap the button to bring up...
  10. Controller won’t power on wirelessly and home button DOES NOT WORK HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won’t power on wirelessly and home button DOES NOT WORK HELP: My xbox one controller does not power on wirelessy. It only comes on via usb cable and when it is working the home button does not work i cant switch out of apps and games and its really annoying...