home button only one working on controller

Discus and support home button only one working on controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The only button working on my xbox one controller is the home button. c83b9c9e-6edf-46c1-9049-1c418eac78ed Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sandy Young1, May 26, 2023.

1. Sandy Young1
    Sandy Young1 Guest

The only button working on my xbox one controller is the home button.

:)

Sandy Young1, May 26, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

If I may ask, are you on Xbox or PC?

Also, is this only happening with one controller or multiple controllers?

This will determine the steps we have to perform.
  3. da frigin pope Win User

Only Xbox Home button working

This happened to one of my controllers after the February controller update. Only home button works if connected via wireless, when I hold the home button the only option that pops up is to turn off console, as if the controller is not even connected. When
    I connect via USB everything works fine.
  4. Rastan-EE30E243-F4DE Win User

Only the home button is working on my controller

has everyone made sure that their controller with headset and headset adapter plugged in if applicable has been updated? many people forget to update their controllers
  5. Kev McCaw Win User

Ive found the batteries slide around in the controller.

Could do with some padding to make the enclosure tighter

I think its was designed more fir the plug and play than fir batteries.

Next ti e it plays up try popping the cover off and make sure the batteries are pulled in tight

Might nit fix it but has helped with my disconnect problems
  6. masterjoespy XD Win User

I have exactly the same problem.
Thema:

1. home button only one working on controller - Similar Threads - home button working

2. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  3. My Xbox home button does not work anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox home button does not work anymore: I ordered one of those black and gold Xbox series controllers when they first released and from day one. I had issues with it at first the home button led would flicker when I was playing a game....
  4. A button not working on Home screen/Guide

in XboX Insiders
    A button not working on Home screen/Guide: Just started happening a few days ago, randomly my A button won't do anything, works in apps and in games but won't work on the Home screen or the guide (friends list, party, etc.). On screen when...
  5. My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...: I tried everything like resetting my console and unplugging it but nothing works 8c9e7e91-d0e3-4051-b1f8-62d163855ebf
  6. Xbox One home button not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One home button not working: Screen fades a bit but resumes brightness. The menu will not open. This is preventing me from playing multiplayer games giving me a profile failed to load error message. I have taken the following...
  7. My Home button(The big X) won’t work at All.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Home button(The big X) won’t work at All.: Hello, My problem is regarding my Xbox elite series two controller. My problem is I splilled a little drink on it and it didn’t work at all for a bit, now it works when I plugged it in. The...
  8. Xbox series S only home button working on controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S only home button working on controller: Basically what the title says. I have an xbox series S, with the series S controller. It first started with the problem of the controller not syncing with the battery packs (instead of double As,...
  9. Xbox One S system SETTINGS not responding. Home Button is not working properly. Guide or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S system SETTINGS not responding. Home Button is not working properly. Guide or...: The Home Button of my Xbox One S is not working properly. When pressed, it wouldn't pull up the guide or menu. Also, my Xbox system settings was not responding (as such, I'm not able to change...
  10. Why does only the home button work?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does only the home button work?: I’ve reset and updated my controller but only the home button and joysticks work. It’s connected and it has a fully charged battery. The USB cord doesn’t help either. It will randomly disconnect...