Home button on xbox controller in windows 7

Discus and support Home button on xbox controller in windows 7 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have 2 original xbox one x controllers. When I connect the gamepad with a cable to a PC with Windows 7, the controller turns on and works fine, but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UpsyDupsy, May 25, 2024.

1. UpsyDupsy
    UpsyDupsy Guest

I have 2 original xbox one x controllers. When I connect the gamepad with a cable to a PC with Windows 7, the controller turns on and works fine, but there is no action when I press the home button. For example, on the site, when playing via xcloud, the home panel does not open. Windows also does not respond in any way to pressing the button with the logo. On the gamepadtester website, only 16 buttons are displayed, as if the central button does not exist at all, although on YouTube, when other people connect an xbox controller, gamepadtester displays 17 buttons. What should I do?

The home button works fine on xbox

Windows has all updates installed

There are no problems in device manager

:)

UpsyDupsy, May 25, 2024
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi UpsyDupsy. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Thank you for posting on the Xbox Communities Forum. Please note that Windows 7 does not have full support for Xbox One controllers. As such, some features such as the Xbox button will not work. Windows 10/11 have built-in support for Xbox One controllers.

Windows 7 is no longer receiving support or updates, making your PC vulnerable to attacks. If your PC is connected to the internet, Windows 7 is not safe to use. I strongly recommend upgrading to Windows 10 or 11.
  3. minus365 Win User

Instant On issues: Cannot disable, nor does Xbox wake up with voice command when enabled

Holding the Xbox button for 5-7 secs will just restart console and not turn off.

I have same problem. Using the power saving mode, but I am not able to turn it off as ussual by holding Home button on controller and tgen Console off. It just freezes (kinect turns off), but console and controller still on.
  4. General Usage Win User

[WP7]Xbox Companion App is LIVE

Nice, Downloaded and just tried it out. Very quick (using HTC 7 Trophy WP7.5) and nice little feature for videos. Only problem is the controller does not have the Start/Select buttons or the Xbox Home button but as more features arrive and updates then this
    will become very useful.
  5. The King Lir Win User

My Xbox One X controller isn't working on Windows 7 (wired)

Hey, you mentioned this is windows 7 right?

Make sure your controller is update as per: https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

Update the Xbox Controller drivers as per "Windows 8.1 and Windows 7" section of: https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc
  6. wwkingms Win User

xbox controller home button issue wont resolve

OK strange new development/observation

it appears if i plug the controller into the xbox via usb, than still the home button doesn't work, HOWEVER if i remove the batteries making the controller dependent on the xbox for power then the HOME BUTTON WORKS IMMEDIATELY! while plugged into the xbox
    with a working home button if i put the batteries back into the controller, without hitting anything, the home button stops working again.

and remember the controller will turn the xbox on via home button even while not connected by USB...

what in the world is up with this controller?!
Thema:

1. Home button on xbox controller in windows 7 - Similar Threads - Home button controller

2. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  3. My Xbox home button does not work anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox home button does not work anymore: I ordered one of those black and gold Xbox series controllers when they first released and from day one. I had issues with it at first the home button led would flicker when I was playing a game....
  4. I have changed my elite controller home button to green.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have changed my elite controller home button to green.: I have changed my elite controller home button, however when I leave editing it changes back to the default color. What am I missing? e72be71b-40a8-47e8-ac1c-608eee0a0254
  5. Xbox series S only home button working on controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S only home button working on controller: Basically what the title says. I have an xbox series S, with the series S controller. It first started with the problem of the controller not syncing with the battery packs (instead of double As,...
  6. Xbox controller glitching and spamming home button when I am in proximity of it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller glitching and spamming home button when I am in proximity of it: Note: this is in behave of my cousin Xbox Series S Tldr: Xbox Controller glitch when I am in proximity of it (Only me) My cousins Xbox controller is acting really strange lately. The...
  7. Please help When I press the home button on my Xbox controller when my sound bar is on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help When I press the home button on my Xbox controller when my sound bar is on...: When I press the home button on my Xbox controller when my sound bar is on Bluetooth it switches the HDMI setting on the sound bar to TV I don't know what's going on please help...
  8. Can you fix elite series 2 controller blue home button and unresponsive except for left stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you fix elite series 2 controller blue home button and unresponsive except for left stick: After connecting to a different Xbox for the first time and pressing the change profile button, the controllers home button turned dark blue and came unresponsive except for the left analog stick...
  9. home button only one working on controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    home button only one working on controller: The only button working on my xbox one controller is the home button. c83b9c9e-6edf-46c1-9049-1c418eac78ed
  10. Control panel doesn't appear when pressing Home button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Control panel doesn't appear when pressing Home button: The panel on the left hand side doesn't pop up any longer d852b78b-5c9d-4ad9-ba16-fb7d8c9a6d41