Hold (X) for power options tool tip

Discus and support Hold (X) for power options tool tip in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I just updated my Xbox in Alpha preview and noticed that there is now a tool tip in the guide menu that tells you how you can press and hold the (X)... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Nexipal, Jun 28, 2022.

1. /u/Nexipal
    /u/Nexipal Guest

I just updated my Xbox in Alpha preview and noticed that there is now a tool tip in the guide menu that tells you how you can press and hold the (X) button on your controller to get to the power options.

And well I really dislike it because it just adds even more visual noise to a simple menu. Like don't get me wrong I know what's it's intend is and there is nothing wrong with what it was ment for. That still does not change the fact that I personally just find it more irritating than anything else.

Maybe you can show it to new users that haven't used the power menu very often? Because adding an optto disable it would just add even more options in a sub menu that can be hard to find for problems that don't have to be there in the first place.

Like not being able to force 4K and getting rid of the auto detection that is floored anyways, Having one unified page for privacy settings with a drop down menu for the presets while showing what they mean in detail by giving a preview on said unified page, Not getting the newest changes that came with the latest update show in a small pop-up window after it got installed like you do in Minecraft, Having an option to do a full or an always on shutdown in the (X) power menu, not resetting the streaming volume setting when you select the webcam option via the new streaming tab in the guide menu, having an option to zoom and pan you webcam digitally that is shown on stream (Xbox Series exclusive issue) and just too many other small to medium fixes and improvements that are long overdue.

submitted by /u/Nexipal
    [link] [comments]

/u/Nexipal, Jun 28, 2022
  2. Beard Knight Win User

Craftsmanship Thread

The Ripper is horrible. I used it for the "Electric Lawnmower" achievement and I'm never, ever using the attachment again.

Weapon One Upper - Upper Tool: Telemetry Spike | Upper Tool Tip: Default Tip

Weapon One Lower - Lower Tool: Military Engine | Lower Tool Tip: MK-V Compact Directed Ejection

Weapon One Attachments - Damage Support | Electric Charge

Weapon Two Upper - Upper Tool: Military Engine | Upper Tool Tip: Marauder Repeater

Weapon Two Lower - Lower Tool: Military Engine | Lower Tool Tip: MK-V Conic Dispersal

Weapon Two Attachments - Stasis Amplifier | Flame Glaze

These are by far my two favorite combinations in-game. The first weapon is for precision and tight spots when running low on ammo, does decent damage and will kill most enemies in 2-4 shots. The second weapon is my primary, really good power for a fully-auto
    assault rifle, three barrels for added firerate with fire damage as a bonus and very good accuracy with a massive (80 round) clip, the secondary being a shotgun for crowd control with decent speed, lots of power and 17 rounds in the clip.

I'll be sticking with this combo until I unlock the Devil Horns when I complete Classic Mode.
  3. BakyOsijekHr Win User

unable to update billing

Try remove and than add your account on the console. If that not works try power cycle. Hold an x on your console for 10 sec untill powered down. Unplug power cord for 5 minutes. Plug it back in and start up console on the same x button. Or with controler.
    If that not helps try factory reset with option keep my games and apps. And final solution is to contact support.
  4. baltyofgod Win User

Offline update in progress, hung up at 58%, cycled down, restarted, no error message, stuck again at 50%

The first pass serves for the S and X, instead the latter for the normal one fat.

Step 3: Verify that you can open the Xbox startup troubleshooting tool
    Depending on how recent your Xbox One console update is, you can perform an offline system update using the Xbox startup Troubleshooting tool. To Verify that the option is available on the console, follow these steps.

If you are using a wired network connection, unplug the network cable.
    Turn off the console and unplug the power cord to make sure that the console is completely off.
    Wait 30 seconds, then reconnect the power cord.
    Hold down the PAIRING button (on the left side of the console) and the EJECT button (on the front of the console), then press the Xbox button on the console.
    Continue to hold the PAIRING button and the EJECT button pressed for 10-15 seconds.
    Wait for a few seconds to emit two tones of "Start " at a distance. After issuing the second boot tone, release the PAIRING button and the EJECT button.
    When the console comes on, you will see the Xbox startup Troubleshooting tool, if available:

If you do not see the Xbox Startup Troubleshooting tool, select NO below to continue with an offline update.

Do you see the Xbox Startup Troubleshooting tool After You run the procedure?
  5. WellmaxxBR Win User

Hot sale for Xbox

Really a great purchase option, but I would reserve as much as possible for the launch of the Series X, here's the tip !!
  6. CRob2 Win User

Xbox One FIX!, black screen after update 2021!

Found a solution in a video as well. Had to reset to factory losing profiles and saves. Seems to only affect the original version. My Scorpion X updated same time and was fine.

My solution was to turn of the XBOX by holding down the power button till it turned off. Then hold the sync button and eject same time starting with pressing sync first with your middle finger then thumb on eject and hold them. Then tap the power button, it will power up with one beep keep holding sync and eject till second beep. A screen will pop up with trouble shooting options. Choose the factory reset option. At the top of that menu is a option to keep your saves and loaded games pick that option and wait for it to restore itself. Relog back in your profiles starting with your primary or whomever was the head of the XBOX. This will retain your online status.
Thema:

1. Hold (X) for power options tool tip - Similar Threads - Hold power options

2. Holding the 'Xbox Button' not working

in XboX Insiders
    Holding the 'Xbox Button' not working: Current behaviour Pressing the 'Xbox Button' on the controller makes the controller vibrate as usual indicating that the button input has been acknowledged, however the Xbox does not display the...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button: I recently bought an Elite Xbox Series 2 controller for my PC, and I ran into an issue where every time I press and hold (edit: any button), the controller would briefly disconnect (no input, xbox...
  4. My Xbox is stuck on the startup screen and yes I have tried holding the power button and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is stuck on the startup screen and yes I have tried holding the power button and...: My Xbox is stuck on the startup screen I have tried holding the power button for ten seconds then unplugging the power cable please help. 332b2acb-c264-49b8-8d13-488d283a12f0
  5. I have an Xbox series x controller and it hold a hard "up" during gameplay when on steam.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an Xbox series x controller and it hold a hard "up" during gameplay when on steam.: It works fine in the menu and to naviagte before the game; but starting at the game menu, it pushes up. it's not a controller issue and I just want to know if anyoner else has had this problem....
  6. How do I fix my controller if I have to hold A just to play a game or do anything, I just...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my controller if I have to hold A just to play a game or do anything, I just...: I bought a new controller that was pre owned but I don’t know if it’s a problem because I just connected the controller and I was trying to get into a game and instead of having to press A once I...
  7. [XBO] Console doesn't power on unless I unplug everything and then hold the sync button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    [XBO] Console doesn't power on unless I unplug everything and then hold the sync button?: Been happening since my console updated and didn't start back up after a restart during the update 7d44bbf0-c127-48f6-8191-b67abafd8ba6
  8. Holding down the power button for more than 10 seconds reset my console to scratch.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Holding down the power button for more than 10 seconds reset my console to scratch.: I went to turn my Xbox off by holding down the power button for more than 10 seconds to make sure that it was fully shut down. However when I restarted my console all my profiles were removed, my...
  9. Controller won’t hold power

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controller won’t hold power: Hello, bought my S recently, since owning the console the controller will not even blink without being plugged in. Pushing/holding the Xbox button shows no reaction. I’ve updated the controller...
  10. Xbox freezes everytime when playing a game. Have to hold power button to turn off. Alpha...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox freezes everytime when playing a game. Have to hold power button to turn off. Alpha...: I’ve played nba 2k22 in the rec. my xbox will kick me from the party then freeze. To which I have to hold the power button, power off then back on. It happened 4 times in a row submitted by...