Hogwarts Legacy is saying I don't own it

Discus and support Hogwarts Legacy is saying I don't own it in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought Hogwarts Legacy 3 days ago and it was working fine. Today I have tried to open the game several times and it just says I need to insert disk... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SteveMac69, Mar 13, 2023.

1. SteveMac69
    SteveMac69 Guest

I bought Hogwarts Legacy 3 days ago and it was working fine. Today I have tried to open the game several times and it just says I need to insert disk or purchase it from the store.

It's still in my purchase history from 3 days ago even though I can't play it. If I look at from the purchase history page though it shows as being not installed on my console even though it is but if I check from manage games and add one it's showing as installed.

I have tried doing a hard reset and resetting my Series X and signing in and out. I don't honestly think it's a console problem though because all my other games work fine including 2 I purchased yesterday. It's just Hogwarts Legacy that refuses to show as being owned. Even on the store page it doesn't show as owned so I think the issue is definitely on the store side and not my console.

:)

SteveMac69, Mar 13, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with your game problem.

If I may ask, are you still seeing the purchase from your history as completed? Please check the status of the order first here:

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/

If all is good, try this reset:

NOTE: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

No data or game saves will be lost doing this, everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Console info

5. Select Reset console.

6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

This will also help sync the data on your console properly.

If that is still having an issue, I would already suggest requesting a refund from your orders.
  3. GonnaSyfalAids2 Win User

Hogwarts Legacy suddenly says I don't own it

I am having the same issue.. I specifically paid for the digital deluxe so that my son could play it on his Xbox one x when it came out.. now it says I only own the base version of the game yet my Xbox purchase history shows the digital deluxe with both copies included..
  4. StickDG Win User

Christopher, please let me reiterate: THEY told YOU to do THEIR Job and reach out to THEIR supplier? What kind of behaviour is that?

We are their customers not WB's customers. Do I have to write to Seagate the next time the hard drive of my Surface Laptop breaks down?

This cannot be the way, Microsoft treats their customers.

I will remain with the Microsoft XBOX Support. And I strongly urge everybody who has a DRM issue regarding the XBOX store to do same, and to give them fire. It's simply their responsibility.

At least, WB just made this official: https://portkeygamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/16628349635603-Known-Issue-Hogwarts-Legacy-Xbox-One-0x82d40003-and-0x82d40005-Errors
  5. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Christopher. I'm sorry to know that
    May I know if you tried to perform a physical power cycle again?

Another option is try to install the game using the Xbox mobile app.
    If you want to know about that you just need to open the app and go to the search tab and type Hogwarts Legacy.
    Once you see the Xbox one version tap on it and select "download to console"
  6. StickDG Win User

I also just noticed my console made an update on the 13th of May, right before the trouble started. Is this also the case for your Xbox One?
Thema:

1. Hogwarts Legacy is saying I don't own it - Similar Threads - Hogwarts Legacy saying

2. In live stream Hogwarts Legacy ITA

in XboX Insiders
    In live stream Hogwarts Legacy ITA: Sono live su Twitch, vieni a trovarmi! https://www.twitch.tv/metius972?sr=a submitted by /u/metius97 [link] [comments]
  3. What laptop is best for hogwarts legacy?

in XBoX on Windows
    What laptop is best for hogwarts legacy?: I'm currently looking at buying a laptop that I can play hogwarts legacy and maybe the last of us on. I'm not want to spend too much. I was looking at the Acer Nitro 5 15.6-inch...
  4. What is the different between hogwarts legacy series one version game disc play on the xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is the different between hogwarts legacy series one version game disc play on the xbox...: frame rate? image quality? 4b75aa20-819a-4ed2-9d87-8087e84086aa
  5. DXGI_Error_Device_Removed (Hogwarts Legacy)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DXGI_Error_Device_Removed (Hogwarts Legacy): Game keeps crashing to desktop randomly without any error message. However taking a dive into the crash dumps reveals logs like these… "SessionId": "E8B1373A4E0C48C5301241A5C69BCA50",...
  6. I bought Hogwarts legacy X/S version but it says not compatible on my xbox s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Hogwarts legacy X/S version but it says not compatible on my xbox s: Why does my digital xbox x/s game say uncompatible on my xbox s 61f7ca89-1a46-4653-81b6-ffe54403226b
  7. On the main screen of my Xbox series x hogwarts legacy says that it is the obox one version...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On the main screen of my Xbox series x hogwarts legacy says that it is the obox one version...: I've tried everything I could think of. I deleted the group, and added it from the store, I looked in the gamecard settings, the system settings, I didn't find anything that would let me make it...
  8. My hogwarts legacy say i no longer have the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My hogwarts legacy say i no longer have the game: i bought it digitally and have the receipt but all of a sudden it says i dont own it help please 2175e6ff-ae0a-462a-b3f1-f8e57dbbb543
  9. Hogwarts Legacy suddenly says I don't own it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hogwarts Legacy suddenly says I don't own it: I bought the Hogwarts Legacy: Digital Deluxe Edition for Xbox Series X/S before the game launched on Xbox One specifically because it included access to the Xbox One version of the game. I...
  10. I pre ordered Hogwarts Legacy Xbox one version, it now says my order has been refunded or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I pre ordered Hogwarts Legacy Xbox one version, it now says my order has been refunded or...: On 02/03/2023 I preordered Xbox one version of Hogwarts legacy, for 3 months the game was in my library labeled pre ordered and couldn’t play until 05/05/2023. I logged in today and the game is...