High ping issue with Xbox One

Discus and support High ping issue with Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! Is this already solved somehow? I read about remarkably high pings with several xbox one users few years ago but did not notice how this was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by isi_09, Dec 5, 2023.

1. isi_09
    isi_09 Guest

Hello!

Is this already solved somehow? I read about remarkably high pings with several xbox one users few years ago but did not notice how this was resolved. I bring this up because we are currently facing this problem. Network setting is optimized as far as I know (such as nat is OPEN, DNS and IPS are automatic, port is set to 3074). Ping is 60ms when running the test but when playing (Fortnite) ping is far more that 100ms (often 150). Connection is wired and is theoretically 500/500 (download/upload). Just updated the router, no difference between the old and the new one. The same (wired) connection gave ping around 15-20 in PC, so the problem is in the console end. Any suggestions?

:)

isi_09, Dec 5, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello, Isi_09 my name is Oskayra I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

While the ping test indicates a stable connection, the consistently high ping during gameplay suggests an underlying issue with the Xbox One's network connectivity. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the high ping issue:

Restart the Xbox One: A simple restart can sometimes clear network glitches and refresh the console's connection.

Power cycle the router and modem: Disconnect both devices from power, wait for 30 seconds, and then plug them back in. This can help reset their network configurations.

Change DNS settings: Sometimes, using a different DNS server can improve network performance. Try using a public DNS server like Google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) or Cloudflare DNS (1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1).

Update the Xbox One software: Make sure your Xbox One is running the latest software updates. These updates often include improvements to network connectivity.

Contact Xbox support: If the issue persists, contact Xbox support for further assistance. They can help you diagnose the problem and provide more specific troubleshooting steps.

support for Xbox: https://support.xbox.com/

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Avoid peak network usage times: Try playing during off-peak hours when there is less traffic on the network.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  3. NickD54 Win User

Microsoft can you please fix the series X/S WiFi lag and ping issues

No lag with Ethernet or high ping , I only get high ping on WiFi it’s bad on 2.4gh and only slightly better on 5gh. On PlayStation and other devices I have no issues whatsoever
  4. Adarsh Shah Win User

Why aren’t any cross play setting available when I go into my mw3 setting

I'm on xbox and having the same issue..cant access crossplay and now my ping is stupidly high
  5. FearedNightmare Win User

IP or URL from de Networking test of xbox one

The latency shown in the network settings on the Xbox One is not an accurate representation of your ping since it pings the servers in Seattle and not the nearest or best one. The packetloss does however state that there's an issue with your network. Can
    you go through the troubleshooting steps on this page by selecting the High Packetloss option ? support.xbox.com/xbox-one/networking/multiplayer-connection-error-solution
  6. Da Wife Said No Win User

network speed!

@OP What is your ping time? A high ping time could be more of the issue than the download or upload speed.
Thema:

1. High ping issue with Xbox One - Similar Threads - High ping issue

2. High Ping only In 1 Game

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Ping only In 1 Game: Hi, I live in northwest louisiana and i’m having network issues with a certain game which is rainbow six siege. They have a server in dallas texas called South Central US servers. For some reason...
  3. Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help: Please help my xbox just went high ping out of nowhere. Tried different dns doesn't help, and my signal strength is 100% submitted by /u/LFC_Lad [link] [comments]
  4. High ping on Xbox X even on ethernet.

in XboX Insiders
    High ping on Xbox X even on ethernet.: Hello! I’ve been having some trouble with my connection lately and wanted to see if anyone could please help. My console is connected to my router through ethernet. I mainly play FIFA (EAFC24),...
  5. Roblox website/game lag spiking and high ping problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Roblox website/game lag spiking and high ping problems: i was just playing the game, suddenly i notice the high ping and lag spikes. from my usual 160-200 ms it became 400+ ms with spikes to 1000ms and more obviusly like this the game is unplayable...
  6. Why is the series X ping so high

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the series X ping so high: Why is my ping around 80 when playing thru the xbox but if I'm playing the same game on geforce now thru edge browser, also on the xbox, it's 10. My ping was much lower on the one X as well, it...
  7. Latency Variation's and high ping despite seemingly good internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latency Variation's and high ping despite seemingly good internet: Hello, I recently have encountered issue where I have very high latency variation across all games. It happened seemingly overnight and have tried all sorts of things to resolve the issue. I tried...
  8. High Ping in games, but internet test says otherwise

in XBoX Games and Apps
    High Ping in games, but internet test says otherwise: I’ve been getting very high ping (90-100) in Fortnite. I’m connected to the right server and it says i should be getting 30. I’ve done everything I can and I’m starting to think it’s my Xbox since...
  9. Very fast wifi (700 mbps) but high ping in games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Very fast wifi (700 mbps) but high ping in games.: I use an ethernet connection and it gives me 700 mbps. However, every online game i play is very laggy. I've followed a lot of tutorials on youtube and I just cannot find the right adjustments....
  10. High ping on 4 xboxes - help please!

in XBoX on Consoles
    High ping on 4 xboxes - help please!: Hi! Hoping someone can help us. We have 4 xboxes in the house suffering extremely high ping - just on Fortnite alone we are getting spikes of 500-1000 ms and it is unplayable. This has only...