: High latency on series s. I’m from India.

Discus and support : High latency on series s. I’m from India. in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : High latency on series s. I’m from India. I just got my series s and I did a connection checkup and my latency is 200+. I had this issue on my Xbox... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by adikoolgamer, Jan 9, 2021.

1. adikoolgamer
    adikoolgamer Guest

I just got my series s and I did a connection checkup and my latency is 200+. I had this issue on my Xbox one too and it started back in September.

I live in West New Delhi and I have a 100mbps Airtel broadband connection. I have checked latency on other devices too and it’s around 20-50.

Is anyone else facing this issue?

How can I fix this?

I tried all the solutions I could find online on Xbox one but it didn’t fix the issue.

I am using a wireless connection and I have been using a wireless connection for past 6 years and I never faced this issue until September 2020.
    When I use the 5ghz option I get 200-250 latency but if I switch to 2.5ghz then I get 150-200.

Please help me.

I have

TP-Link 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Smart Wifi Router

:)

adikoolgamer, Jan 9, 2021
  2. Sanmans Win User

Why High Latency in India

Hi are you using wi-fi or wired connection to your xbox one?

Use a wired network if possible.

You’ll always get the highest-quality video, lowest-latency gameplay, and least interference when streaming over a wired Ethernet network. If possible, connect both your Windows 10 PC and your Xbox One console to your home network with Ethernet cables.

Note If you can’t create a wired connection because of the distance between your console and your home networking device, the following two options might help. Consider investing in one of these to help you take advantage of the existing wiring in your home:

Powerline network adapters. These adapters enable you to use the existing electrical wiring of your home as a high-speed wired network.

Multimedia over Coax (MoCA). These adapters enable you to use the existing coaxial cable wiring of your home as a high-speed wired network.

Try Microsoft Network Speed Test for PC.

https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9WZDNCRFHX52

Speedtest from your computer, by default, always perform IP connectivity test against a well-known node, closest to where you are geographically located from this node. Whenever you test your Xbox One for connectivity with a basic IP connectivity, (ping)
    it will be measured against a node located in Seattle, WA.

Try speedtest.net or one from the list below from your computer against a node located in Seattle, WA, or a well-known node within WA and India.

Speedtest.net

Speakeasy Speedtest

CNET Bandwidth Meter Online Speedtest

Bandwidthplace Speedtest

[table][tr][td]Check your overall bandwidth and connection speedCheck your overall bandwidth and connection speed
    1. Verify the speed of your Internet connection. To verify the speed of your Internet connection, visit one of the following websites:
    2. Write down the following information from your speed test results:
      • Download speed
      • Upload speed
      • Ping/latencyNote Having this information handy will make the discussion easier if you have to contact your ISP later.
    3. Compare your speed test results to the minimum requirements listed below. We recommend the following speeds as minimum requirements for the best connection experience:
    [table][tr][td] [/td][td]Online gaming[/td][td]SD video streaming[/td][td]HD video streaming[/td][/tr][tr][td]Download speed[/td][td]3 megabits per second[/td][td]1 megabit per second[/td][td]3.5 megabits per second[/td][/tr][tr][td]Upload speed[/td][td]5 megabits per second[/td][td]N/A[/td][td]N/A[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ping/latency[/td][td]Less than 150 milliseconds[/td][td]Less than 150 milliseconds[/td][td]Less than 150 milliseconds[/td][/tr][/table]

[/td]
    [/tr]

[/table]

Here are some links for troubleshooting your problem.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one/networking

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-settings

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/troubleshooting/improve-game-streaming-performance

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/networking/slow-performance-solution

Good Luck and contact support again if the above information does not resolve your issues.

David ()
  3. creamer8141 Win User

Why High Latency in India

Hi are you using wi-fi or wired connection to your xbox one?

Use a wired network if possible.

You’ll always get the highest-quality video, lowest-latency gameplay, and least interference when streaming over a wired Ethernet network. If possible, connect both your Windows 10 PC and your Xbox One console to your home network with Ethernet cables.

Note If you can’t create a wired connection because of the distance between your console and your home networking device, the following two options might help. Consider investing in one of these to help you take advantage of the existing wiring in your home:

Powerline network adapters. These adapters enable you to use the existing electrical wiring of your home as a high-speed wired network.

Multimedia over Coax (MoCA). These adapters enable you to use the existing coaxial cable wiring of your home as a high-speed wired network.

Try Microsoft Network Speed Test for PC.

https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9WZDNCRFHX52

Speedtest from your computer, by default, always perform IP connectivity test against a well-known node, closest to where you are geographically located from this node. Whenever you test your Xbox One for connectivity with a basic IP connectivity, (ping)
    it will be measured against a node located in Seattle, WA.

Try speedtest.net or one from the list below from your computer against a node located in Seattle, WA, or a well-known node within WA and India.

Speedtest.net

Speakeasy Speedtest

CNET Bandwidth Meter Online Speedtest

Bandwidthplace Speedtest

[table][tr][td]Check your overall bandwidth and connection speedCheck your overall bandwidth and connection speed
    1. Verify the speed of your Internet connection. To verify the speed of your Internet connection, visit one of the following websites:
    2. Write down the following information from your speed test results:
      • Download speed
      • Upload speed
      • Ping/latencyNote Having this information handy will make the discussion easier if you have to contact your ISP later.
    3. Compare your speed test results to the minimum requirements listed below. We recommend the following speeds as minimum requirements for the best connection experience:
    [table][tr][td] [/td][td]Online gaming[/td][td]SD video streaming[/td][td]HD video streaming[/td][/tr][tr][td]Download speed[/td][td]3 megabits per second[/td][td]1 megabit per second[/td][td]3.5 megabits per second[/td][/tr][tr][td]Upload speed[/td][td]5 megabits per second[/td][td]N/A[/td][td]N/A[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ping/latency[/td][td]Less than 150 milliseconds[/td][td]Less than 150 milliseconds[/td][td]Less than 150 milliseconds[/td][/tr][/table]

[/td]
    [/tr]

[/table]

Here are some links for troubleshooting your problem.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one/networking

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-settings

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/troubleshooting/improve-game-streaming-performance

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/networking/slow-performance-solution

Good Luck and contact support again if the above information does not resolve your issues.

David (Sanmans)
    Hey David thank you for this advise but my xbox is already connected with Ethernet cable and i done every troubleshooting steps by Microsoft/xbox but there is nothing to happen. But you said above for powerline network adapter i really need? Please help
    me if you know some other solutions.
  4. Heartful Wolf Win User

latency

Well every game I get put into is 80-100ms latency. So I’m just curious why the Xbox latency is still that high.
  5. The English Gamer Win User

What will the next Xbox be called?

it will be called "nobox series HL (high latency) - xcloud edition
  6. ATCUSN Win User

Xbox Series X HDCP Issue

It’s not the TV I have no problems with my Xbox 1X or my PS5 they work perfectly fine same TV same receiver same eARC setup.

I’ve already done multiple factory resets.

Between the HDCP problem and the horrible input latency my Series X is nothing more than a paper weight.

I’m not the only user having HDCP issues with the Series X and Series S especially when using eARC there are 100’s of complaints on this forum and Reddit.
Thema:

1. : High latency on series s. I’m from India. - Similar Threads - High latency series

2. How do I fix high latency when everything else is really good and running well when the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix high latency when everything else is really good and running well when the...: My xbox has been having connection issues for a while now and I have tried a lot of stuff to fix it and it isn't wifi cause my connection for upload speed and everything else is really good but...
  3. HIGH LATENCY WAS 173 BUT I CAN'T GET PASSED 148 MS ITS DRIVE ME CRAZY

in XBoX on Consoles
    HIGH LATENCY WAS 173 BUT I CAN'T GET PASSED 148 MS ITS DRIVE ME CRAZY: Hi people GAZ HERE CAN ANY ONE please help or forward the bad news ...and I'll have to try start dealing with it...I know I'm not going to have xbox 1 run the same as xbox x. ..... as I have had...
  4. My latency is extremely high in I’m trying to fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My latency is extremely high in I’m trying to fix it: I’m trying to get my latency to drop bro it’s not working for some reason f121275a-60c0-4280-91ae-a514021a76a1
  5. Need help fixing high latency on wired connection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help fixing high latency on wired connection.: I have an Xbox Series S on wired internet connection, with a download speed of 300 MB and upload of 75 MB. My latency in Xbox Network statistics and in Halo Infinite is of 100-140 ms. It's...
  6. Very high latency can u please help me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Very high latency can u please help me: have very hi latency on Xbox series s I ran a network test on test network speed & statistics and I’m getting a latency of 202 I believe that is causing me delay and lag on nba 2k24 can u please...
  7. Latency Variation's and high ping despite seemingly good internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Latency Variation's and high ping despite seemingly good internet: Hello, I recently have encountered issue where I have very high latency variation across all games. It happened seemingly overnight and have tried all sorts of things to resolve the issue. I tried...
  8. High latency on xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    High latency on xbox network: Hello my name is nabil its been over a year or so thats need soultion to this problem gave me depression fifa or ea fc is the only reasone i play or bouth the game done evrything have my internet...
  9. high latency on my xbox series s randomly?

in XboX Insiders
    high latency on my xbox series s randomly?: does anybody know why i have high latency on my xbox only? everything else runs fine (PC, phone, TV, etc) i run speed test on different devices and the latency is around 30ms but on my xbox its...
  10. VERY HIGH LATENCY ON XBOX SERIES-S >180MS

in XBoX on Consoles
    VERY HIGH LATENCY ON XBOX SERIES-S >180MS: Hi, I have a high latency on my XBOX SERIES S over 180MS and the game I play FIFA 23 has about 30 MS ping. I am with AUSSIE BROADBAND and have great NBN plan. I have done a speed test on...