High Latency and Slow Download.

Discus and support High Latency and Slow Download. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Okay, so I'm experiencing high Latency and slow/low downloads. This problem only happens at night though. The normal settings for my Xbox One is 22... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KiLLFAIR729, Jan 2, 2014.

1. KiLLFAIR729
    KiLLFAIR729 Guest

Okay, so I'm experiencing high Latency and slow/low downloads. This problem only happens at night though. The normal settings for my Xbox One is 22 Down, 2.5 Up, and 72 ms Latency. At night it goes to 4-12 Down, it stays at the correct Up, but the latency
    goes all the way to 160+ Latency. I have a wired connection. I thought it may be the ethernet cable, so i unplugged it from the X1, and plugged it into my PC. My PC showed very normal Download, Upload, and Latency stats. So now I'm stuck wondering why this
    is happening, and only happening during the night. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

KiLLFAIR729, Jan 2, 2014
  2. Stoyvensen
    Stoyvensen Guest
    Xbox speed test

Latency seems a bit high. Download speeds are good and upload speeds are decent.

Stoyvensen, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Horrible Latency Problems

My Xbox One has a wireless connection to my internet router and i seem to be having lots of problems with my latency. I normally get 15Mbps download speed and around 1Mbps upload speed but then my latency is rocketing up to 200 or even higher. Is there any
    way i can fix the high latency or not.

BoonanaPickle, Jan 2, 2014
  4. RUB83R P1G
    RUB83R P1G Guest

What i find is that at night more people around you are on the internet e.g: people are back from work. This happens to me as well as at night i can hardly download 200mb but in the mornings i can download 10+GB in 2-3 hours. So if you have to download anything
    large do it early in the morning.

RUB83R P1G, Jan 3, 2014
  5. KiLLFAIR729
    KiLLFAIR729 Guest
    Thanks RUB83R P1G, you're right. As the night went on, the latency got better. It started t around 9 PM EST, and then fixed itself by midnight, which makes perfect sense.

KiLLFAIR729, Oct 31, 2018
  6. RUB83R P1G Win User

What i find is that at night more people around you are on the internet e.g: people are back from work. This happens to me as well as at night i can hardly download 200mb but in the mornings i can download 10+GB in 2-3 hours. So if you have to download anything
    large do it early in the morning.
  7. KiLLFAIR729 Win User

Thanks RUB83R P1G, you're right. As the night went on, the latency got better. It started t around 9 PM EST, and then fixed itself by midnight, which makes perfect sense.
  8. Stoyvensen Win User

Xbox speed test

Latency seems a bit high. Download speeds are good and upload speeds are decent.
  9. RFC McCoist 72 Win User

Can change Nat type from mod to open

the only thing i have now to try sort download speed is 73.95 MBPS - upload speed is 17.47Mbps but my latency is 157ms n mtu 1480 was told my latency is to high
  10. iProd Cows Win User

High latency

Then why every game do i get red dot and lag all over the place no one else seems to get this issue?
Thema:

1. High Latency and Slow Download. - Similar Threads - High Latency Slow

2. Xbox Series S randomly disconnects from 5GHz wifi, very high latency when on 2.4GHz. Need...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S randomly disconnects from 5GHz wifi, very high latency when on 2.4GHz. Need...: Hi all, I just bought an Xbox Series S and experienced serious connectivity issues since. For logistic reasons I cannot connect the Xbox via ethernet, otherwise I would have skipped wifi...
  3. High latency and double nat

in XBoX on Consoles
    High latency and double nat: How do I fix high latency issues and double nat 7c85e7e0-f193-4938-879d-c1f2459260d7
  4. What latency here is always too high in KSA (Middle East)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What latency here is always too high in KSA (Middle East)?: My newly purchased Xbox headset can't join a party. Apparently, the only way worked with me so far is connecting to a party through my Xbox app through my phone . Never faced such an issue with...
  5. XBOX Latency is so high, causing online lag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Latency is so high, causing online lag: Can anyone help with why my Xbox latency is so high when I do a speed test on my Xbox? It always shows around a 160ms even though my upload and download speeds are good? Playing online games like...
  6. so i have a xbox one s and my latency is very high all of a sudden and speed is fine but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so i have a xbox one s and my latency is very high all of a sudden and speed is fine but...: so i have a xbox one and my latency is very high which is not normal but on other devices it is low if i mess around with manual port selection some times latency is better...
  7. Xbox Series S has large ping spikes and high latency

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S has large ping spikes and high latency: For the first couple of months I had my new Xbox series s I experienced little to no issues at all, however one day out of no where my Xbox started to have lag spikes going up to 500 to 600 ping...
  8. high Latency

in XBoX on Consoles
    high Latency: I have read every post I could find on this subject. not a single 1 of you ambassadors has been any help. tells me they do not know ****. They are $#$%^&*() worthless. if this is due to overloaded...
  9. Consistent high latency when doing network speed test on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Consistent high latency when doing network speed test on my series X: I have had my series X for a while now and have noticed that I have a consistent latency of around 180ms I have checked my region settings and know for a fact that my wifi sits at around 9-10 ms...
  10. high latency Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    high latency Xbox One: Xbox one high latency 160/170ms wired connection tplink ac1200 router, open nat 18ad4e82-5e20-4000-aeec-53879103fe91