High end headsets, confused! Astros vs turtle beach.

Discus and support High end headsets, confused! Astros vs turtle beach. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i bought a lovely new set of turtle beach 800x last week. They have a slight issue where when noise cancelling is on I can hear a humming, and the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by l am Chaz, Jan 8, 2016.

1. l am Chaz
    l am Chaz Guest

i bought a lovely new set of turtle beach 800x last week. They have a slight issue where when noise cancelling is on I can hear a humming, and the right ear I can hear something moving. It's very off putting! Also noise cancelling doesn't seem to do anything,
    except take my voice out of the speakers when chatting is that correct?

im thinking of returning them because of this (turtle beach have not responded to my email about the issue)

also slight issues are they are slightly uncomfortable after a few hours, and I think yesterday the battery only lasted around 4 hours, but I'll have to retry that today.

although I'm complaining I am impressed by them except the strange noise, and turtle beach's slow response to the issue. Good upgrade from my 420x.

im thinking of trading them in and getting Astros. They seem to get better reviews. I can't work out which ones work with XB1 and which is the best option! I have a new style controller with 3.5mm jack.

so can I buy any A50s and have them wireless except the chat cable? Is the chat cable 2.5mm, so I'll need an adaptor to 3.5mm?

i don't mind the thought of wired A40s, as long as the cable are replaceable? And I don't understand the different models, and what the 'mix amp' does.

and help appreciated.

:)

l am Chaz, Jan 8, 2016
  2. CalGoo
    CalGoo Guest
    Can't chat and can't hear others talking when plugging headset into controller

1. Correct

2. For the Turtle Beach headset, yes. For the Astros, I am using the Astro supplied adapter.

3. Turtle Beach PX3, Astro A50

CalGoo, Jan 8, 2016
  3. bulletmagnet
    bulletmagnet Guest
    bulletmagnet, Jan 8, 2016
  4. Spacman77 Win User

Gaming Headsets

Going by what a lot of you tube and other reviews online have said. The mic sound quality on the a50 isn't very good and on the turtle beach the volume isn't very high. Not sure if this is something both astro and turtle beach can fix with a firmware update
    (or if they already have)but for high end high priced headset this should be! Saying that, the turtle beach volume issue seems to be inconstitant on reviews. Some saying it's to low and some saying it's load enough.
  5. CalGoo Win User

Can't chat and can't hear others talking when plugging headset into controller

1. Correct

2. For the Turtle Beach headset, yes. For the Astros, I am using the Astro supplied adapter.

3. Turtle Beach PX3, Astro A50
  6. Murderstyle75 Win User

headset purchasing decision overload

If for some reason you didn't like them, you could always exchange them for the Turtle Beach. Here is a comparison of the a40's which is the wired version of the A50's vs the XP500. They touch base with comfort as well.

communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/.../33446-turtle-beach-xp500-vs-astro-a40-headset-showdown

But if you really do have to insist on Turtle Beach, you might want to look into the Tangos as well which are a step up from the XP500. The Tango is a MUCH nicer headset than the XP400/500, It sounds better, offers a rechargeable battery, interference-free
    Dual Band WiFi, has more powerful presets, memory foam and leatherette ear cushions.
  7. SpiiT RhymeS Win User

Headsets ?

For those that like Turtle Beach headsets, have you ever tried Astro A40/A50 or Tritton Pro/720? I had Turtle Beaches as my first headset and I thought they were the sh*t, but when I tried Astro A40s and Tritton Pro +, they blew Turtle Beaches away. And
    I've owned the TB XP 500, which is considered the top TB headset. They come nowhere near Astro or Tritton IMO.
  8. T3KN1KA Win User

i need your opinion!

Based on your budget, I suggest the Turtle Beach XP400 or the upcoming Turtle Beach X-Ray.

Here is the link to my thread with an upcoming review and comparison of the Turtle Beach Tango vs. Turtle Beach Delta/XP500 vs. Astro A50.

forums.xbox.com/.../363592.aspx
Thema:

1. High end headsets, confused! Astros vs turtle beach. - Similar Threads - High end headsets

2. Please explain why you would create an new high end x box and only have ONE hdmi output so...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please explain why you would create an new high end x box and only have ONE hdmi output so...: I feel like i did not do enough research on the series x, but in my defense I did not need more than one screen originally. However with MS flight simulator I need to have three for doing any real...
  3. Discussion: Do you think the 10th generation high-end Xbox will be more than $750 plus tax,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Discussion: Do you think the 10th generation high-end Xbox will be more than $750 plus tax,...: I plan to turn $766 into $888 to get a 10th generation high-end Xbox by the end of the 2020s. By then, my Xbox One X won't be worth any money to not only a retailer, but also to anyone using...
  4. Judder, stuttering and all kinds of issues in games running well above 60 fps on High end PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Judder, stuttering and all kinds of issues in games running well above 60 fps on High end PC: Hey all, I have a pretty high end gaming PC, specs are below: i9 12900k MSI Suprim X 3080 ti DDR 5 ram, corsair dominator 5600 mhz Asus Z-690-E Gaming Wifi Mobo Asus Thor 1200W Platinum PSU...
  5. Halo: TMCC mouse movement broken on high end mouse

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo: TMCC mouse movement broken on high end mouse: Hello, if you use a high-end mouse (in my case Logitech G502) in Halo: TMCC, the mouse movement becomes stuttering and the game lags unplayably. - The issue persists for patches worth a year...
  6. Fligh Simulator 2020 crash with black screen after few minutes in high end configuration -...

in XBoX on Windows
    Fligh Simulator 2020 crash with black screen after few minutes in high end configuration -...: Hello after FS 2020 installation the software suggested graphic level 'high end' Unfortunately FS crash after few minutes with a blank screen Only workaroud I found is reduce graphic level to...
  7. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 low fps despite high end pc.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 low fps despite high end pc.: I recently purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator. I have a r7 2700x for my processor and a gtx 1070. I have tried everything in the XBOX optimizations page for MSFS. I did the compatibility check...
  8. State of Decay 2 DayBreak keeps crashing randomly on PC/high end Desktop

in XBoX on Windows
    State of Decay 2 DayBreak keeps crashing randomly on PC/high end Desktop: Look I have a top of the line computer running on high settings I switched to medium because a youtube video told me that's what fixed his problem. I thought it worked as last night I got 2...
  9. No high end blunt weapons for sale or to find when reaching survivor rank 25?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No high end blunt weapons for sale or to find when reaching survivor rank 25?: WTF is up with that?....all I find is blade weapons now...even the thugs have blade weapons when I kill them...so stupid. 1ca32dd2-8986-4b96-8fe7-61b2ba630d43
  10. Will a new high end router improve my fps gameplay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will a new high end router improve my fps gameplay: if this isn't in the right section, I'm sorry. Let me start by saying that i don't know much about routers or internet for that matter. I was wondering if i got a high end router, such as a...