High DPC latency causing full audio dropouts on my audio interface

Discus and support High DPC latency causing full audio dropouts on my audio interface in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been troubleshooting since December, I've uninstalled and reinstalled so many drivers, I've reinstalled Windows. I've updated my Bios, I've... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Darkly1001, May 24, 2023.

1. Darkly1001
    Darkly1001 Guest

I have been troubleshooting since December, I've uninstalled and reinstalled so many drivers, I've reinstalled Windows. I've updated my Bios, I've checked all my power settings, I've unplugged old drives. I am fully at a loss on where to take this next, so I beseech thee here on the Microsoft forums. Please help me. I just wanted to play Rocksmith with low latency, that's all I've ever wanted. All I've done was open up a Pandora's Box of issues.

High DPC latency causing full audio dropouts on my audio interface [​IMG]

***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Devices and drivers***

:)

Darkly1001, May 24, 2023
  2. Yuhao Li - MSFT Win User

Hello, Darkly1001

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

If you have performed a reinstallation of the Windows operating system and continue to experience latency issues, it is improbable that the operating system itself is the root cause. Instead, it is more probable that the issue lies with either the hardware components or the game software. It is recommended that you seek guidance from the respective hardware manufacturer or Ubisoft, depending on the specific circumstances.

Furthermore, given your expressed desire for optimal latency while playing Rocksmith, your post will be relocated to the appropriate section, where individuals with specialized expertise in this section can readily access it and endeavor to assist you in resolving the matter.

Here are some tips which may help:

• Don’t use HDMI for audio. HDMI cables can introduce latency because they have to process both video and audio signals. Use a different audio cable, such as an analog or optical one, to connect your PC to your speakers or headphones.
    • Use an internal soundcard. External soundcards or USB devices can also cause latency because they have to communicate with the PC through a USB port. If possible, use an internal soundcard that is built into your PC or motherboard, and make sure it has the latest drivers installed.
    • Configure the game options. Rocksmith has some settings that can affect the latency, such as the bit size and the latency slider. You can try lowering these values to see if it improves the performance. You can also reset the game options to the factory default settings if you are not sure what to change.
    • Check your cables and ports. Make sure your Rocksmith cable and your audio cable are plugged into the correct ports on your PC and are not loose or damaged. Also, avoid using any adapters or splitters that can interfere with the signal quality.
    • Avoid overheating. If your PC gets too hot, it can slow down its performance and cause latency issues. Make sure your PC is well ventilated and has enough space around it. You can also use a cooling fan or a laptop stand to prevent overheating. If your PC is still hot, turn it off for a while and let it cool down before playing again.

Feel free to let us know if you have any other concerns.

Best regards

Yuhao Li

Microsoft Community Technical Support
  3. Yuhao Li - MSFT Win User

To contact Ubisoft, visit this page: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/company/contact-us

Disclaimer: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information. The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
  4. HisSvt2 Win User

Total system crash on Xbox One S while running a UHD 4K BluRay & no ATMOS or DTS X.

deadpool played for me in 4k but froze at spots with audio dropout and frozen picture
  5. RoDi 117 Win User

XBox One: Screen turns black / loses sound for 1-2 seconds while Game / Video continues playing in background

Not had this problem with the Xbox One yet however i did have this problem with my 360, have you tried changing your HDMI cable as with my 360 it turned out that my HDMI cable had become faulty and was causing the same audio and visual dropouts like you
    described
  6. pauliejoseph Win User

Confusion with power bricks.

^^^^^^No where it says A / V stands for audio, video. HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is a separate port that transfers audio and video in the same cable and it is clearly stated on the XBOX. It will say on the back (HDMI) So if you don't know
    if you have it, then it is pretty safe to say you don't.
Thema:

1. High DPC latency causing full audio dropouts on my audio interface - Similar Threads - High DPC latency

2. How do I fix high latency when everything else is really good and running well when the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix high latency when everything else is really good and running well when the...: My xbox has been having connection issues for a while now and I have tried a lot of stuff to fix it and it isn't wifi cause my connection for upload speed and everything else is really good but...
  3. Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help: Please help my xbox just went high ping out of nowhere. Tried different dns doesn't help, and my signal strength is 100% submitted by /u/LFC_Lad [link] [comments]
  4. I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...: There is no high performance option in my power plans and I tried to fix it by going in regedit to figure it out but i am too scared to mess up something in my computer so I didn't do anything in...
  5. I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it...: I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it doesn’t recognize the controller’s inputs. How do i make it work? 7a711a01-6926-4bae-b764-fcb7f3cc2107
  6. High ping on Xbox X even on ethernet.

in XboX Insiders
    High ping on Xbox X even on ethernet.: Hello! I’ve been having some trouble with my connection lately and wanted to see if anyone could please help. My console is connected to my router through ethernet. I mainly play FIFA (EAFC24),...
  7. Roblox website/game lag spiking and high ping problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Roblox website/game lag spiking and high ping problems: i was just playing the game, suddenly i notice the high ping and lag spikes. from my usual 160-200 ms it became 400+ ms with spikes to 1000ms and more obviusly like this the game is unplayable...
  8. High Packet loss, how do I go about fixing this? Thank you.

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Packet loss, how do I go about fixing this? Thank you.: My Xbox series X is showing that I have high packet loss. How do I resolve this? Thank you. 7d6012e1-5d69-49ee-b217-1f85f9637990
  9. When i hopped on my xbox today, i turned on with a high contrast, i dont know how to turn...

in XBoX on Windows
    When i hopped on my xbox today, i turned on with a high contrast, i dont know how to turn...: How do i get rid of the high contrast on my xbox, i cant see anything on my screen 0447d0b0-2a39-4589-8dd3-8b2137994f52
  10. HIGH LATENCY WAS 173 BUT I CAN'T GET PASSED 148 MS ITS DRIVE ME CRAZY

in XBoX on Consoles
    HIGH LATENCY WAS 173 BUT I CAN'T GET PASSED 148 MS ITS DRIVE ME CRAZY: Hi people GAZ HERE CAN ANY ONE please help or forward the bad news ...and I'll have to try start dealing with it...I know I'm not going to have xbox 1 run the same as xbox x. ..... as I have had...