High bandwidth usage and disconnection to XBL on Series X

Discus and support High bandwidth usage and disconnection to XBL on Series X in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; High bandwidth usage and disconnection to XBL on Series X Hi, A Petabyte is 1,000 Terabytes. Downloading just 1 Petabyte would be impossible in a... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by TYLERTMAC24, Feb 17, 2021.

1. TYLERTMAC24
    TYLERTMAC24 Guest

Hi,

A Petabyte is 1,000 Terabytes. Downloading just 1 Petabyte would be impossible in a single month alone ( or indeed a decade) so 27.5 is bug in the consoles data reporting. It's quite common, nothing to worry about.

Your router settings screen should be able to provide the real figures.

Disconnecting from Live or games would be a separate issue.

:)

TYLERTMAC24, Feb 17, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

A Petabyte is 1,000 Terabytes. Downloading just 1 Petabyte would be impossible in a single month alone ( or indeed a decade) so 27.5 is bug in the consoles data reporting. It's quite common, nothing to worry about.

Your router settings screen should be able to provide the real figures.

Disconnecting from Live or games would be a separate issue.
  3. luissolid Win User

Wifi question.

Right now Microsoft reduce the download speed from content to reduce the bandwidth due to the high peak usage. Regards!
  4. Hoskayra Win User

Bandwith Usage Question

Hi Naviv, my name is Oskayra it is my pleasure to answer your question:

If you set the refresh period to 1 day, the Xbox Series X console will collect bandwidth usage data for 24 hours and then update it in the Settings panel. This will allow you to see how your bandwidth has been used over the previous day.

If you want to delete or reset your bandwidth usage for a month, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & System > Settings.
    3. Select System > Updates & Downloads.
    4. 4. Select Bandwidth Usage.
    5. 5. Select Reset.

This will clear all bandwidth usage data for the current month.

You can also clear or reset the bandwidth usage for a specific game or application. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select My Games and Apps.

3. Select the game or application you want to delete or reset.

4. 4. Select More Options > Game Information.
    5. Scroll down to the "Bandwidth Usage" section and select Reset.

This will remove all bandwidth usage data for that game or application.

Regards, Oskayra
  5. Four-Channel Win User

Xbox live disconnection

Did you contact your ISP about this? It could be something about either bandwidth issues you are receiving or even restrictions on the length for high end usage, are you using Cable? If you've got a cable hog on your end it will cause disconnection problems,
    that's one of the issues with cable, if you're on the end of the block then the person before you can steal all the bandwidth, so check with your ISP as well.
  6. Mister Beep Win User

What is this?!?!

Hey LadyJadey,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to see the high bandwidth usage! Has your Xbox One's data usage looked accurate after 5/31? This may have been a visual bug, and your Xbox One console most likely has not reached anywhere near 3,600 TB of data usage. The most
    reliable tool to check internet usage will be through your ISP. Any bandwidth usage your Xbox One console actually uses will reflect on the ISP side. I would not worry about your Xbox One console using that much data unless your ISP is reflecting the same
    amount of usage.

Hope this helps clear up the issue!
Thema:

1. High bandwidth usage and disconnection to XBL on Series X - Similar Threads - High bandwidth usage

2. How do I fix high latency when everything else is really good and running well when the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix high latency when everything else is really good and running well when the...: My xbox has been having connection issues for a while now and I have tried a lot of stuff to fix it and it isn't wifi cause my connection for upload speed and everything else is really good but...
  3. Audio stutters on Xbox Wireless Headset when high network bandwidth is being used (Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    Audio stutters on Xbox Wireless Headset when high network bandwidth is being used (Xbox...: I just want to report an issue which is plaguing my Xbox Series X since November until today, even on latest stable/production Dashboard OS. Basically every time the console is using network...
  4. Why is my bandwidth usage so astronomically high

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Why is my bandwidth usage so astronomically high: Why is my bandwidth usage so astronomically high The historical bandwith is probably shown wrong. To get accurate numbers, i would recommend to calculate the Data use, as u see on the left side...
  5. Xbox One Bandwidth Usage is too High. (thousands of TBs)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Bandwidth Usage is too High. (thousands of TBs): Hello, I was checking the Bandwidth usage to see how much data have my console been using and it's showing that it's using thousands of TBs. How is it even possible?, My router doesn't show me...
  6. High bandwidth usage; Xbox uploads lots of data

in XBoX on Consoles
    High bandwidth usage; Xbox uploads lots of data: My Xbox (early gen) uploads alot of data when VIEWING online steams. Whilst using Amazon Prime it uploads over 100mb an hour. YouTube is the same. I am not broadcasting streams, nor uploading...
  7. Video Bandwidth Problem - But Passed "Very High" speed test

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Video Bandwidth Problem - But Passed "Very High" speed test: I have my PC and XBOX on a wired GigaByte connection and my PC Win 10 XBox App passed all connection test up to "Very High" using the latest XBOX APP Version "14.something.something.something" - I...
  8. Fallout 4 high internet/bandwidth use?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 4 high internet/bandwidth use?: So I've been playing Fallout 4 for the last couple of days and I've noticed that my modem usage LED has been going nuts so to speak. It's constantly showing usage. I'm new to the XBox1, 360 for...
  9. Slow log-on, slow game load and high use of bandwidth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow log-on, slow game load and high use of bandwidth: Just bought an xbox one. Lots of great stuff but some issues. 1 I have Hughes net and have 100gb day and another 100 gbs night. The other night when no one was on, the xbox used up 69 of the...
  10. Bandwidth too high.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bandwidth too high.: So I have been having issues the last few months with my internet usage suddenly becoming extremely high and exceeding our bandwidth limit. Today I have been having trouble with downloading...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series x bandwidth usage

2. xbox series x high bandwidth usage

3. xbox series x reduce bandwidth