Hide real name from Xbox Dashboard

Discus and support Hide real name from Xbox Dashboard in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, this is more a feature request than a question. I want to hide the real name and email from the xbox dashboard (shown in the upper left corner).... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MikeThomson1708, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Hide real name from Xbox Dashboard

Hi,

this is more a feature request than a question. I want to hide the real name and email from the xbox dashboard (shown in the upper left corner). In case of streaming I don't want to show others my real name and email when switching to the dashboard. Or is there an option already that i haven't found yet?

Greetings,

Mike

:)

MikeThomson1708, Oct 6, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

MikeThomson1708, the best way for you to send a suggestion directly to the responsible team is by downloading the HUB app on your windows, and sending that suggestion there.

Another question would be if you are broadcasting on Twitch, send the suggestion directly to their team as well.

Suggestions are always welcome

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. RainingRoses Win User

Hi Mike,

You can hide your email address from the Xbox dashboard in Settings > Account > Sign-in, security & passkey, then toggle off the ‘Show on Home’ option for your email address:

Add or hide your email address on your Xbox Home screen | Xbox Support

As far as I know, there’s unfortunately not currently any way to hide your real name though. You can control who is able to see your name in your profile and edit it, however. This is in your privacy settings - to access this on console: Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox privacy, then select Profile under customise. There are options from there to edit your real name and decide who to allow (everyone, friends, specific friends, or block) for it to appear visible to.

The official Xbox Idea Hub would be the best place to request any features and share feedback:

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas/

Hope this helps.
  4. Belen T.C. Win User

How do I hide my real name from the Xbox One dashboard?

Hello A. User,

I sincerely apologize for the delayed response and if I missed some information in your original post. As per this thread (Hide real name from Xbox Dashboard - Microsoft Community), there's no option to hide the real name on your Xbox dashboard, only the email. However, you can edit your name or how your name appears from your Microsoft account settings. You can go to Microsoft account | Home. Select Your info, select Edit name, and then update the name you want others to see.

You can also manage the people who can see your real name by going to Profile & system > Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox Live privacy on your Xbox Console.

For your reference, you may also check this link: Real name sharing on Xbox | Xbox Support

I hope this information helps. If you need further assistance, you can contact Xbox Live Support. You can reach them on this link: Contact us | Xbox Support. Click on "Contact Us" to chat with Live Support or request a callback.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. ae415793-d966-42c8-9 Win User

replied.. I already said everything in the original post.. You just didn't read it.
  6. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello WarMetalGreyMon,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the display of your real name on the Xbox One dashboard. We understand your concern about privacy, especially when playing in public places or while streaming.

To hide your real name from the Xbox One dashboard, please follow these steps:

- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

- Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox Live privacy.

- Select View details & customize > Profile.

- Select Others can see your real name and choose who can see it. You can select Nobody, Friends, or Specific friends.

- Press the B button to go back to the previous screen.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Hide real name from Xbox Dashboard - Similar Threads - Hide real name

2. Anyway to hide bottom of spotify widget?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyway to hide bottom of spotify widget?: I don't want the "open spotify". Just everything above it, is this possible, or is there an alternative widget? Example: https://i.imgur.com/nFqwDV0.png submitted by /u/CCEShieldIsReady...
  3. can i hide my xbox gold badge on my profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    can i hide my xbox gold badge on my profile?: is there a way i can hide this xbox gold 2003-2023 badge off my profile? i don’t really like the way the badge looks on my profile and would like to remove it if possible...
  4. How do I hide my real name from the Xbox One dashboard?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I hide my real name from the Xbox One dashboard?: So in the top left of the screen it shows my real name and it is honestly very annoying.. I have to play my Xbox One in a public place sometimes with strangers, so I definitely don't want them to...
  5. Why does minecraft is hiding a secret? When I just play a minecraft, I just saw a cross...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does minecraft is hiding a secret? When I just play a minecraft, I just saw a cross...: Does has a CROSSES THINGS found on Minecraft? Or Why does Minecraft has crosses? To solve this problem, I wanna know if this myth is real or not, becuase I've been seen a scary things found on...
  6. Easy hide feature needs to be added.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Easy hide feature needs to be added.: Why can I not hide games I do not want to see again from my achievement list? I don’t even think to delete them, just hide them for me and from friends. It’s such an easy feature, will it...
  7. Can I hide my Xbox gold badge on my profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I hide my Xbox gold badge on my profile: Hey there, is there a way I can hide this Xbox gold 2003-2023 badge off my profile? I don’t really like the way badges look on the profile and would like it not to be there if possible....
  8. How do I mute and hide the screenshot notification without muting any other notification...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I mute and hide the screenshot notification without muting any other notification...: Why is the world so cruel, I just want to play with fun and not mute everything. Just this blinding red notification toast which ALWAYS appears when I make a screenshot, ALSO it MAKES A SOUND,...
  9. Add option to "Hide" any game from Achievements list

in XboX Insiders
    Add option to "Hide" any game from Achievements list: Currently, Xbox allows you to "hide" any games in your achievements/play list as long as you have no gamerscore attached to it. I'd personally like the option to hide any games from my Xbox...
  10. Can't use Looking for Group, can't hide real name, club chats abruptly spitting out error

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can't use Looking for Group, can't hide real name, club chats abruptly spitting out error: I can't access certain pages or settings on the Xbox Android app that I can otherwise access through my physical Xbox. • Looking for Group says I need to set "Others can communicate with voice,...