Hi there, my hdmi port is not working on my xbox. I'd there some sort of adaptor that I can...

Discus and support Hi there, my hdmi port is not working on my xbox. I'd there some sort of adaptor that I can... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, my hdmi port is not working on my xbox. I'd there some sort of adaptor that I can get for the TV out part? Possibly plug into the USB on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lauloo_3, Apr 21, 2024.

1. lauloo_3
    lauloo_3 Guest

Hi there, my hdmi port is not working on my xbox. I'd there some sort of adaptor that I can...

Hi there, my hdmi port is not working on my xbox. I'd there some sort of adaptor that I can get for the TV out part? Possibly plug into the USB on the xbox and plug the hdmi into that?

:)

lauloo_3, Apr 21, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Hi there, my hdmi port is not working on my xbox. I'd there some sort of adaptor that I can get for the TV out part? Possibly plug into the USB on the xbox and plug the hdmi into that?

there is no ability to output video directly from the Xbox except for HDMI

you would have to have your system repaired
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

DisplayPort support

Hi,

I take it you've attempted to do this via an adaptor?

I'm going to disappoint you. Currently there are no HDMI 2.1 to DP 1.2 adaptors.

My guess is you've bought a DP to HDMI adaptor cable, correct? If you have, you've bought the wrong cable. These cables only go one way.

Buying an adaptor won't work anyway. Like I said earlier, there are no HDMI 2.1 or 2.0 to DP 1.2 cables. HDMI to DP cables are HDMI 1.4 which max out at 1080P @60Hz or 4K @30Hz, 1440 won't be an option.

They can't add Disport Port Support without a newly revised console with the port built in.
  4. Dynamic Sausage Win User

How do I connect an Xbox One to a computer monitor?

Any computer shop will be able to sort you out with a DVI/HDMI adaptor. It's literally a small box with a HDMI connection that goes in to a DVI port. Failing that you can easily get one from Amazon, eBay etc etc.

The Xbox obviously comes with HDMI so plugging that straight in will also work with no hassle at all.
  5. Lord Scorpio666 Win User

DisplayPort support

Hi,

I take it you've attempted to do this via an adaptor?

I'm going to disappoint you. Currently there are no HDMI 2.1 to DP 1.2 adaptors.

My guess is you've bought a DP to HDMI adaptor cable, correct? If you have, you've bought the wrong cable. These cables only go one way.

Buying an adaptor won't work anyway. Like I said earlier, there are no HDMI 2.1 or 2.0 to DP 1.2 cables. HDMI to DP cables are HDMI 1.4 which max out at 1080P @60Hz or 4K @30Hz, 1440 won't be an option.

They can't add Disport Port Support without a newly revised console with the port built in.
    Hey thanks for your answer, I have got display port 1.4 to hdmi 4k@120hz adapter, i thought it would be possible as I connect the HDMI coming from the xbox in the adapter then into the monitor, but nothing happened so i thought maybe a software update that reads the DP could fix it, but I'm just guessing, I don't know how it exactly works
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

So im trying to connect DISPLAYPORT to HDMI i have a cord and theres no display.. any solutions?

Hi,

If you're attempting to get around a display limitation on your Monitor I have to tell you now, it won't work. Firstly, there are no HDMI 2.1 or even 2.0 to DP adaptors. All the one's I've seen are HDMI 1.4 and these max out at 1080P @60Hz and 4K @30Hz. They also need to be 'Active', i.e. powered.

Secondly, these adaptors are not bi-directional, they only work one way. The reason why you're not getting any display is because you've likely bought a Display Port to HDMI instead of an HDMI to Display Port.

Even if you buy an adaptor in the right direction, you're not going to get to 120Hz at 1440P or 4K.
Thema:

1. Hi there, my hdmi port is not working on my xbox. I'd there some sort of adaptor that I can... - Similar Threads - hdmi port working

2. Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X issue. HDMI ARC port is no longer working.: Hi guys. I have a Onkyo TX NR 828 amp. I have a pen I have a . I have a series X plugged into my amp via HDMI. I have a HDMI cable from my HDMI arc connection on the amp to the . It was working...
  3. HDMI port not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI port not working: My HDMI port's not working I've used two different chords on three different TVs and every HDMI input on every TV and it just won't work b7a30886-3543-4296-9a74-186285590ac6
  4. Trade in Xbox One x 1tb hdmi port doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trade in Xbox One x 1tb hdmi port doesn't work: Can I trade in my 1x 1tb with fault hdmi f8b33c80-dabe-4cce-befb-57d471eef721
  5. my xbox series x's hdmi port just randomly stopped working when i was having problems with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x's hdmi port just randomly stopped working when i was having problems with...: i couldnt get it to work so i had to use my xbox one now so i wanna know how i can get a refund or something or atleast i want to be able to play teardown on my xbox one thanks sorry...
  6. My hdmi port isn’t working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My hdmi port isn’t working: Every time I plug in the Xbox one s it either says no signal or it goes to a black screen 65d8842b-028b-41b6-b300-fe7ec275c03e
  7. i wanted to find my ip address but my hdmi port dont work so i cant plug into tv so how can...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i wanted to find my ip address but my hdmi port dont work so i cant plug into tv so how can...: need ip address but i can not plug game up because it is broke and need fix 7f035a55-e140-413b-9658-d89743080ad5
  8. XBOX One showing no signal, same HDMI port and cable work fine for laptop?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One showing no signal, same HDMI port and cable work fine for laptop?: Hi there, My Xbox 1 is not showing video on my LG tv. I can hear game sounds but no video and it just says "no signal". I tried the same HDMI cord plugged into the same HDMI port on the TV with...
  9. My Xbox one s HDMI port will not work I need Microsoft to fix it but how long will it take and ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one s HDMI port will not work I need Microsoft to fix it but how long will it take and ...: I need to know how much it will cost to fix my xboxone s HDMI and how long it will take and where to go 64c0c942-3dda-4eab-b290-995cff7a432d
  10. HDMI in port does not work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HDMI in port does not work: I get the "signal was lost" error constantly when trying to view TV coming from my set-top-box through Xbox One. I think the problem started after the last update, but I cannot be sure since I...