Hi my xbox series s keeps overheating

Discus and support Hi my xbox series s keeps overheating in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi my xbox series s keeps overheating it's has good spot for cool air. It started around the time xbox announced they reworked the series s to squeeze... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DUTY EsKim0, Feb 22, 2023.

1. DUTY EsKim0
    DUTY EsKim0 Guest

Hi my xbox series s keeps overheating it's has good spot for cool air. It started around the time xbox announced they reworked the series s to squeeze extra 500mb of memory like after system updates it would finish the update fully then switch off after i got back to the dashboard. now it gets really hot real fast playing dead space remake Hogwarts and now Atomic Heart im pretty sure all of these games made use of that extra 500mb memory because for the first time since launch it actually gets noisy like xbox one did. I play few games like For Honor and the console is fine walk in the park but these new ones seem to be overheating it

:)

DUTY EsKim0, Feb 22, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

These are high end games. They generate heat. High end electronics get hot

Unless you get a message saying it overheated, it’s not a problem

For Honor is not a high end series title
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

The Series S is a small compact machine it gets hot when you play games. The heat isn't something you should be concerned about. However, if the fan is now noisy it suggests your console has a fault. In which case you may need to get it repaired.

This has nothing to do with any updates regarding extra RAM available for game use. Extra memory in the form of RAM does not increase system heat. I know this, I build my own gaming PCs. The way console's use RAM isn't any different.

The fact that you're having issues is a mere unfortunate coincidence. If this was a wide spread problem after a console update it would be all over the internet gaming press.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

My Xbox series s is overheating

High end electronics generate a lot of heat, it's perfectly normal

Unless you get an overheat message, it's not overheating

Games crash, especially large extremely complex open world games. Starfield is being continually patched so it's possible they'll fix whatever is causing your issue
  5. Jsaw86 Win User

My xbox series x keeps overheating

No it’s not normal for it to overheat during normal use. Normally I’d suggest a hard reset by holding the power button down. In this case, however, you might actually have a genuine cooling issue with your console, either a fan isn’t working, or the console may need to be opened and serviced with new thermal paste.

Consider sending it in for a repair so they can take a look.
  6. SammyVS Win User

My xbox series x keeps overheating

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

It is not normal. As you recently purchased the console, I would try to exchange it with the store. It would be faster than sending it to Microsoft.

If you need to send it to Microsoft, this link has instructions.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If you haven't tried, reset the console to factory defaults, you won't lose anything but you will need to log in with your account again. Email and password are required.

Follow this path and select reset keeping games and app.

In 5 to 10 minutes you will finish reconfiguring your console

To reset the console>

Settings> System> Console Info> Reset Console

***Do not reset your console without having your account email and password.***
Thema:

1. Hi my xbox series s keeps overheating - Similar Threads - series keeps overheating

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?: So about 3-4 days ago I came home and turned on my Xbox and went to YouTube. A few seconds after just launching the app, my Xbox shut down. I tried it a few times, soft reset my Xbox, and...
  4. My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged: I paired my controller, it shows 100% battery on bluetooth panel but then from time to time it disconnect for a few seconds but during gaming it's fatal because my character dies because of that....
  5. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  6. How come my Xbox Series X keeps encountering party chat errors and can not play online...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How come my Xbox Series X keeps encountering party chat errors and can not play online...: Recently my Xbox Series X has been having issues whenever I try to join or start a party with friends. Error code 0x89231806 will pop up and I have done literally everything I can to fix it. I put...
  7. My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.: Since a few Months now my Xbox disconnects first the Controller, and then the Internet. To reconnect, I have to Restart the Xbox. I tried another Controller, another Network, even playing with...
  8. Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet: I keep playing online games like Overwatch or siege and my Xbox disconnects from the internet and then reconnects. I’ve tried everything, I’ve turned off my wifi and turned it back on, I’ve...
  9. My Xbox series x keeps overheating when I play Fortnite and switches off the game but it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series x keeps overheating when I play Fortnite and switches off the game but it...: Is there anything I could do to fix this 4dadb505-e7b6-4ab3-b382-1c1cda309b61
  10. Series x keeps shutting off due to overheating when it’s blowing out cold air

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps shutting off due to overheating when it’s blowing out cold air: My series x has recently and unexpectedly Been completely shutting off due to “poor ventilation” despite it being completely clear of any other object and heating source, it also blows out cold...