Hi i cannot open xbox app, it just flashes and doesnt open, tried reinstall.

Discus and support Hi i cannot open xbox app, it just flashes and doesnt open, tried reinstall. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi i cannot open xbox app, it just flashes and doesnt open, tried reinstall. eb2ab6a3-eaed-4e42-8ebd-7f206b8a1927 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by matysto, Dec 1, 2021.

1. matysto
    matysto Guest

:)

matysto, Dec 1, 2021
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good afternoon

Microsoft has released an update to correct this issue. To install the update, follow these steps:

Select the Start button in the lower left corner of the main screen and select Settings.

Select Update and Security > Check for Updates.

Select View optional updates, then select update KB5004476 from the list.

KB5004476

Select Download and Install.

When the update is complete, restart the device.

You should now be able to install, update and launch games.

Are you still in trouble?

Create a notepad file with the following name:

"RepairGamingServices.ps1"

inside the file paste this text (if quotes):

"

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse

"

Then, to run, right-click on the file, and run as administrator. then restart windows. then you need to open the Xbox app from Windows 10 that will be warning you that you need to install an extra component for the app, accept and wait for the installation. After that, Microsoft guarantees that you will be able to reopen and download Xbox Game Pass games on Windows 10.
  3. Anthony90 Win User

Halo Infinite won't launch with Xbox App

I did manage to get halo infinite campaign installed but now whenever i try to open halo infinite it opens up the Microsoft Store's Gaming Services page instead. I am on game pass on PC. Ive tried reinstalling the xbox app but it still doesnt work.
  4. RockDev Win User

Minecraft's website not detecting my account.

Yes I have tried to reinstall the launcher a multiple times now. It just doesnt work. As soon as it opens it goes blank with a flickering loading cursor.
  5. RuthiZilberberg Win User

Games not launching (but they were yesterday)

Hi,

Ever since yesterday's update - can't even start XBOX (or access the store). I have tried running other built in apps like groove and got an error message stating "cannot open this application" (for the Xbox - even the error message does not appear)

trying to access the store yields a flashing window that disappears immediately,

Help!
  6. Kimberly Dixon Win User

Xbox app not opening or reinstalling

Heyy,
    so i have tried both methods of reinstalling "gaming services" and still no luck. not sure what else to do now :(

thank you for trying to help
Thema:

1. Hi i cannot open xbox app, it just flashes and doesnt open, tried reinstall. - Similar Threads - cannot open app

2. Problem: cannot download from Microsoft store or open Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem: cannot download from Microsoft store or open Xbox app: I was trying to reinstall some games back onto my computer (I had uninstalled them about 3 months ago). I was going to redownload them from the Microsoft store. When I clicked install, the install...
  3. Cannot open MS Rewards App, error message 'Update Your Console's location'

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot open MS Rewards App, error message 'Update Your Console's location': As of today, I cannot load the MS Rewards app. It instead displays the error message. 'Update your console's location Go to System > Settings > System > Language & Location to match it to your...
  4. Cannot Open Xbox App On Windows, How to fix?

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot Open Xbox App On Windows, How to fix?: For some months now I have not been able to open my Xbox application on windows and I have tried many different troubleshooting options. When I look at the Xbox application reviews on the...
  5. I cannot open the Xbox app and keep getting met with Error 0xc00007b - Please help

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot open the Xbox app and keep getting met with Error 0xc00007b - Please help: Whenever I try and open up the Xbox app, it consistently gives me the error message of 0xc00007b, please click OK to close the application. Even when I click OK it doesn't shut the app, rather...
  6. I cannot open Minecraft Bedrock. "This app can't open, Check the Windows Store for more...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot open Minecraft Bedrock. "This app can't open, Check the Windows Store for more...: I've been trying to open it for days but I can't open it. [img] 01272dc8-ce5d-4ce2-a8a5-d73884017e90
  7. Windows cannot access the specified device when trying to open Forza Horizon 5 on the Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows cannot access the specified device when trying to open Forza Horizon 5 on the Xbox App: I've recently just purchased FH5 and installed it on my main drive. When I go to press PLAY on the Xbox app the game doesn't open and I get this message. [img] Ive tried reinstalling it...
  8. Minecraft launcher won’t open “This app can’t open- this app can’t open because it cannot...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft launcher won’t open “This app can’t open- this app can’t open because it cannot...: so one day i wanted to open my minecraft launcher to play minecraft but a message popped up saying it cannot be found and that the storage device is missing or disconnected. now i have deleted...
  9. I cannot open Xbox app.

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot open Xbox app.: I can't really open Xbox. Microsoft Store app isn't working correctly too. [img] I waited a lot and stay still, the screen looks like that. [img] As I said, Microsoft Store isn't operating...
  10. Cannot Open or Install Xbox app, Games, or Apps from Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot Open or Install Xbox app, Games, or Apps from Microsoft Store: I have a Dell G7 gaming Laptop running Windows 11 (version 10.0.22000 Build 22000). I have two drives, the "C:" that is a 500gb NVME type for the OS and some other apps are on there I believe. And...