Hi, bought rdr2 on my previous Xbox console, but same account. When I try to redownload to...

Discus and support Hi, bought rdr2 on my previous Xbox console, but same account. When I try to redownload to... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Also, I've looked at prior posts asking this same question and no one from Microsoft appears to be able to answer, just a bunch of folks who are trying... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by do better, Feb 7, 2023.

1. do better
    do better Guest

Hi, bought rdr2 on my previous Xbox console, but same account. When I try to redownload to...

Also, I've looked at prior posts asking this same question and no one from Microsoft appears to be able to answer, just a bunch of folks who are trying to fumble through with general try this, try that guidance. Please offer real answers as this doesn't appear to be an isolated incident! Purchased full version of game, 10/22/20 on old console, now gone, help please!

:)

do better, Feb 7, 2023
  2. do better Win User

Hi, bought rdr2 on my previous Xbox console, but same account. When I try to redownload to my new series x, it tries to make me pay for it again, what gives??

Status shows as completed on 10/22/20, with payment of $26.74 made via a credit card on the same account that my series x is logged in as.
  3. Jonny306 Win User

Hi, bought rdr2 on my previous Xbox console, but same account. When I try to redownload to my new series x, it tries to make me pay for it again, what gives??

Okay,

This can happen if you had it installed while it was offered through gamepass or gameshare which may be causing your Xbox to pick up those licenses but not yours.

Please try to perform these exact steps in this exact order. I understand you may have done these steps at a different time but with this exact combination, the game should work.

Please uninstall the game from the Xbox entirely.

Once done, perform the method below.

Perform this method only if your Xbox is connected to the internet. This will ensure all game saves will sync back to the Xbox once this step is done.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select System > Settings > System > and then Storage.

Select Clear LOCAL SAVED GAMES.

Select Yes to confirm.

Once your console restarts, try installing the game again from your owned games library and see if your account allows access to your game license
  4. Jonny306 Win User

Hello there!

My name is Jonny and I will be the Independent Advisor for Microsoft assisting you today!

First, thank you so much for contacting us regarding your concern. I do look forward to resolving this problem together! :)

The first thing you will want to check is that you are in fact logged into the actual account that was used to purchase the game. (physical copies will not carry a digital license as well)

Now, the good news is, Microsoft provides all of their players with a fully detailed list of purchases that have been made through the lifespan of the account. At no time will our purchase history be altered and at no time will purchases be removed.

Can you please let me know what the status of your purchase shows up as?

Below will be a link that you can use to access your purchase history.

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/help/subscriptio...

NOTE: Players who gain access to games using the game share option will NOT classify as a purchase. This includes free-to-play days, subscriptions, and trials.
  5. LyonToll Win User

Some games freeze and crash on Xbox One X

Hi,

So I went and did a hard reset. I redownloaded RDR2 but it still crashes. At first, video freezes, audio plays for 5 seconds more and stops too. Then nothing happens until I press the xbox button and the whole console shuts downs. Same with Resident Evil
    3 Remake Demo.
  6. kyfho33 Win User

Terraria Glitch

I am having the same issue -- It still works on the console I originally purchased it on but the purchasing account is no longer able to play on another console - it was working as of 2 days ago??? I've deleted/redownloaded on the 2nd xbox (it is showing
    that I previously bought the game when I go to redownload it on the 2nd console) - other games are working fine
Thema:

1. Hi, bought rdr2 on my previous Xbox console, but same account. When I try to redownload to... - Similar Threads - bought rdr2 previous

2. I bought PC game pass but didn´t get ea play so I can´t play the games I want to Any help?

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought PC game pass but didn´t get ea play so I can´t play the games I want to Any help?: I bought the cheap game pass and connected ea account but when I click install on madden NFL 24 I have to buy the game c05bb11f-b24f-478b-8b1c-14cc700461fe
  3. My Xbox wont open games I downloaded and I just bought it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wont open games I downloaded and I just bought it: I tried opening 2k24 that I got off gamepass and the screen goes grey then brings me back to Home Screen does the same thing with Spotify but all the apps that came downloaded work fine...
  4. Can you return a controller to Microsoft if bought from a gamestop store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you return a controller to Microsoft if bought from a gamestop store: Can you return a controller to Microsoft if bought from a gamestop store 7e7a4d81-d005-4014-aaf5-858726ea4c03
  5. Mic. can't talk. So. BOUGHT. 3. A WIRELESS. & NEW. TURTLE BEACH WIRED....

in XBoX on Windows
    Mic. can't talk. So. BOUGHT. 3. A WIRELESS. & NEW. TURTLE BEACH WIRED....: Mic can't talk. On new. Series. X. Wireless. Or wired 53cd3738-db76-4f63-b6a6-b1fdb67dce37
  6. Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a...: Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a controller highlighting to press Xbox logo, and it won't stop flashing can someone help me with that and...
  7. It's not my controller s, I've bought new ones, my axis from left to right swings too much,...

in XBoX on Windows
    It's not my controller s, I've bought new ones, my axis from left to right swings too much,...: It's not my controller s, I've bought new ones, my axis from left to right swings too much, it's happening in my games and everywhere else, how do I fix it? I think it is my console...
  8. I bought my friend Rdr2 as a code because it was cheaper and he got the code and everything...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought my friend Rdr2 as a code because it was cheaper and he got the code and everything...: Just need to know what to do here. 918007e9-ea40-46d1-ac31-029ebac94eac
  9. I have bought mw2 and rdr2 on xbox and was wondering if there was a way to download them to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have bought mw2 and rdr2 on xbox and was wondering if there was a way to download them to...: I have bought mw2 and rdr2 on xbox and was wondering if there was a way to download them to pc aswell although i cannot find them in the store 3768c7b0-c52a-4856-9494-1a188a10cc94
  10. My rdr2 keeps telling me to sign in with the acc that bought it even though I’m signed into...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My rdr2 keeps telling me to sign in with the acc that bought it even though I’m signed into...: I bought red dead redemption 2 a couple months ago for sale. I played up until maybe 3-4 weeks ago. I decided to play it again and it wouldn’t let me. I just thought maybe my Xbox was buggin out...