Hey, whenever I plug an external hard drive into my xbox one console I'm unable to open...

Discus and support Hey, whenever I plug an external hard drive into my xbox one console I'm unable to open... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; As it says in the question, whenever I plug in my USB external hard drive I'm unable to open games and apps, I'm looking for solutions and hoping I can... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Anna Doherty, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Anna Doherty
    Anna Doherty Guest

Hey, whenever I plug an external hard drive into my xbox one console I'm unable to open...

As it says in the question, whenever I plug in my USB external hard drive I'm unable to open games and apps, I'm looking for solutions and hoping I can find them here

:)

Anna Doherty, Mar 11, 2023
  2. JayForeman Win User

Network no longer works

Here is a relevant note from the known issues summary, I hope you find it useful

Wireless Networking:

You may encounter a “wireless network hardware on this console is not working” error when connecting to Xbox Live with a wireless connection.

Your Xbox One console may be unable to detect a wireless connection while an external hard drive is plugged in. Workaround: Unplug the external hard drive, hard reset the console, connect to WiFi, then connect the external hard driv
  3. DavidIQ Win User

XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute

I'm also having this issue, been having it since I've had the external drive. The hard drive works fine when plugged into a computer only spinning when actually accessed. This tells me that the Xbox is doing something in the drive, but what exactly if all
    settings are set in a way that this shouldn't happen. I think we can safely throw out the window any assumption that there's something wrong with anyone's external hard drive.

I had read elsewhere that the constant spinning was due to one of the installed games having a pending message and that once the person found which game it was they cleared the message and the constant re-spinning stopped. But finding that game in 200+ installed
    games would be next to impossible. This just needs the proper attention from Microsoft. For now I have the external hard drive plugged into the front of the console and just unplug it whenever I'm not using the console.
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

External hard drive

Hi WCG nodad,

I understand you are experiencing an issue with your external hard drive's games not showing up on your Xbox One. You may want to try plugging in your external hard drive to another USB port on your console. Also, check out this article for troubleshooting
    your external hard drive:
    External Hard Drive Troubleshooting - Xbox One

I hope this helps.
  5. z Suomi Soturi Win User

Can I save games from a 360 slim to an external HD?

So the max you can increase your hard drive is to use two 32 GB USB drives to get 64 GB more space ? Then your unable to plug in an external hard drive of 500 GB ? My console hard drive of 250 GB is full. I had hope there was a way use a external hard
    drive of 500 GB. Then essentially I could buy sixteen 32 GB USB drives to get 512 GB of space.
  6. DirtLegLover Win User

Try Another USB port or cable

Same problem here. My Seagate external hard drive blinks for about 5 seconds and then just stops then I get the 'we see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use' error. It does this on two different xbox ones. Ive swapped out ports, unplugged
    everything, restarted the console. The hard drive works just fine and the blue light stays on when I plug it into my pc. Any solutions here?? and yes my external hard drive plugs into the wall and has a cord that plugs into the usb port.
Thema:

1. Hey, whenever I plug an external hard drive into my xbox one console I'm unable to open... - Similar Threads - Hey whenever plug

2. Hey when I went to the new rewards quest page on xbox it says' "try again later we can't...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey when I went to the new rewards quest page on xbox it says' "try again later we can't...: My brother is able to use this app on his xbox but for me it is not working. Could someone help me? 8f44dc0b-c55b-40a6-a414-8a240d2a259e
  3. Hey so im just asking is the xbox one region free in 2024 ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so im just asking is the xbox one region free in 2024 ?: So im also asking if every physical game discs is region free for example f1 2018 or something and if im trying to change my xbox one language and region and my country ia not there then what...
  4. Hey I need some help,

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey I need some help,: I recently got my dad a turtle beach stealth 600 gen2 usb, it worked for his Xbox one first gen but it won’t work for my Xbox series X/diablo edition, the headset itself turns on but the usb stick...
  5. Hey can you remove my suspension please .

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey can you remove my suspension please .: Hey I got a suspension yesterday because of making a groupost. It said (Ranked copper-silver) ( Boosting) . Can you please remove my suspension earlier because I think it was kinda unnecessary. I...
  6. Hey Microsoft, when are you guys bringing cloud gaming to Hargeisa,Somalia alot of us here...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey Microsoft, when are you guys bringing cloud gaming to Hargeisa,Somalia alot of us here...: Please bring cloud gaming to Hargeisa, Somalia ff87d539-ed97-4ad7-be6d-273e35939cb2
  7. hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...

in XBoX on Windows
    hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...: i used xbox360 minecraft to play PvP and the popup appers:"one or two more accounts cannot play multiplayer games." i really want to try online pvp PLZ HELP!!!11 3a93bd93-ff87-4354-b8c9-e68abc026d0a
  8. Hey so how do i play minecraft multiplayer

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so how do i play minecraft multiplayer: So im trying to join my moms family so i can play minecraft multi player but it wont let me leave my family because it said im one of the family members but it says im also the family owner how do...
  9. hey, i redeemed a code but i don't know how I can now play because whenever i go to the...

in XBoX on Windows
    hey, i redeemed a code but i don't know how I can now play because whenever i go to the...: hey, i redeemed a code but i don't know how I can now play because whenever i go to the minecraft launcher it asks me to pay and now im just stuck. 59a8cd70-d4cd-4550-9c29-a28c2f7736c6
  10. Hey whenever I try to run mine craft on my Asus laptop it continuously signs me out and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey whenever I try to run mine craft on my Asus laptop it continuously signs me out and...: [img] Hey whenever I try to run minecraft on my Asus laptop it continuously signs me out. The main issue is whenever I click sign in on the game to send me to the Microsoft account login then says...