Hey I'm on switch and when I joined minecraft I couldn't change my username any help?

Discus and support Hey I'm on switch and when I joined minecraft I couldn't change my username any help? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Having trouble changing username 2049ff5d-a0cd-4bec-b298-2090bc5c0714 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Chloechlo23, Dec 12, 2022.

1. Chloechlo23
    Chloechlo23 Guest

Hey I'm on switch and when I joined minecraft I couldn't change my username any help?

Having trouble changing username

:)

Chloechlo23, Dec 12, 2022
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

If you are unable to change your username on Minecraft for Nintendo Switch, it is possible that the username you want to use is already taken by another player. In this case, you will need to choose a different username.

If you are still unable to change your username and you believe there is an issue with your account, you may want to try contacting Mojang support through this link; https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new for further assistance.
  3. Melicorn1991 Win User

Minecraft windows 10 name

When I logged into windows 10 using my Microsoft account it instantly used my Xbox username. It there any way I can make my Minecraft account different than my Xbox username? This would be extremely helpful, especially because my Minecraft username
    is 13 letters, and Xbox usernames can only be 12 letters!
    Hi there,

I found this article, I hope this helps:

Minecraft Usernames

This article covers Minecraft usernames for Minecraft: Java Edition on PC/Mac. Minecraft on other platforms do not require usernames, but if you play on Minecraft Realms on these platforms you will use your Xbox gamer tag. The console editions of Minecraft
    use Xbox gamer tag or Sony PSN ID.

Where can I find my username?

If you have a Mojang account, your username can be found and changed on your Mojang account page.

Can I change my username?

Users who have a Mojang account (the default account type for all accounts registered after November 2012) can change their username for free at account.mojang.com/me by clicking the
    (Change) link next to your profile name.

If you sign in with your username, as older accounts do, you'll first need to migrate to a Mojang account before you can change your username.

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360034636712-Minecraft-Usernames
  4. pushery Win User

Minecraft support

I meant username not gamertag

I couldn't find any information regarding username changing/reverting anywhere so that's why I'm worried they straight up don't allow it. I had to ask here.
  5. David Wirsching Win User

I'd like to request a username change (Minecraft: For Java)

Hello 60Nic, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I'm sorry you've had problems with your Minecraft account. To change your username in Minecraft: Java Edition, you can follow these steps:

Go to the Minecraft profile page.
    Sign in with your Microsoft account.
    Once you're logged in, you should be able to change your username.
    Please note that you can only change your username once every 30 days. If the hacker recently changed your username, you may have to wait a while before you can change it again.

and once this is done, you should be able to change your name without any problem.

Best regards.
  6. [ A J ] Win User

minecraft gamertag

Hi, David! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

Are you referring to your Minecraft: Java Edition in-game username? if you are here's how to change it.

To change your Minecraft username, you'll need to sign in at https://www.minecraft.net/profile then click on "My games" > Minecraft Java Edition > Profile Name. This Minecraft support page explains in good detail how to change your in-game username, as well as the requirements for it:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/44...

I hope this helps! please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards.
Thema:

1. Hey I'm on switch and when I joined minecraft I couldn't change my username any help? - Similar Threads - Hey I'm switch

2. Hey, I'm having problems loading into games like Fortnite, Dead by Daylight, Dragon Ball...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey, I'm having problems loading into games like Fortnite, Dead by Daylight, Dragon Ball...: I've tried everything but it always says there's issues with my account or a network error or a sign in problem, I've tried all troubleshooting ways deleting and reinstalling the game and my...
  3. Hey, I'm getting a new laptop, can someone recommend me a lightweight, powerful and budget...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey, I'm getting a new laptop, can someone recommend me a lightweight, powerful and budget...: I checked out the Cyborg 15 A12V – Cyber Up! (msi.com) and I'm not sure if It will run MSFS2020. 91930924-e97c-4604-a9d5-b0a7c8fecc5d
  4. Hey I'm seeing if I can contact someone about my Xbox account to see if I can get it back I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey I'm seeing if I can contact someone about my Xbox account to see if I can get it back I...: Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me get my Xbox account back I got banned and I was seeing if anyone can help me or something I need it back please and thank you....
  5. Hey so problem I'm trying to game share with my friend and i used the last switch on my old...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hey so problem I'm trying to game share with my friend and i used the last switch on my old...: Hey so problem I'm trying to game share with my friend and i used the last switch on my old xbox i got a new one and no longer have my old one can i get a free switch? Because If not i think it's...
  6. Hey, whenever I plug an external hard drive into my xbox one console I'm unable to open...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey, whenever I plug an external hard drive into my xbox one console I'm unable to open...: As it says in the question, whenever I plug in my USB external hard drive I'm unable to open games and apps, I'm looking for solutions and hoping I can find them here...
  7. Hey my friend just got an xbox one and I'm game sharing I just want to know how I can find...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey my friend just got an xbox one and I'm game sharing I just want to know how I can find...: Can someone please answer the question. I just need to know if there is a way that I can find out other than going through all 50 something titles I own and getting him a list. How do I know from...
  8. hey uh why did my account get suspended for no reason that i know of i'm really wondering

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    hey uh why did my account get suspended for no reason that i know of i'm really wondering: yea i got suspended but i' m not sure why all the sudden 376956c1-3d45-4131-b86a-4b39915419e8
  9. hello! hey guys if i'm in jamaica and want to purchase game pass for pc how would i be able...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hello! hey guys if i'm in jamaica and want to purchase game pass for pc how would i be able...: i'm currently in jamaica and want to purchase with my visa card but it shows me that I have to be in the united states to purchase I just would like to know how to make a purchase outside the U.S...
  10. Hey, I'm interested in recording youtube videos on my xbox series x.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey, I'm interested in recording youtube videos on my xbox series x.: Hey, I'm interested in recording youtube videos on my xbox series x. I need help finding an affordable capture card and microphone as well as any other needed equipment such as a free video...