Hey Cortana "Record That" takes up too much space

Discus and support Hey Cortana "Record That" takes up too much space in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey there Microsoft - Never mind the fact that it takes too long to say "Hey Cortana, Record That" - gone are the days when one could say "Xbox, Record... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Anarcane, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Anarcane
    Anarcane Guest

Hey there Microsoft - Never mind the fact that it takes too long to say "Hey Cortana, Record That" - gone are the days when one could say "Xbox, Record That" - but it used to be that Cortana really only took up a little slice of screen when she popped up
    to do my bidding.

Now, she pops up on about a third of the screen, and interrupts my game play. Not EXACTLY what I'd call user friendly. The biggest problem for me is that I used to use this to snap quick clips of my game time, but now that she breaks my game to do so, I
    find it leaves me open to a variety of online gaming pitfalls like vulnerability to enemies, or crashing various vehicles....

can we go back to using the "record that" feature without her taking up so much screen real estate, or interrupting my games?

oh, and hey Microsoft: Can we get to where Cortana is just "Cortana" and not "Hey Cortana?" I mean - it worked for "Xbox voice" and works fine for Alexa...

Thanks.

:)

Anarcane, Jan 30, 2018
  2. axblberger
    axblberger Guest
    Hey cortana: record that

Ever since the new ui update, whenever I record a clip, a big dialogue box pops up and doesn't allow me to interact with my game (diablo 3 in this case), until it is done recording. Before the update, it would record while I played. I don't see any setting
    to change it to go back to the way it was before.

axblberger, Jan 30, 2018
  3. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Can't record

Try the following things please:

If you have Cortana set up - "Hey Cortana, Record that" or "Hey Cortana, take a screenshot" (can be used with Kinect or a headset)

If you use Xbox commands - "Xbox Record That" or "Xbox take a screenshot" (used with Kinect only)

Press the Guide button on your controller and select X or Y to take a screenshot or recording

onyxishere, Jan 30, 2018
  4. onyxishere Win User

Can't record

If you have Cortana set up - "Hey Cortana, Record that" or "Hey Cortana, take a screenshot" (can be used with Kinect or a headset)

If you use Xbox commands - "Xbox Record That" or "Xbox take a screenshot" (used with Kinect only)

Press the Guide button on your controller and select X or Y to take a screenshot or recording
  5. XxYAboyBJExX Win User

Can't record

already have
  6. BobMcFly247 Win User

Updates taking up too much space

In addition to onyx:

The ui updates do not sum up but replace the previous one each time. So you do not lose the storage space on your internal drive on the ui updates. So there is no reason to be upset about this ;)

Also the games needs to be installed on the harddrive as an optical device is lots slower than a hard disk, so not having them installed will end up in lags and pauses in the game play for loading reasons. Remember there are lots more of data to be transferred
    then on the good old 360.
  7. {Parity} Win User

TheNerdClub you just bumped a two year old thread, If you have a real support issue please open your own thread and detail the issue.
  8. Gandalf& Dumbled Win User

buying a hard drive just ensure you more space makes xbox one a rip off product secretly microsoft signed some agreement where the xbox one requires a external hard drive to play more games & the updates are pathetic they don't even compress anything & how
    many updates we get with all the reamiaining unfixed, bugs, & things they don't care to fix is more pathetic.
Thema:

1. Hey Cortana "Record That" takes up too much space - Similar Threads - Hey Cortana Record

2. hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...

in XBoX on Windows
    hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...: i used xbox360 minecraft to play PvP and the popup appers:"one or two more accounts cannot play multiplayer games." i really want to try online pvp PLZ HELP!!!11 3a93bd93-ff87-4354-b8c9-e68abc026d0a
  3. Hey so how do i play minecraft multiplayer

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so how do i play minecraft multiplayer: So im trying to join my moms family so i can play minecraft multi player but it wont let me leave my family because it said im one of the family members but it says im also the family owner how do...
  4. How about “Hey Cortana, Look for a Group for Fortnite” ??? Please!!! kindly!

in XBoX Accessibility
    How about “Hey Cortana, Look for a Group for Fortnite” ??? Please!!! kindly!: This would be really really nice as the home—> multiplayer—> looking for group—> search for post —> (game) is by far the most annoying thing to navigate to. it’d be awesome if this was made easier...
  5. Cortana don't hear "hey Cortana"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cortana don't hear "hey Cortana": I can use cortana, but a need go to the app, i use headphones and she can understand me but I can't access to cortana with "hey cortana" 628f4c0c-c8f3-4b5b-8b98-ef9e91a006d9
  6. 2Wire: Hey cortana: record that

in XboX Networking Hardware
    2Wire: Hey cortana: record that: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): Hey cortana: record that Ever since the new ui update, whenever I record a clip, a big dialogue box pops up and doesn't allow me to interact with my game (diablo 3 in this...
  7. Xbox One Cortana Says She Didn't Hear Anything, but she heard me say Hey Cortana

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Cortana Says She Didn't Hear Anything, but she heard me say Hey Cortana: Cortana on Xbox One has stopped working suddenly. I can still wake up the Xbox with Cortana, but once on, every time I say 'Hey Cortana', the Cortana box opens and immediately says "Sorry about...
  8. Hey Cortana Voice Commands

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey Cortana Voice Commands: I've been having an issue with the voice commands. Some of them that used to work fine no longer work. I don't know if Microsoft has removed them or if something is wrong with my Kinect. It works...
  9. Saying: Hey Cortana, watch NFL Network does not change the channel to NFL Network

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Saying: Hey Cortana, watch NFL Network does not change the channel to NFL Network: It only Bings the words "NFL Network" for you. season is starting soon. Please fix 796e6dc6-23e2-47fa-9a2f-6315d5df458c
  10. Hey Cortana Bugs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey Cortana Bugs: Hey Cortana is an awesome feature but there are few bugs that need to be addressed. Here are some that I found: While watching TV: - Hey Cortana Watch "Channel Name" doesn't always work. Instead...