Here's an real world example of why the new layout of "My Games & Apps" is more complex...

Discus and support Here's an real world example of why the new layout of "My Games & Apps" is more complex... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I got the 2 GWG games from my browser, and wanted to install them today on my Xbox (which has auto-install on, but it's not working all the time, plus... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/elangab, Feb 3, 2020.

1. /u/elangab
    /u/elangab Guest

Here's an real world example of why the new layout of "My Games & Apps" is more complex...

I got the 2 GWG games from my browser, and wanted to install them today on my Xbox (which has auto-install on, but it's not working all the time, plus 360 games won't auto-install anyway).

Previously I used to just go to "Games", quickly move to "Ready to Install", "right click" the 2 games and they're installing. Not too bad.

Now, I need to go to 2 different places in "Full Library". First to "All Owned Games" to install the 360 game (Fable), and then go back, go to "Games with gold" and install the X1 game (TT).

As a bonus, I need to change the filter of both to "Ready to install" to quickly find the games and I no longer have "install" when I "right click" the game's tile.

Now, how can you not say it made things more complex for no reason. There's zero new functionality, you just made us click more to get to the same place.

submitted by /u/elangab
    [link] [comments]

/u/elangab, Feb 3, 2020
  2. voteDC Win User

Question about having games installed to Hard Drive.

What new titles are they?

-

They only used to spin for a short time anyway, then Microsoft switched to the XGD3 disc layout to give developers more space. That combined with the new anti-piracy measures are what caused the games to spin for longer.

-

However not all new games use the XGD3 layout. "London 2012" for example still uses the old layout and so will only spin for a short time if installed.
  3. Chris Gelon Win User

Xbox One cache issue

The OS is Windows 8, but modified. Heavily modified.

The software is the same on the consoles (besides people in the beta).

The Xbox, like all huge software systems, is extremely complex. These issues could appear more frequently depending on your use of the system. For a theoretical example, the friends app may be causing some memory to not be freed up, or the Netflix app forgets
    to close a process when it isn't running. So if you use the friends and Netflix apps, you will more frequently run into these errors. These obviously aren't the real errors, and the sandbox environment setup with Win8 is supposed to prevent these errors, but
    hopefully that gives you the general gist of why it may be occurring more on your Xbox than others.
  4. Darcus Knight Win User

Humanity farming?

lol - yeah - i got reminded about that fact a few times already. thanks for the tip. this game is more complex than my real life!
  5. Twidget Win User

The New "My games & apps".

Hi , im recomend to you make a groups whit your favorite games and apps, and pin on Home screen. Is more faster and looks pretty.

Greetings.
    Nice recomendation, not sure what it has to do with liking the other layout better.

The best Option for your current Situation.

Respectfully, I am not asking for anything. I am not asking for help in accepting the new layout. The new home layout is ok. I am talking about one section of our profile experience. In the "My games and apps" section, you used to be able to navigate sideways
    with the use of LB and RB (controller buttons). That feature has been removed. It seems that the new layout probably doesn't work with that feature. If the new layout is so awesome, why did they have to remove useful functionality?

By the way, you used to be able to use LB/RB with the home screen, to go to the different sections.

Not all change is good change. It seems that people believe all change is good. So not true.
  6. MAKO MARAUDER Win User

How the Xbox One can improve.

Why not just go PC at that point, I mean this is basically the last real gen anyway. Once you go complex and costing more or equal money, PC is the way to go.
Thema:

1. Here's an real world example of why the new layout of "My Games & Apps" is more complex... - Similar Threads - Here's real world

2. My controllers are doing this as well. I have tried everything mentioned here also searched...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controllers are doing this as well. I have tried everything mentioned here also searched...: Fix this bug with the series x or your going to have everyone run to ps5 51841de2-6e96-440b-83c1-d7d9717b36d5
  3. Hey Microsoft, when are you guys bringing cloud gaming to Hargeisa,Somalia alot of us here...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey Microsoft, when are you guys bringing cloud gaming to Hargeisa,Somalia alot of us here...: Please bring cloud gaming to Hargeisa, Somalia ff87d539-ed97-4ad7-be6d-273e35939cb2
  4. What is going on here? I’ve tried new cables, different tvs, everything you can think of....

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is going on here? I’ve tried new cables, different tvs, everything you can think of....: [img] What is happening here? 48ff655b-ac76-4889-b415-240d09c47f5e
  5. Can some one explain what I did wrong here?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can some one explain what I did wrong here?: Name of Ark server: ark savages. It's a 4 man tribe molded ark server. I posted "Ark savages 4 man come try it out" My account got banned. I've been with xbox live for over 15 years never had...
  6. Does anyone know what is happening here?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know what is happening here?: [img] I'm not too sure why Sea of thieves is installing like this. It appears to only be affecting this game as well as I have tried others all of whihc have installed normally. Im not to sure...
  7. I am having a real issue with the lack of customer support here. I have 2 kids on my family...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am having a real issue with the lack of customer support here. I have 2 kids on my family...: I am having a real issue with the lack of customer support here. I have 2 kids on my family account set up to an Xbox and for some reason the password isn't working. The password recover is also...
  8. The Real Problem Here

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Real Problem Here: Okay, I get that this Xbox One blank screen thing has something to do with server issues, on MS's end. I can live with that. These things happen. But what kind of idiotic operating system gives a...
  9. need chat to support n real agent anyone got a link plse srry but i been here for 4 hours ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    need chat to support n real agent anyone got a link plse srry but i been here for 4 hours ...: need link get to chat to real agent tbh anyone plse 2b33e710-b1a7-4295-ba6f-e27a3baa7cc6
  10. I have a real account balance problem here.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a real account balance problem here.: So, I have about $27 in my xbox one account that I redeemed in Canada. However, when i tried to redeem a code that i bought from my home country in Iraq, it didn't let me, it said that the gift...