HELP: Xbox Series X Has a Screen Flickering Issue

Discus and support HELP: Xbox Series X Has a Screen Flickering Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been having this weird screen glitch with my Series X for a couple months now, & it recently started popping up even more frequently where the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ReaceNiles, Apr 26, 2021.

1. ReaceNiles
    ReaceNiles Guest

I've been having this weird screen glitch with my Series X for a couple months now, & it recently started popping up even more frequently where the picture just momentarily cuts out at seemingly random times. At first I thought it was my TV causing the problems, but after doing hours of testing with various gaming consoles on all my HDMI ports, I've narrowed down that the problem has to be the Xbox as this is the only machine experiencing this issue.

I've tried looking for solutions online & experimenting on my own to resolve this without any luck so far, so I was hoping maybe someone here who encountered this could help me out. Or worst case scenario if this is a console defect if I could get a free repair.

Below I've linked a post containing 2 recordings of this screen glitch in action, as maybe this will help people narrow down the issue. https://imgur.com/a/uzMidqD

:)

ReaceNiles, Apr 26, 2021
  2. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Hello ReaceNiles, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

I highly recommend following the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the link below:

Video on Xbox One is stuttering | Xbox Support

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. IvanHristov123 Win User

Screen Flickering - Using non 4K TV - Xbox One X

Hey, having the same problem here. Using Xbox One X. It was working fine for a year and recently started flickering. I have bought a new 4k tv and it's even worse. I bought a new high speed HDMI cable: new set of issues - complete black screen or it flickers
    heavily. Went to test the XBOX on a 3rd tv and it flickers as well. I'd appreciate some help.
  4. Juan RODRIGUEZ B. Win User

HDR image flickering on Xbox One X with LG C9 TV

what is your Problem?

Flickering Screen on Xbox

Flickering Screen on Xbox with HDR

Screen goes Black on HDR with Xbox ?

You talk about going black but have flickering on Topic.

There was an official Problem with HDR Flickering on that TVs and Xbox but that should be fixed a time ago
    The screen flickers when HDR or HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour is on in the TV, after a while of flickering it goes black, then the TV loses the signal from the Xbox. That's
    my problem.

If I deactivate HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour, then there's no more flickering and no more black screen.

Well it isn't fixed yet, I'm 100% sure I am on the latest firmware on both the LG C9 and the Xbox One X.
  5. marcus prosser Win User

Xbox series x green flickering screen issue

Thanks I will give it a try it appears it’s only since the console update the other day
  6. Kimmy_24 Win User

Xbox series x green flickering screen issue

Hi, Marcus. I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

You can try to refresh your operating system and delete all potentially corrupted data that restricts you from using your console normally without deleting your games or apps. Just a heads-up, doing this will erase the profiles on the console including Home Xbox designation but will not remove any installed games & apps on your console. You can download your profile back after the reset.

To do that, scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide and select Settings, then Select All Settings. On the Settings page, let's select System, then Select Console info and lastly, select Reset console. On the Reset your console screen, we'll see three options and we'll select the Reset and keep my games & apps.
Thema:

1. HELP: Xbox Series X Has a Screen Flickering Issue - Similar Threads - HELP Series Has

2. Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...: Here is a photo of it. The marks are most likely water/vinegar mix. I hate when There are marks like this. [img] 411af9ba-49b4-47e4-a3fa-6c40e793f6fd
  3. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  4. Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help: Please help my xbox just went high ping out of nowhere. Tried different dns doesn't help, and my signal strength is 100% submitted by /u/LFC_Lad [link] [comments]
  5. Mic isn’t working for Series X, Help

in XboX Insiders
    Mic isn’t working for Series X, Help: I been trying to fix an issue with my mic, it won’t work at all but I can hear myself in the mic monitoring but when I go into a party, there’s no output but I can still hear myself on the mic...
  6. Need Help because can't activate Dev mode on Xbox Series S.

in XboX Insiders
    Need Help because can't activate Dev mode on Xbox Series S.: Hello devs and community, in the past days i had an error on my xbox that can't access to dev mode menu because it shows me an error that says that i cant activate Dev mode on my console, and in...
  7. Help with offline update Cbox One Series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help with offline update Cbox One Series S: CAN ANYONE HELP!! im at my wits end i got a SSD 1 TB i formatted and partitioned the damn thing correctly put it in the Xbox Installed OSU1 ran everything and now I’m getting a damn system error...
  8. Can anyone help me troubleshoot my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can anyone help me troubleshoot my Xbox series X?: While playing a game, after an unspecific amount of time, the game image will start to flicker and cut out. Then, the xbox controller will disconnect, and the xbox series x will lose internet...
  9. Help xbox series x remote play black screen bug

in XboX Insiders
    Help xbox series x remote play black screen bug: anytime i try an play on my xbox using remote play, with my logitech g cloud or my iphone, or laptop, the app will go an remote play to my xbox i get the xbox logo, an it works, but heres where...
  10. Xbox series X has super slow internet speed, help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has super slow internet speed, help?: Hi, I just got an Xbox series X and it’s been nothing but frustrating. The internet is a very slow 10-30 mbps, regardless whether I plug it via cable, wifi, 2.4 or 5ghz. I tried resetting the...