Help - Xbox Live refund and don't know Microsoft account details

Discus and support Help - Xbox Live refund and don't know Microsoft account details in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I'd be really grateful if someone could help me with this. I've just been charged to renew my Xbox Live subscription for the year as it's on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dominic455, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Dominic455
    Dominic455 Guest

Hi,

I'd be really grateful if someone could help me with this.

I've just been charged to renew my Xbox Live subscription for the year as it's on autorenew. If possible, I would like to get a refund as I no longer use Xbox Live.

However, I am having a problem accessing my Microsoft account linked to this in order to cancel or manage the subscription. My problems are:

- My Xbox has broken, and I can't turn it on to access my account which was logged in.

- I can't find details in any of my regularly used email accounts of the account which is linked to my Xbox Live subscription

- I can remember the first part of my Gamertag (though I think it was then followed by some numbers, it was one of the autogenerated suggestions) and my bank account/debit card details only.

Is there any way I can get in touch with someone at Microsoft with these details, who can help me access my account and cancel my subscription? I don't know how else I'm going to do this, and clearly as it's on autorenew this will happen on an annual basis unless I can find out these details.

Thanks - any help is much appreciated.

Dominic

:)

Dominic455, Mar 21, 2022
  2. Dominic455 Win User

Thanks very much for this Ricardo.

Do you know how I can contact Microsoft directly regarding this?
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Dominic455! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

You will need to remember the email details to cancel a subscription as even if you contact Microsoft support, they are unable to give you the account details or access an account you don't have the details for, this due to privacy policies

You can contact the bank and request them to block future charges but for a refund you will need again the account information
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

You can do it trough their support site, but as i mentioned, they won't be able to help if you don't have the account information, gamertag it's not enough
  5. Nathan Fraser1 Win User

My refund only refunded me $7 on a $80 purchase?

Will do, thanks for the help! One more question. Do you know why $7 have been refunded from Xbox live rewards? I’m just not sure why it says I have $7 in my microsoft account that was refunded from Xbox live rewards to my account, as at first I assumed it was for the purchase mentioned before, but I guess its not that so what may it be?
  6. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Can’t recover account

Hello @CarolineNeal1!

If the purchase was a subscription, you will need to get in touch with our live agents as they can help you with the refund. However, If the purchase is a game or a DLC... you will need to get access to your account request a refund here: Request a refund.

Please bare in mind that the Microsoft Account Recovery form is the only way you can recover an account. I understand that this is not the answer you were looking for, but it is the only valid answer. If you contact Microsoft support you will be told the same thing. Microsoft Support cannot reset your password or provide a link to reset your password.

Help with the Microsoft account recovery form.

I suggest you try to fill out the account recovery form again. It is possible to fill the form twice a day. If you are having trouble with the recovery request, you can always create a new account and try again later when you remember something new that might help.

In the online form, you will be asked about the subject lines of the emails you have recently sent from your account, your date of birth, your credit card information and other details that only you can know. You don't need to know all the answers. If you don't know the exact answer, just give a close answer.
Thema:

1. Help - Xbox Live refund and don't know Microsoft account details - Similar Threads - Help Live refund

2. Help with Xbox live party’s, connecting only issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with Xbox live party’s, connecting only issue: hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek urgent assistance regarding a perplexing issue that has recently arisen with my Xbox Series X/S. In the past two weeks, I've encountered a...
  3. I just got an second hand xbox 360 but the internet and xbox live dont work please help i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got an second hand xbox 360 but the internet and xbox live dont work please help i...: Please help [img] e26eafb7-5c77-4439-82c7-628498dfa87d
  4. UPS didn't deliver my Xbox and I can't get reach a live support person for help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    UPS didn't deliver my Xbox and I can't get reach a live support person for help?: HI I ordered an xbox in January then UPS wouldn't deliver my xbox to me. I tried calling Customer Support got thru and they said they would escalate and I would I get an email in 2 days its been...
  5. Is there any Moderators or Xbox live Ambassadors on this forums can help me?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any Moderators or Xbox live Ambassadors on this forums can help me?: IS there any Xbox live Ambassadors or Moderators on this Forums page can help me? Regarding the xbox support or a way to contact the Customer services by phone etc, sunce I've trying to contact...
  6. Xbox live device id help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live device id help: I don't have my same xbox I used to have and I'm locked out of my microsoft account how do I get my live device id I have all of my other info to get my account unlocked which I also don't even...
  7. Xbox live I remote play as well it's kinda frustrating but I hope you can help. thank you.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live I remote play as well it's kinda frustrating but I hope you can help. thank you.: can't no connect cause I'm also trying to do remote play and planning to purchase GPU to cloud gaming as well but currently I'm having issue to connect. I hope you can help me thank you....
  8. Xbox live, random charges, can’t get help, need a refund person, HELP HELP HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live, random charges, can’t get help, need a refund person, HELP HELP HELP: HOW DO I CONTACT MICROSOFT AND ITS AND ACTUAL LEGIT PERSON FROM USA NOT A SCETCHY GUY THAT WANTS MY CARD NUMBER!!! I need to figure out why I am being charged for Xbox live but am not receiving...
  9. Help about xbox live refund

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help about xbox live refund: Hello,I recently receive a email from microsoft about the recent rebuy of the xbox live of 59.99 euro, unfortunatly i am not playing xbox one anymore because i bought a new computer, i dont know...
  10. Need help to get refund for auto-renewal Xbox Live Gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help to get refund for auto-renewal Xbox Live Gold: Hello! 23 January 2018 from my account automatically debited the amount of RUR 599 for a Xbox Live Gold subscription 1 month. Please cancel my subscription and refund my money 599 RUR to my...