HELP!! XBox guest key needed to add parent account

Discus and support HELP!! XBox guest key needed to add parent account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; HI Continuing on from my previous post of my son accidentally deleting my parent profile from his XBox 1. Ive followed everyones advice to try and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NikkiKruik, Feb 4, 2020.

1. NikkiKruik
    NikkiKruik Guest

HI

Continuing on from my previous post of my son accidentally deleting my parent profile from his XBox 1.

Ive followed everyones advice to try and add myself back but it keeps asking for a guest key before i can re-add myself. He doesnt know what the guest key is? How do we work around this? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

:)

NikkiKruik, Feb 4, 2020
  2. NikkiKruik Win User

Hi

Unfortunately whenever he enters an incorrect passkey it just kicks him out of the setting section.:(
  3. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello NikkiKruik,

Thank you for keeping us updated. A forgotten guest key can be reset by any adult, as long as that person knows their Microsoft account password and is signed in on the console.

1. Follow the steps to remove a guest key.
    2. When you’re prompted to enter the guest key, enter an incorrect key three times, and then enter your Microsoft account password to remove the guest key.
    3. If you want to create a new guest key, select Create a guest key and follow the steps

Those would be the only steps for forgotten passkey that we have on the support article linked above. At this point, please follow the steps in the second link above for a factory reset. I'll go ahead and link it here for you as well: Factory
    reset
  4. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

entering an incorrect Guest key a couple of times should result in having to specify the account password to get access as mentioned here:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/Family-Online-Safety/passkey-guest-key/setup-guest-key-limits

If that process doesn't work due to the parental account being removed, then you could try a Factory Reset on the console, this will require any Xbox Live Accounts to be redownloaded to the console again, but you can choose to keep games and apps installed.

In regards to factory reset, I assume this you go to the settings and perform it via the console settings itself, the steps can be found here:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/search?phrase=Factory%20Reset
  5. SimonLunn3 Win User

Deleted adult account and now stuck as Unknown guest key

Thanks for this.

Unfortunately it does not resolve things.

If I try and change guest key it says I first must remove guest key.

But if I try and remove guest key then when I get to ‘settings’-‘system’-‘signed out content restrictions’ it says I need an adult account.

But If I try and ‘add new’ ie add a new adult account I need my guest key.

Hence being massively stuck!

Any further help will be greatly appreciated
  6. Mistress Sara Win User

parents control not working with games that allow to play as GUEST

Hi there,

Have you tried to create a
    Guest Key
    so that a guest account can't be created?

On your Xbox, press the Xbox button, then select Settings
    > All settings > System > Signed-out content restrictions. Then create a guest key and turn off
    Let people download & make new accounts. From then on, you'll need a guest key to add new accounts.
Thema:

1. HELP!! XBox guest key needed to add parent account - Similar Threads - HELP guest key

2. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  3. Bugged control of the analog sticks on Xbox. Can someone help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bugged control of the analog sticks on Xbox. Can someone help?: I have problems with the controls on my Xbox. After I open a game I see on the controls tester app that the controls are bugged "Spongy". I see it mainly on the analog sticks, before I start a...
  4. I need help updating my xbox x

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help updating my xbox x: need help updating my xbox x but it keeps diplaing error code 80070570 00000000 00000301 i tried waiting it out but no luck and no one else seems to have had this error code before. Please help...
  5. Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?: Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox? a7fb3d03-9704-4297-a118-761e51fe8ed9
  6. need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...

in XBoX on Windows
    need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...: I understand it is not easy to or may be impossible to alter the outcome, but I would appreciate some guidance. I'm a support worker caring for a young person who has been issued a year-long...
  7. Xbox app refuses to start need some help.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app refuses to start need some help.: So when i start my xbox app i get an error message saying "cant find program" and then i get a black updating screen stuck on 0% Any ideas how to fix this? submitted by /u/CeilingCrawler...
  8. I need help pairing my xbox one controller

in XboX Insiders
    I need help pairing my xbox one controller: So I have an Xbox 1 with 200 games on it that are very legendary and I hold dear to my heart. I stop playing my Xbox 1 and return from my Xbox Series S. Now I've want to replay the games but my...
  9. Guest account not working for split screen gameplay . Help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Guest account not working for split screen gameplay . Help!: Split screen on series x isn't working on Cold War. Is anyone else having this issue? We have tried every way we can possibly think of to have a guest join on multiplayer and zombies but nothing...
  10. Help my guest account is not popping up

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help my guest account is not popping up: So when trying to log my brother into the guest account we noticed that it wasn't there can someone at the Microsoft HQ tell me what to do to fix it? c3135ea8-a870-457f-8e2c-a1b2d60eda8e