Help with Xbox Music

Discus and support Help with Xbox Music in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I decided to use Xbox Music to play some songs from my PC and I find it frustrating that every time a new song comes on it feels the need to switch... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BryceF, Jan 1, 2014.

1. BryceF
    BryceF Guest

Help with Xbox Music

So I decided to use Xbox Music to play some songs from my PC and I find it frustrating that every time a new song comes on it feels the need to switch away from the main app and go to the snapped music app.

Was this by design to force people to sign up for the Xbox Music pass subscription? I noticed when I played a song officially from the Xbox Music store it came with a nice background picture and when a new song came on it didn't switch away from the main
    app.

Can anyone else shed light on this?

:)

BryceF, Jan 1, 2014
  2. Mister Parks
    Mister Parks Guest
    "Add to my music" doesn't work for full albums - Windows RT

Hey there KilledByDeath,

To help us clarify the issue a little better, are you currently on a Zune Music Pass using the Xbox Music app, or are you subscribed to an Xbox Music Pass, specifically?

Let us know. For the best performance with the Xbox Music app, an Xbox Music Pass is recommended.

Mister Parks, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Mister Parks
    Mister Parks Guest
    XBOX Music Download Error on W8 PC

Hello BIONIC79,

Sorry for the delay in getting a response to you.

For music that was purchased through the Xbox Music app, in Windows Explorer open the Music folder, there should be an Xbox Music folder there.

For music that was downloaded with your Xbox Music Pass, in the same Music folder, look for a folder labeled Subscription. You'll find the downloaded files there.

Hope this help you out.

Mister Parks, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest

Help with Xbox Music

Hey there Bryce!

Just to be sure we're all on the same page, are you saying that only when you're playing music from your PC to your Xbox One console, it will select the snapped Xbox Music App screen when the song changes? Then you'll have to double tap the Xbox Button to switch
    back over to whatever you were doing? I just want to be certain we understand what you mean.

If that's the case, I can certainly understand wanting it to play without selecting the app after every song.
    I suggest heading over to our
    Feedback Forums
    and making a post so that the feedback team can see it and take it into account.
    =)

Mister Cerb, Jan 2, 2014
  5. BryceF
    BryceF Guest
    Sorry for the late reply. But anyway this bug was fixed in firmware 6.2.10542 (xb_rel_1402.140213-0115) fre

BryceF, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Mister Parks Win User

"Add to my music" doesn't work for full albums - Windows RT

Hey there KilledByDeath,

To help us clarify the issue a little better, are you currently on a Zune Music Pass using the Xbox Music app, or are you subscribed to an Xbox Music Pass, specifically?

Let us know. For the best performance with the Xbox Music app, an Xbox Music Pass is recommended.
  7. Mister Parks Win User

XBOX Music Download Error on W8 PC

Hello BIONIC79,

Sorry for the delay in getting a response to you.

For music that was purchased through the Xbox Music app, in Windows Explorer open the Music folder, there should be an Xbox Music folder there.

For music that was downloaded with your Xbox Music Pass, in the same Music folder, look for a folder labeled Subscription. You'll find the downloaded files there.

Hope this help you out.
  8. Mister Cerb Win User

Help with Xbox Music

Hey there Bryce!

Just to be sure we're all on the same page, are you saying that only when you're playing music from your PC to your Xbox One console, it will select the snapped Xbox Music App screen when the song changes? Then you'll have to double tap the Xbox Button to switch
    back over to whatever you were doing? I just want to be certain we understand what you mean.

If that's the case, I can certainly understand wanting it to play without selecting the app after every song.
    I suggest heading over to our
    Feedback Forums
    and making a post so that the feedback team can see it and take it into account.
    =)
  9. BryceF Win User

Help with Xbox Music

Sorry for the late reply. But anyway this bug was fixed in firmware 6.2.10542 (xb_rel_1402.140213-0115) fre
  10. Mister Parks Win User

Music not syncing to Xbox Music...

Hey Avenger,

Sorry to hear about the issue with your music. I'd like to ask a few questions about the music that you are referring to, that you've added to the Xbox Music Pass folder. Where did you get the music from? Was it on a factory-pressed disc, did you download
    it from an internet music service, etc? If you did download it, where did you get the music from?

Also, about the album title, "American Bang (Deluxe)" is how that album is listed in the Xbox Music catalog. If you like, you can

Report incorrect information in the Xbox Music store
    . Submitting that may help out the title info.

Let us know more info about your music, and if the reporting of incorrect info helps. Thanks.
Thema:

Help with Xbox Music

1. Help with Xbox Music - Similar Threads - Help Music

2. My Xbox is not playing music and movies please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is not playing music and movies please help: Help me solve my Xbox problem of denying video and movie files 3f8adfac-dc4a-416c-a8e2-9589f1d2b55f
  3. XBOX 360 MUSIC TRANSFER NEED HELP FAST

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 MUSIC TRANSFER NEED HELP FAST: Hi , make 2 week i keep looking at getthing back my music from my old xbox 360 that i gave to my sister but i put 3 cd of music in it long time ago by extract cd.. NOW i need you help ,, how can i...
  4. Help. audio issue, music transfer, and dissapearing saved game info

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help. audio issue, music transfer, and dissapearing saved game info: First off, music transfer- i have tried several times to research on how to transfer music to my 360 thats is on my phone, but everything i try ends in failure. Someone please tell me how to do...
  5. Playing Music in the Background through Headset. help please.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing Music in the Background through Headset. help please.: i have the HyperX CloudX headset that plugs directly into the headphone jack on my controller. is it possible to play music through this while gaming? And if so could someone tell me what...
  6. I need help with the Grove Music pass 4 month trial

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I need help with the Grove Music pass 4 month trial: On Aug 31, 2017 I bought the Groove Music Pass 4 month free trial. The description said that I would receive my 3 month code in a few weeks. shortly after I placed that order I bought a 3 month...
  7. Help with groove music deal???

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Help with groove music deal???: My groove just expired...so I get on me Xbox and I see a deal right? Ok so I click on the deal (9.99 for a couple of free months) and it just brings me to the page for one month or a year of...
  8. Music streaming from PC to XBOX sometimes plays at a very slow speed. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Music streaming from PC to XBOX sometimes plays at a very slow speed. Help?: This is a weird issue. For some reason, some music that I stream from my PC to my XBOX plays as if it's been slowed down to a 1/10 it's normal speed. The vocals and everything are pitched down,...
  9. Where the heck is XBOX music help ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where the heck is XBOX music help ?: I am boggled. I have searched and searched. It appears XBOX music is an afterthought, especially if you are using it on PC's and not an XBOX. I have 4 PCs running XBOX music, all windows 8. I also...
  10. Two XBOX music questions..hard to find help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two XBOX music questions..hard to find help: Wow...hard to find help specific to XBOX music from PC's and Tablets so hope you guys can help 1) Playing music, what happened to the full screen part of the app where you saw the artist as the...