Help with the inconsistency of "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one."

Discus and support Help with the inconsistency of "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one." in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; , it's the name of the online persona after getting tired of "Lewa Kieteh" (mostly because it sounds like "shut up" in Spanish). I use it in a lot of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Khataro Rhelnar, Jan 24, 2021.

  1. Help with the inconsistency of "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one."


    , it's the name of the online persona after getting tired of "Lewa Kieteh" (mostly because it sounds like "shut up" in Spanish). I use it in a lot of things: CMDR in Elite Dangerous, Khataro on Steam, even my Minecraft account
    is Khataro. I go to change my Xbox GT to Khataro and "This gamer-tag isn't allowed. Try a different one." happens... Capitalize a random letter and it's fine. Odd. Khat isn't allowed either. But KhaTaro is OK, KHaTARO is OK, what's the deal? Is there some
    foreign word in that name that's getting censored? If so, why does changing the case of a letter change that? I thought case doesn't affect the validity of a GT.

    All that being said, I'm just trying to have consistency in my GT across platforms. If support can set my tag as Khataro, that would be nice.

    :)
     
    Khataro Rhelnar, Jan 24, 2021
    #1
  2. reforc3 Win User

    Help with the inconsistency of "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one."

    Things not allowed in Gamertags?
    • Profane words or phrases.
    • Topics or content of a sexual nature.
    • Hate speech.
    • Illegal drugs or controlled substances. <-- Probably is applying this one due a partial match
    • Illegal activities.
    • Controversial religious topics.
    • Notorious people or organizations.
    • Sensitive current or historical events.
    • Any “sound-alike” or “lookalike” words, phrases, or puns that reference these topics

    Regarding the support team,

    try by getting in contact with a staff member to try to resolve your issue directly:

    https://support.xbox.com/en-us/contact-us
  3. Khataro Rhelnar Win User

    Help with the inconsistency of "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one."

    Why do they give drugs such weird names? I've never heard of that. Ah well, I have it set as KHaTaro, using unicode letters that make the H and T smallish.
  4. 98060189-bdd0-49ac-a Win User

    This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one.

    But the gamertag that I want to change is my old gamertag. I change my old gamertag on 2 August 2020. I used that old gamertag when I create my Xbox account. At that time, the system allow me to use that gamertag. But when I want to change it back, the system don't allow me to use it. Why is this like that?
  5. ImAice Win User

    This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one.

    Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

    I'm sorry to hear that. Please don't get me wrong but I'd like to be honest with you that there are certain reasons as to why it isn't allowed and it's the enforcement team who decides. Most likely, a letter combination is not allowed or it's a gamertag of a banned account. I hope you understand.
  6. Jesse E' Win User

    This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one.

    First, I'm just a gamer like you and I don't work for Microsoft. This is the community where gamers assist gamers. Secondly, I'm sure that there's no way around this and support can't assist with this either. I speak from experience. Once the system says the tag is inappropriate, you just have to edit it or choose a different one completely
Thema:

Help with the inconsistency of "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one."

Loading...
  1. Help with the inconsistency of "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one." - Similar Threads - Help inconsistency gamertag

  2. I need Help with insider updates

    in XboX Insiders
    I need Help with insider updates: Hey Guys, I just became an XBOX INSIDER. How do I get my console updated with the insider updates such as mythic achievements? submitted by /u/Ok_Conference_9242 [link] [comments]
  3. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  4. Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!

    in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!: I downloaded Tomb Raider and the Curse of Osiris today to get a Mythic, suddenly the console stopped opening the game giving me an error code, I tried troubleshooting as always, nothing worked,...
  5. Trouble With Disc to Digital: Any Help is Appreciated

    in XboX Insiders
    Trouble With Disc to Digital: Any Help is Appreciated: I heard about the Disk to Digital update on Xbox and joined the Xbox Insider program not too long ago. I've been trying to get my Xbox games to cross over from my Xbox One S to my Xbox Series S....
  6. Pls help me with the disc to digital features for 2k27

    in XboX Insiders
    Pls help me with the disc to digital features for 2k27: I bought 2k27 on disc and I’m trying to get myself the licensing for the game on my account but it won’t let me pls help me I have Xbox insiders for about 3 days now Any suggestions will help...
  7. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  8. Need help accessing disc to digital!

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help accessing disc to digital!: hey there, Xbox Insider Subreddit! I’m an Xbox Insider in the Omega ring and have been enrolled for approximately 4 weeks. My Original Xbox One is currently running xb_flt_2608ge.260805-2200. I’m...
  9. Disc to digital programme help .

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital programme help .: Hello everyone I’ve joined Xbox insider program cause I wanted to do disc to digital, I’ve checked the game list and the game I want to use (F1 2019) is on the list but I’ve put the game in,...
  10. Disc to digital question help!!!

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital question help!!!: I’m an Insider on my Xbox Series S, but my cousin has an Xbox Series X and isn’t an Insider; if I sign in with my account on his Xbox, can I convert the games to my account? submitted by...