Help with setting up account for son

Discus and support Help with setting up account for son in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; The main primary xbox account (inc live membership) is my personal email address. My son has the xbox no one else plays on this, please can someone... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TheCHAPL1NS, Feb 21, 2019.

1. TheCHAPL1NS
    TheCHAPL1NS Guest

The main primary xbox account (inc live membership) is my personal email address. My son has the xbox no one else plays on this, please can someone advise me if I change the email address from mine to his does this mean that he would be able to amend the
    gametag with the account and I would be able to set this account up as a child account? or he would then be in control of the account?

The main issues is I cannot set up a child account without him loosing all his saved games and progress so I was thinking that I might be able to change the email address from mine to his and just limit this account instead?

I hope that this makes sense.

:)

TheCHAPL1NS, Feb 21, 2019
  2. TheCHAPL1NS Win User

that was my last hope I think I will leave the accounts how they are then. Thank you for letting me know.
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

You can not change an adult account to a child account. Deleting the accounts will lose all data and purchases. If you have a Microsoft email (@live.com @hotmail.com @outlook.com) you can not change email as this will delete the account completely.
  4. TheCHAPL1NS Win User

The only other thing I thought I could do was to delete both accounts and set them up again but I would be worried that all his information and games would be lost
  5. choppyseize Win User

You can't change the account from an adult to a child account. You can change the primary email associated with the account though, Which would free up yours
  6. Lovechaser Win User

Difficulties setting up an account for son

Hi,

You can factory reset by following this guide.

This post should help you with setting up content restrictions on your Xbox One without too
    much hassle
Thema:

1. Help with setting up account for son - Similar Threads - Help setting account

2. Help setting up separate game pass accounts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help setting up separate game pass accounts: I am starting a business that uses 10 Xbox consoles. Each consoles will need to have its own game van account. How can I buy a separate game pass account on consoles after the first one. When I...
  3. Family Account Settings Help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family Account Settings Help: Hello. I’ve been playing Sims 4 on Xbox One for a few years now and really want to access the gallery, but every time I try it tells me that it violates my child account settings and that I need...
  4. I can't play on Minecraft realms because of how my account is set up I need help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play on Minecraft realms because of how my account is set up I need help: I currently bought an Xbox series s and I put my Microsoft account on the Xbox series s and since then I haven't been able to play on Minecraft realms at all but I can play online multiplayer with...
  5. Help set up account wrong and need to change without losing my sons stuff

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help set up account wrong and need to change without losing my sons stuff: When i first got my son an xbox i didnt know what i was doing so i set up an account but his "user name" and everything he plays is set up to me. Therefore he can purchase things and change things...
  6. "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?: I have been playing minecraft frequently for a while now, and this error continues to show up, and then go away after a day or so. At the moment, I haven't been able to play multi-player on any of...
  7. "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?: I made my account year ago and i left so i dont know what happened but when im back and im playing Minecraft PocketEdition in multiplayer it say that i cannot join servers because of "You cannot...
  8. "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?: I try to play minecraft with my friends onlion with xbox one but It couldn’t work. Please help!! [img] 4668cfd5-1a50-4bd0-9231-11c3ef6c2fbb
  9. "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?: Before this everything has been working fine! then suddenly I couldn't join servers or my friends! I do get I have to change it but how and where, can someone drop a link for me??...
  10. Help didn't think to set up live account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help didn't think to set up live account: my kids are coming to visit me for the first time bought a new Xbox One and forgot to get a live account started thought it would be a free one maybe a trial subscription inside but didn't find...