Help with redeeming xbox gift card in Australian dollars with a .co.uk email address

Discus and support Help with redeeming xbox gift card in Australian dollars with a .co.uk email address in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a UK email address but live in Australia. I have received am xbox gift card in australian dollars but when I try to redeem it's says I can't... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by meghan lucken, Dec 31, 2022.

1. Help with redeeming xbox gift card in Australian dollars with a .co.uk email address

I have a UK email address but live in Australia. I have received am xbox gift card in australian dollars but when I try to redeem it's says I can't because I'm in a different region...how do I get round this?

:)

meghan lucken, Dec 31, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Help with redeeming xbox gift card in Australian dollars with a .co.uk email address

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

If you have received an Xbox gift card in Australian dollars and are trying to redeem it but are being told that you are in a different region, there are a few steps you can take to try to resolve this issue:

Make sure that your Microsoft account is set to the correct region. To do this, go to account.microsoft.com and sign in with your Microsoft account. Then, click on "Country/Region" under "Your info" on the left side of the screen. Make sure that the country/region is set to Australia.

If your Microsoft account is set to the correct region but you are still having trouble redeeming the gift card, try redeeming it on a different device. For example, if you are trying to redeem it on your Xbox console, try redeeming it on a PC or mobile device instead.
  3. ChiefJoboo Win User

Gift cards

So i use a £10 gift card top up on amazon then i use that to buy another £10 gift card that you redeem the same to topup £10 on xbox i know i bought a amazon card but they both are 25 character digital top up code you know £10 amazon is the same
    as £10 xbox😕
    Yes. You must use the £10 on your amazon account (after you redeem the code if you had one) and then purchase a £10 xbox gift card and then redeem that on Xbox for the money.

Amazon gift card is not the same as an Xbox Gift card, even if they have the same amount of characters in a code. If you try to enter it, it will not accept it.

For example, you will need to buy this (if you're in the UK in the URL):
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Xbox-Live-Store-Currency-Cards/Xbox-Live-Credit-Online-Code/B018FBCUZI/

If the co.uk is not your country, please go to Amazon and search for £10 xbox gift card. It will be emailed to your email that you have on Amazon and then you redeem it here:
    https://redeem.microsoft.com/enter and then you have the money in your account to use.
  4. KindGryphon Win User

5 XBOX Gift Cards purchased ($100 ec) under fraudulent activity. How to stop redemption of these cards? Message me back at: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

I purchased 5 $100 XBOX gift cards under a fraudulent scam. I have a receipt plus the activate code on each card. I need help to stop redemption of these cards. Please give me a call at (Mod Removed) or email at: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.
    There wouldnt be any way to prevent them from redeeming the gift cards if you gave them the codes.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Hello my name is Jason,I run a youtube channel and i wanna change my Gamertag but when i try to reedem a money code it can, This stated in january 2014 or December 29th 2013

That's a region error:

Error 80122734 occurs when you try to redeem an Xbox gift card on Xbox 360
    Problem

You see the following error code when you try to redeem an Xbox gift card:

• Error 80122734
    This means that the currency that the gift card is in doesn’t match the currency used by your Microsoft account. For example, you have a gift card in Canadian dollars. That card can’t be redeemed on a US Microsoft account, which uses US dollars.

Solution

To resolve this problem, you can try to return or exchange the Xbox gift card at the retailer from whom you purchased it. Then, make sure that you obtain a card in the correct currency for your Microsoft account.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Bought 100 dollar xbox gift card but did not receive it on my account

Hi Charles,

Thank you for coming to the Xbox forums, I'd be happy to explain how Xbox Gift cards work.

Did you buy a pre-paid gift card from a retailer or local convenient store? Or did you buy a

digital code online
    ?

With either method, you still need to redeem the code to your Microsoft Account, and you can do so in many different ways. Take a look at this guide "Redeem
    a gift card or code to your Microsoft account
    " with steps on how to redeem your 100 dollar gift card.

I hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Help with redeeming xbox gift card in Australian dollars with a .co.uk email address - Similar Threads - Help redeeming gift

2. Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?: Under rewards it added phone verification and it won't let me put my number in. Never had to do this before usually just got points and redeemed them. cab72864-61a6-4845-b498-d45fe2990133
  3. Dear Microsoft I need you to help me because I have redeemed 100 rubux and the code did not...

in XBoX on Windows
    Dear Microsoft I need you to help me because I have redeemed 100 rubux and the code did not...: My rubux i reedmed witch was 100 rubux don’t work the code Dosent I want compition witch is that I want 1000.rubux beacuse my code dont work 2d757090-6611-43a0-8e57-ca3937587095
  4. Cannot Redeem Gift card on Microsoft Rewards! Please help!

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot Redeem Gift card on Microsoft Rewards! Please help!: [img] I wanted to redeem a gift card on Microsoft Rewards, but I couldn't for the past few days. On the Phone Verification, "Send" button has been staying gray color instead of blue. This has...
  5. Could you please help me redeem my Roblox gift card?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Could you please help me redeem my Roblox gift card?: Hello Microsoft, hope this email finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance regarding an issue I encountered while attempting to redeem a gift card on my Roblox account. The difficulty I am...
  6. I cant redeem my Java and Bedrock edition for PC gift card, please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant redeem my Java and Bedrock edition for PC gift card, please help: I've followed instructions on the card and on the Minecraft and Microsoft wedsite and nothing has helped or worked, and it is saying I may be ineligible to redeem the card, but why?...
  7. i can't redeem a gift card code on my Xbox One Store pls help

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    i can't redeem a gift card code on my Xbox One Store pls help: I get an internal error i have tried since yesterday and i really need to buy something in the xbox store anyone can help? 26023bb7-d8eb-4111-b03a-10e8d86738be
  8. Reward: $5 Xbox Digital Gift Card not able to REDEEM, please HELP.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Reward: $5 Xbox Digital Gift Card not able to REDEEM, please HELP.: Redeem not working Reward: $5 Xbox Digital Gift Card Order Confirmation: 551361496364061 Promo Code: [Mod Removed ] Reward: $5 Xbox Digital Gift Card Order Confirmation: 545655112321086...
  9. Help me I cant redeem my xbox gift card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help me I cant redeem my xbox gift card: It comes up with a error message like this code not found I entered it correctly still doesn't work 05c850ac-ded5-4b00-918f-89f4d7bd8ce7
  10. Help me , I redeem code input screen show "18.00 USD Microsoft gift card" but unexpected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help me , I redeem code input screen show "18.00 USD Microsoft gift card" but unexpected: Hi support ! I redeem code input screen show "18.00 USD Microsoft gift card" but unexpected with error "Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred. The error has been recorded and we will...