Help with goin off-line to play blu rays n dvds until I get internet hooked up, it says to ...

Discus and support Help with goin off-line to play blu rays n dvds until I get internet hooked up, it says to ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Xbox one is demanding I hook up to internet which I do not have yet, so I'm trying to play movies until then but I can't get the Xbox button to bring... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TaillessHat80, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Help with goin off-line to play blu rays n dvds until I get internet hooked up, it says to ...

Xbox one is demanding I hook up to internet which I do not have yet, so I'm trying to play movies until then but I can't get the Xbox button to bring up settings so I can switch to offline..what can or should I do for now to fix so I can watch blu ray movies?
    Thx in advance 4 help!

:)

TaillessHat80, Dec 24, 2017
  2. pd730
    pd730 Guest
    Optical out audio connection

I have a similar situation - an older, but very nice A/V Receiver without HDMI-in but does do DTS (why upgrade when it works perfectly). I run everything optical through it and HDMI directly to the TV, but now I won't get surround at all from the Xbox One
    until they patch it?! So games, Blu-rays, TV pass-thru, everything will be down-mixed to stereo until then? That's ridiculous.

So much for being the "One" as I have to keep my 3D Blu-ray player for 3D Blu-rays and watching regular Blu-rays and DVDs in surround :-(

pd730, Dec 24, 2017
  3. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest
    Is the xbox one worth it to play offline

Xbox One is really made to be online. It'll be fine to play offline, but you won't get many apps and can't play DVDs/Blu Rays until you download that app.

CMUchippewa, Dec 24, 2017
  4. Lestat Phoenix Win User

Will the HD DVD xbox360 drive work on the X1?

I'm just curios...Why in the world would u want to hook up a HD-DVD add on...It plays Blu-ray..I don't get that...
  5. TangentialShark Win User

Bluray movie on xbox one

The dongle? If you are referring to the HD DVD add-on, that is different. When the Xbox 360 launched HD DVD and Blu-Ray were competing for the future of disk based media and Blu-Ray won. To watch HD-DVD movies on the Xbox 360 you had to purchase a separate
    device but regular DVD's can be watched without any hook-ups.
  6. Ge Men Re Win User

Will the Xbox One have A/V connections for Surround Sound for Sub Woofers?

Well, it somehow introduces my question:

The upcoming Xbox One is being marketed as a multimedia center device. It would be great if I could get rid of my old 3D Blu Ray Player and the even older DVD Player that I only use for my SACD listening (needless to say, that I intend to hook up the new
    Xbox to my existing Hi Fi setting).

Will Xbox One support SACD, DVD-A and 3D in Blu Ray?
  7. PwnedByBrandon Win User

blu-Ray player app won't play certain DVDs

I can't get any Blu Ray discs or DVDs to play. The Blu Ray loading screen will pop up and the little loading circle will start spinning, then I can hear the Blu Ray or DVD playing but it will never show video, just stay on the loading screen. I have tried
    this with several different discs and uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times with the same results. Can anyone help?
  8. Internet Expert Win User

HD DVD Drive - Will it ever work for XBONE S or X?

The HD DVD player was released for the Xbox 360 during the middle of the "format wars" between HD DVD and Blu-Ray, and Blu-Ray was the ultimate victor.

If you want to continue using that player, you'll have to hook it up to another working Xbox 360 console.

There are no plans or announcements to add support for the HD DVD player on the Xbox One. There hasn't been a movie released on HD DVD since 2008, and you can get the same movies on Blu-Ray or streamed online anyway.
Thema:

Help with goin off-line to play blu rays n dvds until I get internet hooked up, it says to ...

1. Help with goin off-line to play blu rays n dvds until I get internet hooked up, it says to ... - Similar Threads - Help goin off

2. Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping: I can’t believe I’m even having this issue. It has taken me 1.5 years to get back an Elite Series 2 controller that I sent in for warranty repair along with its accessories. However, the...
  3. please help me

in XBoX on Windows
    please help me: In 2021 I got an Xbox 360 with Minecraft on it and a nice hard drive. Three years later the hard drive started making this clicking sound then the Xbox button turn red and E68 error code. I got my...
  4. Please help me. I don’t know what to do. My account banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help me. I don’t know what to do. My account banned: Hello. Please help me. I got my only account banned. I have serious health problems and I don't have many joys in life other than playing my xbox. no friends no girlfriend. I am depressed. The...
  5. Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S: The Microsoft store app is days in an eternal update, at some point in the update there is an error in which it is (0x87e00017)only that games are installing normally less other apps like Bing,...
  6. Is there a fix for my fallout 4 not importing my saved data. Any help would be massively...

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a fix for my fallout 4 not importing my saved data. Any help would be massively...: Hello, I have a lot of saved games and characters on my fallout 4, wanting to get back into it. I’ve been spending hours and hours searching online and trying to find fixes for this issue, I’ve...
  7. Pc controller input bug need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pc controller input bug need help: while im playing games like fortnite i can feel my controller input off as if its not working properly and ive had 2 pc's with this same issue where i can unplug and plug it back in and for the...
  8. can someone help me with my xbox one s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can someone help me with my xbox one s?: my xbox one s turns on, but doesn’t display anything to my tv, controllers can’t connect and my xbox turns off after about 20 seconds, i’ve tried hard resetting it but that doesn’t work either, it...
  9. Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out

in XboX Insiders
    Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out: Hello my sons xbox took a crap, and he doesnt remember the email address that went too it so I was wondering can I put the internal hard dr8ve 8n another xbox one S to retrieve account info or can...
  10. Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?: Under rewards it added phone verification and it won't let me put my number in. Never had to do this before usually just got points and redeemed them. cab72864-61a6-4845-b498-d45fe2990133