help with gaming services on win 11 for Xbox app

Discus and support help with gaming services on win 11 for Xbox app in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Just got removed my post asking for help regarding the gaming services issue on win 11. No solution worked so far. I just want to get rid off this... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/artdicto, Feb 13, 2023.

1. /u/artdicto
    /u/artdicto Guest

Just got removed my post asking for help regarding the gaming services issue on win 11. No solution worked so far. I just want to get rid off this issue and play my games on game pass.

submitted by /u/artdicto
    [link] [comments]

/u/artdicto, Feb 13, 2023
  2. AdamDrzewiecki Win User

Gaming Services not running, can't play games

I solved that problem for Win 11 today with help from MS Support. While this problem is pretty easy to fix on Win 10 (just reset both Gaming Services and Xbox app in system - > Apps -> Advanced options and then reboot), there is a little more work to do when it comes to Win 11. What works for me was simply change account for my daughter account, run Xbox app there and then run the game (in my case that was Halo Infinite). Gaming Services on this other account wasn't corrupted and it just overwrite my corrupted version of Gaming Services from main account. Then you just need to reboot your pc and then go to system -> apps -> Xbox app -> 3 dots menu ->reset and after that reboot your pc again. Without resetting the Xbox app you will probably not be able to sign in into your Xbox account after overwriting data in Gaming Services from the other account.

It works just fine for me, especially I just can't erase old Gaming Service trace from my registry on Win 11, so i think the only way is to overwrite.

One thing though - i don't know how it will work with fresh created second account, the one I have used was created around a month ago just after installing fresh Win 11.
  3. MarkusGajda Win User

Xbox app doesn't see C drive at all

yeah i have a similar problem, i just clean installed win 11 again after got my new graphics card.

And now i have hard Xbox app Problems, i cant even choose one drive.

if i delete gaming service over powershell, i can choose a drive, after reinstall the gaming service app i can still download the game i choose with xbox app but i need to delete everytime the gaming service app for new installations. its a mess
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Will Xbox series x controller work with Windows 11

Of course. Why not.

The Xbox app Game Pass App is going to come pre-installed on Windows 11, and Microsft want users to connect their controllers trouble free to the new OS.

The biggest issue would be to check if your PC is compatible for Windows 11, not your controllers.

In any event, Win 11 won't suddenly make Win 10 obsolete.
  5. Gareth Cook1 Win User

Issue when trying to open Xbox games on PC.

The help is appreciated but I'm afraid I've already tried all of these possible solutions, win 11 is up to date all games are up to date the Xbox app and games services are up to date, I've reset, repaired and reinstalled all the games and apps involved, my Xbox subscription is working fine, there are no problems with installing games. all of my games were working fine a couple of days ago, in fact the problem occurred while a was playing mc dungeons.
  6. Gia-N.Duong Win User

Xbox Game Pass for PC, Can't download due to restrictions on account.

Hi Francia.

Thank you for your help.

I tried to install the game directly (foe eg. Immortality) from the Microsoft Store directly and it worked on my Win 11 laptop.

So I get back to Xbox app on my Win 10 desktop and successfully tried to install a game. No error message occured.

Then I get back to my Win 11 laptop and log back into Xbox app with my account and successfully installed Sea of Thieves and Immortality appears as installing.

Only need to try on my Win 11 desktop, but so far so good at this time.

Didn't know why it get back properly.

I suspect the fact that installing the game directly from the Microsoft Store send the correct ID details to the Xbox App regarding the age limitation and birth date.

I'll let you know if everything will be fine in the next days.

Your help was very appreciated.

Thx a lot.
Thema:

1. help with gaming services on win 11 for Xbox app - Similar Threads - help gaming services

2. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  3. Please help, my Xbox shows 80183300 xbox service problem when intra to purchase in game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help, my Xbox shows 80183300 xbox service problem when intra to purchase in game...: Please help, my Xbox shows 80183300 xbox service problem when intra to purchase in game content? My xbox live server is active and working bfb4c5da-ad80-4c72-a8cc-a799343174b4
  4. Microsoft flight Simulator problem that directs me to install gaming services- HELP PLZ

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight Simulator problem that directs me to install gaming services- HELP PLZ: Hi, I uninstalled Microsoft Flight Simulator a while back until I could get a larger SSD installed in my PC. I now want to reinstall and fly again. I noticed the Microsoft Flight Simulator is...
  5. cant get my games service to work so i can play games on pc any help is aprecatied

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant get my games service to work so i can play games on pc any help is aprecatied: any help on getting my game service to work so i can play thank u in advance 41927b95-276b-4469-afa9-90fecd609d66
  6. Gaming Services only 8kb and wont update from xbox app or microsoft store. Can anyone help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services only 8kb and wont update from xbox app or microsoft store. Can anyone help: I am unable to play games on my laptop. From the xbox app I am getting this message after trying to open a game I have installed or game I want to reinstall. Error 0x80080005 [img] [img]...
  7. Xbox app in pc doesn't work: Gaming services failed with error code 0x80080005. Help please!

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app in pc doesn't work: Gaming services failed with error code 0x80080005. Help please!: I had to reinstall windows 11 and ever since I've had issue with Xbox app. I've reinstalled the app several items. Updated from store etc. But still having the issue. Please advise...
  8. Need help with installing gaming services in xbox pc app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with installing gaming services in xbox pc app: So to start off, I tried to install a game from gamepass on the xbox app on the pc, but then when the download got stuck, I closed out the app to try and get it unstuck. When I restarted the app...
  9. Gaming Services not working! Please help! PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gaming Services not working! Please help! PC: Hi, about a week ago, my gamepass app on PC suddenly stopped letting me install any games due to a issue with GamingServices. At first I was confused since it was working perfectly fine the...
  10. Trying to reinstall gaming services with online help and get error

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to reinstall gaming services with online help and get error: I get this error whenever i try to run the command please help. [img] 155db545-5ab8-4cd4-b107-08cde4f8c423