Help with connecting to Xbox network. I downloaded MW 2 and my Xbox won’t connect

Discus and support Help with connecting to Xbox network. I downloaded MW 2 and my Xbox won’t connect in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just got an Xbox Series S. I downloaded Modern Warfare 2 and it won’t connect to the Xbox network and my internet connection is fine and everything.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Josh Carrick, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Josh Carrick
    Josh Carrick Guest

Help with connecting to Xbox network. I downloaded MW 2 and my Xbox won’t connect

I just got an Xbox Series S. I downloaded Modern Warfare 2 and it won’t connect to the Xbox network and my internet connection is fine and everything. It says connecting to Xbox network and then screen starts glitching and it doesn’t move forward. I have even uninstalled the game and installed it again. But when I press A at the main screen it goes to the connection screen and that is as far as it goes….Can anyone help me?

:)

Josh Carrick, Mar 21, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Josh!

Let's check first your Xbox's detailed network statistics.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.
    Select Test network connection, Test Multiplayer, and Test NAT type.

Let me know what the results are.

Also, does the issue happen to that game alone? Are you able to play your other games online & multiplayer with no issue?

I suggest that we also perform a power cycle on your console. Press and hold Xbox's power button for 10 sec. Unplug the power supply for 30 sec. Plug it back in and turn it on again.

Do the same on your router. Unplug it and wait for at least a minute before turning it back on.
  3. Ck3313 Win User

My Xbox Series X|S cannot connect to the internet with error code: 0x00000000002000000

I have already factory reset my Xbox and can’t log back in because it is unable to connect to a wifi network.

The router is next to the Xbox so it is in range and all other devices are able to connect.

In other words, the network is functional but the Xbox cannot detect it nor connect to the internet via Ethernet cable (it says that it is connected but won’t download, or communicate my Microsoft account).

Prior to the factory reset, I was unable to run any network diagnostic tests on a wired connection and attempting them while connecting wirelessly always resulted in the same error code.
  4. Smartin_22 Win User

Wireless network not connecting to internet

It’s an Xbox One console and yes it does display my wireless network’s name but it won’t connect with it. No codes or error messages come up. It just says it can’t connect to my wireless network and to try unplugging my router/modem for 30 seconds and
    then plug it back in which I have done several times and it still won’t connect.
  5. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

App

6. Nate T999 Win User

Xbox series x won’t stay connected to internet. Just bought today brand new out of the box

I’m having the same issue. I got a series X about 2 weeks ago and it won’t stay connected to WiFi. It usually will only hold connection for a few minutes, anywhere from 2-20 maybe? A couple times it has maintained connection for multiple hours though that is very rare. It sits next to my Xbox One X and a few feet from my PS5, all of which connect to the same WiFi network without issue. Due to location of the router, a hardwire connection isn’t possible.
Thema:

1. Help with connecting to Xbox network. I downloaded MW 2 and my Xbox won’t connect - Similar Threads - Help connecting network

2. Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.: I have been trying to log into my account for a couple of days now and I still cant get in. It keeps telling me im not connected to the internet but my router is working fine. I have tried...
  3. my xbox360 won't conect to my network but my router says its connected... help

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox360 won't conect to my network but my router says its connected... help: my xbox360 won't conect to my network but my router says its connected... help 4f01fe3d-d839-4674-8e0a-abef22f6c9b9
  4. Xbox Series X won´t connect to Network HELP'

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X won´t connect to Network HELP': I tried rebooting but nothing happened so I tried a soft reboot. However, now my Xbox is not connected to any Wi-Fi networks and will not connect to either wireless or wired connections. I'm stuck...
  5. Can't Connect your wireless network Help for Xbox one S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Connect your wireless network Help for Xbox one S: I have been getting the Can't connect to your wireless network hardware problem all day long. When i tried to put my wifi password in on my brother's xbox it seems to be fine. Is there anything i...
  6. Help, Xbox will not connect connect to the network via LAN

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help, Xbox will not connect connect to the network via LAN: When my Xbox One X is connected via LAN (wired), when turning it on most of the time it will not connect to the network. The only way it will then connect is if I switch back and forth between...
  7. Help. I can not connect to the network in Dark soauls 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help. I can not connect to the network in Dark soauls 2: I can not play on the grid in Dark Souls 2 on XBOX 360 writes: You can not play in multiplayer mode, because you do not have network privileges a72cb27e-98aa-4d75-b1fb-9b0345989198
  8. I need someone to help Trouble Shooting Network Connection. I just will not connect anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need someone to help Trouble Shooting Network Connection. I just will not connect anymore: Couple days i ago i buy "for honor" and as you know it was a big problem for most of us. Long story short i had to call my cable provider and restart my router, because of a few things i tried to...
  9. Help! Post update can not connect to wireless network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! Post update can not connect to wireless network.: In the middle of watching my Hulu tonight, the update screen popped up (with no option to finish watching my show) and I had to update. Post update I went to set up the wireless connection,...
  10. xbox connected to network but won't connect to internet HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox connected to network but won't connect to internet HELP!: i brought a brand new xbox and in initial setup straight away it will not connect to internet i have tried loads of different suggestions and been through the support stuff nothing has worked and...