Help with account recovery

Discus and support Help with account recovery in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My friend has forgotten her password to her xbox account. She has a two step verification on a phone she no longer has. She tried to contact microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by I Remedial I, May 26, 2023.

1. I Remedial I
    I Remedial I Guest

My friend has forgotten her password to her xbox account. She has a two step verification on a phone she no longer has. She tried to contact microsoft support but got denied every time. She is getting a new console soon and doesnt want to get a new account where she would have nothing. I will try to stay in contact as much as i can but cant say if ill be able to respond since exams and such. She has tried every old password, creditcard, id and so on. I am willing to speak on phone if needed and provide screenshots of her being on the account aswell as the email its residing on.

Microsoft support only told me about the option of "reseting password" which is not helpfull at all.

Pls help.

@AnyMicrosoftEmployee

Ps. I will provide the name and email of the account in a private conversation.

:)

I Remedial I, May 26, 2023
  2. I Remedial I Win User

Thanks for answering however i knew abot the 2fa blockade and we tried to overcome it on microsoft support. The problem was that is says that if you have 2fa turned on, that methode will won't work. That is why I wanted to first post this on the forums mabye to catch a microsoft employee's attention and if this didn't work I am thinking of trying calling directly. I appreciate you answering tho.

Edit:forgot to mention that the support methode I tried was the one you linked but got rejected just as my friend did after countless tries for 4 YEARS. After using this methode and providing creditcard info (that was required), xbox live console id, phone number, previous passwords, name and adress. Even all that was not enough.
  3. KindGryphon Win User

Yes, that is what I´m telling you :(

Recovering a 2fa method is pretty much impossible without the authentication method(phone or email)
    Or the backup codes given to you when 2fa is first enabled.
  4. DeniqL Win User

Yes, that is what I´m telling you :(

Recovering a 2fa method is pretty much impossible without the authentication method(phone or email)
  5. DeniqL Win User

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Unfortunately that is the problem with the 2fa.

It is highly impossible for you to recover your account, unless you remember your password or recover back your security proof.

You can refer to this thread going in depth about 2fa

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com...
  6. bowski477 Win User

How to recover email that I can't access?

Thema:

1. Help with account recovery - Similar Threads - Help account recovery

2. I need help with my account and xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with my account and xbox: I haven't used my xbox since friday, went to use it yesterday on Monday and it was fine until Monday evening when everything was slow and if I clicked on a app it would freeze for a minute then it...
  3. Epic games Account problem help please

in XBoX on Windows
    Epic games Account problem help please: Hi my name is Bryson Wiggins I have made an Xbox account a while ago then I played Fortnite on it and it made a Fortnite account so one day I went on Fortnite and it said it was unlinked I don’t...
  4. I need help finding out which microsoft account is connected to my PlayStation account can...

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help finding out which microsoft account is connected to my PlayStation account can...: Basically my PlayStation account on minecraft Isn’t letting me sign in and I’ve tried multiple accounts to determine which one it is and its not even telling me which one it is. Can anyone please...
  5. Can someone please help me with Account Recovery?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone please help me with Account Recovery?: Can ANYONE PLEASE help me recover my other account? I had to make a new account just to try to get in contact with support. When I try to sign in, it wants me to verify with a phone number I do...
  6. Account taken over - help with recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account taken over - help with recovery: Hi My son was playing Minecraft and got tricked into entering the email code into a Discord chat. The email address then received this message: [img] Microsoft account team <*** Die...
  7. Microsoft Account Hacked, Attempted recovery and need help URGENTLY

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Account Hacked, Attempted recovery and need help URGENTLY: My account has been compromised due to malware of some sort. My email, password and contact details were all changed and I now cannot even use the account recovery tool to get it back. I have...
  8. Is there a phone number i can call for help with an account recovery?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a phone number i can call for help with an account recovery?: On line is impossible for me to recover my account do to the fact that I do not own the phone number and hotmail email address to reset my password anymore. 0781491f-4d23-460a-914a-c94c7215c0db
  9. I lost my account and need help with the recovery questions

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lost my account and need help with the recovery questions: I asked a question like this a few days ago and someone helped me by saying to fill in the microsoft recovery questions and then I would get my account back. But, it hasn't been solved yet....
  10. Help with account recovery /New series x stuttering/flashing/freezing/crashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with account recovery /New series x stuttering/flashing/freezing/crashing: I need help recovering my main account as well as help with a new series x freezing/crashing. I have forgotten my password to log in. I have tried all other options including the recovery form. I...