Help with a diagnosis? Cant tell if its a preview bug or a faulty HDMI cable.

Discus and support Help with a diagnosis? Cant tell if its a preview bug or a faulty HDMI cable. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey guys so my xbox just downloaded a new preview update a few days ago. i turned my xbox on this morning and there was a long grey bar covering the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DewyTheD, Sep 13, 2021.

  1. /u/DewyTheD
    /u/DewyTheD Guest

    Help with a diagnosis? Cant tell if its a preview bug or a faulty HDMI cable.


    Hey guys so my xbox just downloaded a new preview update a few days ago. i turned my xbox on this morning and there was a long grey bar covering the top of my screen.

    I unplugged and replugged every cable into my xbox and it didnt fix the problem.

    However, i swapped HDMI cables and then poof the line was gone. Easy fix right? Broken cable.

    But, i plugged the original cable back in after and now its fine.

    You guys think it could be a preview bug? I dont think its my GPU because i would be seeing weird artifacting in games and im not seeing anything wrong or weird in games.

    submitted by /u/DewyTheD
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/DewyTheD, Sep 13, 2021
    #1
  2. Slobosaurus Win User

    Black screen

    Could be an issue with the xbox, hard reseting it may help. Its more likely to be a faulty HDMI cable though!
  3. RocNrolla Win User

    Need help resolving xbox one problem

    double check your connections...HDMI cable might not be plugged in properly or its faulty...try a different HDMI cable.
  4. PARZIVAL XB1X Win User

    Monitor keeps turning off then on

    Swap the hdmi cables sounds like its faulty
  5. Malacath Win User

    Screen is black, days after update.

    You sound like you may have a different problem that the one added by the update. Because for the normal black screen bug the sound still works.

    Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

    Have you tried plugging into a different HDMI socket?

    It sounds like there is no picture or sound being received by your tv which means either your TV, HDMI cable or console is faulty.

    If you have any other HDMI devices then try plugging them into the tv to rule out a faulty tv
  6. Wadski Win User

    Can NOT remove myself from the XBOX PREVIEW! XBOX support is going in circles...

    Sorry Dude

    You cant remove the preview version.

    If it helps, Im in the UK with a X1X from Game and have the preview UI and I havent had any problems.

    Have you tried a different screen and a different HDMI cable? Have you tried moving your X1X into a more ventilated area just to see if its heat related?

    I doubt that the Preview version is your problem.
Thema:

Help with a diagnosis? Cant tell if its a preview bug or a faulty HDMI cable.

Loading...
  1. Help with a diagnosis? Cant tell if its a preview bug or a faulty HDMI cable. - Similar Threads - Help diagnosis Cant

  2. Trouble With Disc to Digital: Any Help is Appreciated

    in XboX Insiders
    Trouble With Disc to Digital: Any Help is Appreciated: I heard about the Disk to Digital update on Xbox and joined the Xbox Insider program not too long ago. I've been trying to get my Xbox games to cross over from my Xbox One S to my Xbox Series S....
  3. Pls help me with the disc to digital features for 2k27

    in XboX Insiders
    Pls help me with the disc to digital features for 2k27: I bought 2k27 on disc and I’m trying to get myself the licensing for the game on my account but it won’t let me pls help me I have Xbox insiders for about 3 days now Any suggestions will help...
  4. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  5. Need help accessing disc to digital!

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help accessing disc to digital!: hey there, Xbox Insider Subreddit! I’m an Xbox Insider in the Omega ring and have been enrolled for approximately 4 weeks. My Original Xbox One is currently running xb_flt_2608ge.260805-2200. I’m...
  6. Disc to digital programme help .

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital programme help .: Hello everyone I’ve joined Xbox insider program cause I wanted to do disc to digital, I’ve checked the game list and the game I want to use (F1 2019) is on the list but I’ve put the game in,...
  7. Disc to digital question help!!!

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital question help!!!: I’m an Insider on my Xbox Series S, but my cousin has an Xbox Series X and isn’t an Insider; if I sign in with my account on his Xbox, can I convert the games to my account? submitted by...
  8. request for help so i added call of duty black ops 7 disc to digital and it only gives...

    in XboX Insiders
    request for help so i added call of duty black ops 7 disc to digital and it only gives...: Can someone please help me as my xbox account says i do not own the digital version when i upgraded my disc to digital i just want help getting the game assigned to my account using the new xbox...
  9. All My Games Disc to Digital to help someone make a list

    in XboX Insiders
    All My Games Disc to Digital to help someone make a list: This is all my disc games! I keep all my games looking the best unless i got it from a friend or marketplace :( But I hope this helps anyone who wants to know what works and what doesn't. Enjoy!...
  10. Hilp me Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox

    in XboX Insiders
    Hilp me Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox: Please help me resolve the issue of needing to change the store region. on xbox submitted by /u/Fabulous_Stock_5066 [link] [comments]