(Help) Wireless Display App (for Xbox) not working (lag/sync issues)

Discus and support (Help) Wireless Display App (for Xbox) not working (lag/sync issues) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been using the Wireless Display App to watch movies on my Xbox (casting from my PC) for around 1-2 years now for the most part without issue, but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Alexander Aston, Aug 7, 2022.

1. (Help) Wireless Display App (for Xbox) not working (lag/sync issues)

I've been using the Wireless Display App to watch movies on my Xbox (casting from my PC) for around 1-2 years now for the most part without issue, but for the past 4+ days the cast is constantly out of sync and tends to disconnect after a couple minutes of use. I also can't use the Xbox controller to move the cursor when synced, even though this was not a problem in the past.

I'm not sure what the issue is since both my PC and Xbox are up to date and my network is as stable as it's always been. Has anyone dealt with a similar problem and/or have any potential fixes to ensure the cast connects properly without lag or sync issues?

:)

Alexander Aston, Aug 7, 2022
  2. EFRAIM ROSARIO Win User

I'm having the same issue where my phone is not allowing me to connect to the wireless display app on the xbox one. I do not have 5G or 2G separation mine specifies spectrum setup - 8D Is there any way for troubleshooting this.
  3. Alexander Aston Win User

Might have found a solution switched the wi-fi network to 2.4G instead of 5G, it seems to be connecting fine now without issue.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Alexander

Do you know if the wireless app or your Windows system (or any hardware component) received recently an update ?

If that's not the case, and to isolate a bit more the issue.

Please try connecting both Xbox and PC momentarily to a different wifi network.

For example share mobile via wifi hotspot and connect the devices in that way.

Also, tell me which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this. In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed

I'll be waiting for your reply, greetings!
  5. Mumbles786 Win User

Anyone having trouble with media player not working?

i am having the same issue. also dlna stop working and wireless display preview app lags
  6. Mumbles786 Win User

Background music

I cant get background music to work. Wireless display preview app lags, media player doesn't recognize hard drives, and dlna stop working.
Thema:

1. (Help) Wireless Display App (for Xbox) not working (lag/sync issues) - Similar Threads - Help Wireless Display

2. We need some Wireless controller help

in XboX Insiders
    We need some Wireless controller help: My son has an Xbox One and we bought him a wireless controller that has one of those USB receivers he lost the receiver. I'm a gamer myself and I'm under the understanding that if he didn't have...
  3. Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any...: Xbox series X struggles to connect with a wired network. It often disconnects with a wired network and it WILL NOT detect ANY wireless networks. Even took it to my brother’s house and it still had...
  4. Need help with my Xbox Wireless Headset not working properly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with my Xbox Wireless Headset not working properly.: My xbox wireless headset connects to my pc (windows 11), but doesnt play any sound and the mic is not recognised either. My headset is up to date on updates and so is my windows. Other wireless...
  5. HELP!!!! MY RIGHT JOYSTICK ON ALL 3 OF MY WIRELESS XBOX CONTROLLERS STOPED RESPONDING ( MY...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP!!!! MY RIGHT JOYSTICK ON ALL 3 OF MY WIRELESS XBOX CONTROLLERS STOPED RESPONDING ( MY...: Last night I was playing call of duty when all of a sudden my right joystick stopped responding. I tried my other controller, no luck. I Tried my 3rd controller, agian no luck. The rest of my...
  6. Xbox wireless headset wont turn on but the mic light is on help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset wont turn on but the mic light is on help!: I tried to reset my xbox wireless headset because it wouldn't pair to my xbox. So I tried to reset it now it is powered off and the mic is still on and when plugged in it wont take charge...
  7. Microsoft will not help with official Microsoft wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft will not help with official Microsoft wireless headset: I’m on my second official Microsoft headset that coincidentally has broken in the exact same spot. This unit broke, luckily within warranty…. Microsoft wasn’t having that they told me I needed to...
  8. please help I am unable to get my astro A50 wireless headset to give out game audio, I only...

in XboX Insiders
    please help I am unable to get my astro A50 wireless headset to give out game audio, I only...: I have followed all "how to" videos and step by step guides online with Dolby etc. Please help! submitted by /u/RagedImp [link] [comments]
  9. (Help) Wireless Display Lag (out of sync)

in XboX Insiders
    (Help) Wireless Display Lag (out of sync): I've been using the Wireless Display App to watch movies on my Xbox (casting from my PC) for around 1-2 years now for the most part without issue, but for the past three or so days the cast is...
  10. Xbox One wireless display app Galaxy S6 help!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One wireless display app Galaxy S6 help!!!!: hi all im going crazy looking all over the place for help on this, been searching for days but to no avail so have registered here hoping someone can please help me. I have an xbox one and...