[HELP] When I turn on my Xbox One S it goes straight to a black screen

Discus and support [HELP] When I turn on my Xbox One S it goes straight to a black screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I turn on my Xbox One S it goes to a blank black screen, no green start up. I've tried to do the troubleshooting thing,(where you turn off the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Undead Mask, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Undead Mask
    Undead Mask Guest

When I turn on my Xbox One S it goes to a blank black screen, no green start up. I've tried to do the troubleshooting thing,(where you turn off the console completely hold the sync button and eject button then turn it on) but the troubleshooting screen doesn't show up. Only the blank black screen. I've also tried to switch HDMI cords and channels but still nothing work. Is there a fix for this or is my Xbox totaled.

:)

Undead Mask, Jan 18, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Can you please try accessing the Xbox troubleshooter page as well but this time with these steps:

"1. Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

2. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

3. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

4. Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

5. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone."

When the console powers up, you will see the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. Please click on "Reset this Xbox" then "Reset and keep my games and apps".

Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.
  3. Dom Collins52 Win User

Green Screen of Death...?

I went to do an update on my xbox one console. Now when i turn it on it goeson green screen then goes on to black screen can anybody help
  4. BCOYLE21 Win User

Stuck at the initial green XBOX screen

I turned my rebooted the system because I thought it was frozen and now all I get is a black screen. My tv recognizes the xbox but it just goes straight to a blank screen and then nothing. Is there any way to reset it???
  5. StevenEngage86 Win User

Xbox one powering on to a black screen after logo screen.

My friend recently had this start happening, he turned it on for the first time in a while to install Advanced Warfare and was met with a clicking noise for s few min, he turned it off and waited a few min, when he turned it back on it will show the Xbox
    boot logo and go straight to a black screen. He;s tried all every power down option and gets a black screen no matter what.
  6. BCOYLE21 Win User

Green Screen of Death...

Mine was stuck forever and I rebooted it a couple of times trying new hdmi ports and now when I turn it on it goes straight to a blank screen. Help?!
Thema:

1. [HELP] When I turn on my Xbox One S it goes straight to a black screen - Similar Threads - HELP turn goes

2. Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a...: Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a controller highlighting to press Xbox logo, and it won't stop flashing can someone help me with that and...
  3. Monitor turning on but screen is black. Any Help?

in XBoX on Windows
    Monitor turning on but screen is black. Any Help?: So i have a KOORUI 24 inch 165 hz monitor I had just recently bought and everything has been perfect, it was great up until now. I have both and xbox and a pc and the monitor does not work on...
  4. Please help.. I'd turned cross play option off on my xbox I've tried to turn them back on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help.. I'd turned cross play option off on my xbox I've tried to turn them back on...: Hi all hopefully someone can help I'd turned cross play option off in my xbox settings so I'd only play with xbox users but now when I try to turn it back on again its saying it on I.e I can play...
  5. My Xbox keeps turning off only while in a game plays movies on disk fine any help is...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox keeps turning off only while in a game plays movies on disk fine any help is...: My Xbox continuesly shuts off while playing any game but when I put a movie in it’s fine and plays it checked the power and it’s fine and fan works properly any help is appreciated thanks I’m...
  6. I need help my Xbox One S has been weird I turn it on the it turns it self off can someone help

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help my Xbox One S has been weird I turn it on the it turns it self off can someone help: And when I would try a different outlet, it will do the same thing in the when I will try different power cord, it would do the same thing, and I don't really know what to do. I'm kind of scared...
  7. My pc keep restarting after I turned it on can you please help me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My pc keep restarting after I turned it on can you please help me: My pc keep restarting after I turned it on can you please help me 134abc9f-19e8-4d0e-8938-e1d5b1a7c9fe
  8. Xbox X Turns on But no Picture to Screen (HELP)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox X Turns on But no Picture to Screen (HELP): it has been opened. Had a diagnostic check done and the technician said the motherboard or hard drive needed to be fixed/replaced but didn't have the parts to repair I’m asking if anyone else has...
  9. Can you help me with getting child mode turned off my minecraft account because it's been...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you help me with getting child mode turned off my minecraft account because it's been...: My old microsoft account was "*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***" but after it was changed I was unable to log back in. Since my minecraft account was connected to...
  10. Can you help me fix my Xbox one x from going black screen offer I turn it on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you help me fix my Xbox one x from going black screen offer I turn it on: I turn on my Xbox one x and I get the green Xbox animation but after that the screen goes black. e3fdd936-8226-4d8b-bfae-48ffde4747e7