Help transferring accounts on steam's halo master chief collection.

Discus and support Help transferring accounts on steam's halo master chief collection. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; A while ago I got the Halo Master Chief Collection and played it for a while with no issues. Then I go a few months or a year without playing the game,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BAD GAMER1, Jan 5, 2023.

1. BAD GAMER1
    BAD GAMER1 Guest

A while ago I got the Halo Master Chief Collection and played it for a while with no issues. Then I go a few months or a year without playing the game, then launch it only to find I've been signed out and somehow the accounts got messed up for Microsoft and the game got put under my dad's Microsoft account rather than my microsoft account. So I contact microsoft support about transferring the game time on his account over to mine, they told me they can't do that unless they refund the game but seeing as how I bought it through steam I need steam to refund it for me so then I can rebuy it and use the new game key for my microsoft account rather than my dad's. I have sent 4 refund requests about this to steam and I assume have been rejected by the bot based on my play time being over 2 hours. I think this because it wouldn't make sense to reject it when I explained the reason why I need to move it over to my microsoft account rather than my dad's microsoft account and I am just going to grab the game again and link it under my microsoft account. I'm trying a different approach and making a thread here for someone to help me change my Halo Masterchief collection key over to my account so I can access it at anytime. Things I have tried include but are not limited to calling xbox support number (which doesn't seem to exist anymore), messaging steam about the refund (then getting denied), calling microsoft support which just told me to call the xbox support number which no longer exists, launching the game and trying to sign out of my dad's account and switch over to mine (doesn't work just takes me back to the main menu of the game). Options I still believe are available to me are microsoft contacting steam about refunding the game so I can link the proper account, microsoft helping me clear everything on that game and switch accounts. If not those there should be other options to fix this I shouldn't be locked out of a game I own because of an account error.

:)

BAD GAMER1, Jan 5, 2023
  2. onyxishere Win User

Add Halo 3 to Xbox One

3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello , I read your full description carefully, but unfortunately I think there is no way to transfer the game from one account to another, you already got the information directly from Xbox support about what should be done but unfortunately you didn't get the refund by Steam.

The only viable solution would be for your father to pass this account on to you so you can continue playing.
  4. Georges C. Win User

This forum is open to the public and unfortunately, as independent consultants, we do not have access to some data or procedures like this.

If there was anything to be done Xbox support would be the best place to give you pointers.
  5. BAD GAMER1 Win User

Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't there be a way for you guys to be able to talk to steam about giving a refund considering you own the game series?
  6. XBF - Tali Win User

Halo MCC and DLCs?

Hello chrisgerrad1,

Thank you for confirming. Halo: Combat Evolved does require Halo: The Master Chief Collection in order to play. Combat Evolved acts as an add-on of sorts for the Master Chief Collection. You will need the full purchase of the Master Chief Collection in order to own all the titles within the package.

I hope this helps!

-Tali
Thema:

1. Help transferring accounts on steam's halo master chief collection. - Similar Threads - Help transferring accounts

2. Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play GTA Online & Gamepass help after Xbox transfer (Account, Data & Games): As the title says, I need some help I recently transferred to a Xbox One X, the problem is I can't play GTA Online I used to be able to on my Xbox One, but now I get the "Your profile does not...
  3. i need help to remove my fortnite account from one microsoft account then transfer to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i need help to remove my fortnite account from one microsoft account then transfer to...: Hi I linked my Fortnite account to my father's Microsoft account a while back and now my father is complaining that he has all his personal information on that account and doesn't want any games...
  4. Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.: Hi, I used to have an Xbox One X and it stopped displaying video but at that time I didn't have enough cash to get it repaired so I had to get it recycled. It had my old gamertag and old Microsoft...
  5. I need to transfer my son's game play to a new Microsoft account for his safety please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to transfer my son's game play to a new Microsoft account for his safety please help: Hello I really hope someone from Xbox can help me. Side note I apologize for being Xbox illiterate. My son has been using his father's Xbox, which he gave to him years ago. AHis father...
  6. I need to transfer games and data from my Auntie account onto my account how can you help...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need to transfer games and data from my Auntie account onto my account how can you help...: I need help transfers my games and data from my Auntie Xbox Account onto my account how can I do it Please help?! f2bbe270-e1c6-4762-9c99-f8f5dacaf918
  7. Unauthorized account transfer to another country. PLEASE HELP

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unauthorized account transfer to another country. PLEASE HELP: Recently my wife went to sign into my Xbox using my account that I have had for years. It normally automatically does this but this time it did not. I thought it was weird and my password wasn't...
  8. Xbox live account transfer help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live account transfer help: Help. Years ago when my brother first got a xbox 360 and i had to sign him up to live i used my email address for him as was fastest way to setup. Now he in his 20s he wants the account to...
  9. Xbox/Microsoft account data transfer help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox/Microsoft account data transfer help: I don't really know how to easily put my issue into searchable terms and the few solutions I have found I am unsure if they do what I need them to do so I am putting out this question if you know...
  10. my bungie account wont transfer onto destiny2 even though im linked. any help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my bungie account wont transfer onto destiny2 even though im linked. any help: i got d2 on my ps4 with all dlc's, i even linked my account from bungie to the ps4 and got my stuff. but with the xbox 1 my things havnt, not only that but its making me start from 509 all the...