HELP! someones using my xbox live account after i changed my password

Discus and support HELP! someones using my xbox live account after i changed my password in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi So a few months ago I was trying to game share with someone who decided they didn't want to share back just take advantage of me. So I changed my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by KRONIKwomyn)-(, Nov 22, 2018.

1. HELP! someones using my xbox live account after i changed my password

Hi

So a few months ago I was trying to game share with someone who decided they didn't want to share back just take advantage of me. So I changed my password and I still believe he has access to my account what can I do to negate any further unwanted access
    to my xbox live content

thanks

KRONIK

:)

KRONIKwomyn)-(, Nov 22, 2018
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to password protect your Xbox LIVE profile

Xbox LIVE password overview

It is possible to download your Xbox LIVE profile to several different consoles. You may need to do this if you have more than one Xbox 360 console, or you want to play games at a friend's house. In such a situation, you may want to password protect your Xbox LIVE account so that no one else can sign in using your profile.

Set the console to remember your password

Once you have downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile to a console, you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. The Remember Password option is usually off by default. This means that you will be asked for your Microsoft account password every time you sign into Xbox LIVE.

If you don't want to be asked for your Microsoft account password every time you sign into Xbox LIVE, select the Remember Password option.

Change the password protection on your profile

You are required to set the Remember Password option after you download your Xbox LIVE profile. However, you can change the password protection on your Xbox LIVE profile any time.

If you don't need a password to sign in:

Sign into your Xbox LIVE profile. After you have entered your Microsoft account password, select the Remember Password option.

If you choose the Remember Password option, you will not be asked for your Microsoft account password the next time you sign into your Xbox LIVE profile.

If you need a password to sign in:

You can restrict access to your Xbox LIVE profile on any console using your Microsoft account password.

Steps to follow

1) Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2) Under Settings, select Account and then Account Security

3) Choose the option for Password at Sign In.

4) Select Require Password Here

You will be asked for your Microsoft account password the next time you sign into your Xbox LIVE profile.

How to password protect your Xbox LIVE profile remotely

If you downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile to another console and it is not password protected, or someone has compromised your password, you can change the password from a remote location so that no one else can access your profile.

Change your Microsoft account

1) Sign into accounts.live.com using your Microsoft account.

2) Go to Account Information and, next to Password, click Change.

You can also use your console to change your Microsoft account password.

Note: If the Xbox LIVE profile you downloaded does not require a password to sign in (You selected the Remember Password option), you will not be able to restrict someone from signing into your Xbox profile even if you change your Microsoft account password.

You can remove your Microsoft account password so that other people cannot access your Xbox profile on other consoles. This will ensure that a password is required before signing into your Xbox profile.

Remotely set a profile password from a computer:

1) Sign into your Xbox LIVE account.

2) Under Settings, select Account, and then Account Security

3) Choose the option for Password at Sign In.

4) Select On All Other Consoles.

Once you have done this, a password will be required to sign into your Xbox LIVE profile on all other consoles.

xboxfelix, Nov 22, 2018
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Troubleshoot profile-password errors

It is possible to restrict access to your Xbox LIVE profile from any console by making it necessary to use your Microsoft account password to sign into your profile.

You may encounter the following errors when you try making your password necessary for sign-in:

• "Sorry, there was a problem requiring your password for sign-in on other consoles. Your password is still remembered for other consoles. Try again later, or try requiring password on sign-in from www.xbox.com. Visit xbox.com/security if you think someone else is accessing your account."
    • "Sorry, there was a problem requiring your password for sign-in on this console. Your password is still remembered on this console. Try again later, or try requiring password on sign-in from www.xbox.com. Visit xbox.com/security if you think someone else is accessing your account."
    Solution: Set a password requirement on Xbox.com

1) Click My Account

2) Go to Settings & Preferences

3) Select Xbox 360 Profile Protection

4) Sign in using your Microsoft account (email and password associated with your Xbox LIVE account). You will see the number of consoles that don't require a sign-in password to access your Xbox LIVE profile.

5) Click Protect Profile. This will make it necessary to download your profile again using your Microsoft account before it can be used on any console. All previous copies of your profile will not work, and any changes or achievements that had not yet been saved to Xbox LIVE will be lost.

Important: If you feel that your password has been compromised, you can change your Microsoft account password by following these steps:

1) Sign into accounts.live.com using your Microsoft account.

2) Got to Account Information, and next to Password, click Change.

If you are unable to set a sign-in password on Xbox. com, you should check the Xbox LIVE service status.

If the Xbox LIVE service status is up and running, you should repeat the process later.

If the problem persists, contact Xbox Support.

xboxfelix, Nov 22, 2018
  4. HELP! someones using my xbox live account after i changed my password

The good news is that when you change your password on your account it blocks access on other consoles. However its worth pointing out that game sharing is allowed only within the same house.

MightyQuinn75, Nov 22, 2018
  5. XBF Erick C
    XBF Erick C Guest
    Hey there Kronik

I would advise that you go ahead and try and update your
    Security information
    to make sure you are the only one with access to this information so nobody else can update your passwords.

Of course if you have already updated your information and you still feel that the other user is accessing your account you might want to check out the support article titled "I
    think my account has been hacked
    ." This will walk you through what exactly to do if the other user is continuing to access your account.

Another thing to keep in mind, it is not advised to share your account login information as this can lead to issues far worst than someone simply logging into your account. You definitely don't want your information to be compromised as well.

I hope this helps!

XBF Erick C, Nov 22, 2018
  6. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    You can do several things to make sure your account can't be used by anyone else without your consent.

Since you changed your password, that was already the first step.

Now, go to
    https://account.live.com/Proofs/Manage
    and review the security information on your account (i.e. phone numbers and secondary emails). Make sure that other persons did NOT add their own email to that information. Otherwise they could use that email to recover
    your account password again for themselves.

Also make sure that your email accounts are also secured, and that no one has access to your emails, so they can't use your email to recover your account.

After you made sure your security information is up to date and correct, scroll down a bit on the page and enable "Two Step Verification".

After enabling that feature, use the instructions below that section to set up the Microsoft Authenticator App on your phone.

With that combination, whenever someone tries to get into your account on an unknown device with a stolen password, they are asked for a code, that only your phone can provide.

Unless they were also able to steal your phone, they can't get into your account, even if they know your password.

To sum it up, you need three steps to harden your account against theft:

1. Change your password
    2. Make sure your security info is correct
    3. Enable Two Step Verification and set up the Authenticator App on your phone!

Arminator, Nov 6, 2018
  7. MightyQuinn75 Win User

The good news is that when you change your password on your account it blocks access on other consoles. However its worth pointing out that game sharing is allowed only within the same house.
  8. ArminatorX Win User

...what can I do to negate any further unwanted access to my xbox live content
    You can do several things to make sure your account can't be used by anyone else without your consent.

Since you changed your password, that was already the first step.

Now, go to
    https://account.live.com/Proofs/Manage
    and review the security information on your account (i.e. phone numbers and secondary emails). Make sure that other persons did NOT add their own email to that information. Otherwise they could use that email to recover
    your account password again for themselves.

Also make sure that your email accounts are also secured, and that no one has access to your emails, so they can't use your email to recover your account.

After you made sure your security information is up to date and correct, scroll down a bit on the page and enable "Two Step Verification".

After enabling that feature, use the instructions below that section to set up the Microsoft Authenticator App on your phone.

With that combination, whenever someone tries to get into your account on an unknown device with a stolen password, they are asked for a code, that only your phone can provide.

Unless they were also able to steal your phone, they can't get into your account, even if they know your password.

To sum it up, you need three steps to harden your account against theft:

1. Change your password
    2. Make sure your security info is correct
    3. Enable Two Step Verification and set up the Authenticator App on your phone!
  9. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there Kronik

I would advise that you go ahead and try and update your
    Security information
    to make sure you are the only one with access to this information so nobody else can update your passwords.

Of course if you have already updated your information and you still feel that the other user is accessing your account you might want to check out the support article titled "I
    think my account has been hacked
    ." This will walk you through what exactly to do if the other user is continuing to access your account.

Another thing to keep in mind, it is not advised to share your account login information as this can lead to issues far worst than someone simply logging into your account. You definitely don't want your information to be compromised as well.

I hope this helps!
  10. Tshiller Win User

Someone bought games with my account.

Also i changed my Live Account login password after i found out someone had made purchases with my profile.
  11. geekfather Win User

email compromised

Unless you had someone login to your account then changing your email password would be the only thing you need to do. Did they access your XBOX account? Also would be a very good idea to change your XBOX live password and add the security proofs to your
    account. I have mine set to text me a code in the event someone would ever request a password change to my xbox account.

Changing your XBOX password
    support.xbox.com/.../change-microsoft-account-password

Adding proofs:support.xbox.com/.../add-security-contact-information
Thema:

1. HELP! someones using my xbox live account after i changed my password - Similar Threads - HELP someones using

2. Bugged control of the analog sticks on Xbox. Can someone help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bugged control of the analog sticks on Xbox. Can someone help?: I have problems with the controls on my Xbox. After I open a game I see on the controls tester app that the controls are bugged "Spongy". I see it mainly on the analog sticks, before I start a...
  3. Can someone please help me

in XBoX on Windows
    Can someone please help me: So I was watching YouTube on my xbox and than I randomly got suspended permanently and I didn't even do anything wrong ever so than I sent an appeal but it got denied what do I do now did I just...
  4. Can someone help with this game-breaking issue? (Assetto Corsa Logitech G29)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone help with this game-breaking issue? (Assetto Corsa Logitech G29): Hi, I have an issue that literally just started occurring yesterday on my G29 in Assetto Corsa, which my G29 has been working fine and well on for about 5 months now. Basically, suddenly my force...
  5. Pls help me or someone got a solution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pls help me or someone got a solution: Can you please help,my Xbox series x is not working and it turns off automatically and my tv gos to"No signal" 86010458-51f7-4c1d-9b75-51f1a714e97a
  6. Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??: When i go to put in a 360 disc or a dvd in my xbox one it won’t read it will just sit in there and when i put a xbox one disc or a blue ray disc in it reads it 75% of the time and some of these...
  7. Can someone help me please

in XBoX on Windows
    Can someone help me please: My Microsoft Edge on the Xbox series s, consistently crashes from the microphone permission. I can't enable it, block it, or exit it out without edge crashing every single time. I reset my Xbox...
  8. I am a fan of Nokia Lumia 800. I don't want to throw it. I wish someone can help me in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am a fan of Nokia Lumia 800. I don't want to throw it. I wish someone can help me in...: I am a fan of Nokia Lumia 800. I don't want to throw it. I wish someone can help me in getting upgrade this phone. I live the shape of the phone. Is there any solution to make it useable plz?...
  9. Could someone help me??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Could someone help me??: My Xbox 360 slim the black and silver one it won’t read anything and so I replaced the disc drive and then tried putting a game disc in and when it goes to play the game it sounds like the fan...
  10. Can someone please help me with Account Recovery?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone please help me with Account Recovery?: Can ANYONE PLEASE help me recover my other account? I had to make a new account just to try to get in contact with support. When I try to sign in, it wants me to verify with a phone number I do...